Page 51 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That could be why they shot him in the head. As a way to justify Dick not being involved.
    Yeah, just them taking him off the table like they did with the Forever Evil fallout. Didn't want to deal with how Dick's identity being exposed effected Batman when Batman Eternal was coming out so they just sent him overseas to be a spy and be out of the way. This time they shot him in the head and gave him amnesia and dumped him back in Bludhaven to avoid dealing with him in HiC given the characters that are involved in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    and her reaction to dick being shot/amnesia?
    Honestly I'm expecting as much as we got with Grayson. I doubt other writers are gonna address something when DC doesn't even know what they are really even doing with it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait wait wait. I get the Bat-family team doesn't want to deal with Forever Evil aftermath because they already had a story planned, but what's Dick's amnesia has to do with avoiding dealing with Heroes in Crisis aftermath? The Dark Web plan they had is about Dick's connection to other heroes so it seems like a perfect place to deal with it... or do you mean he's shot so they don't have to write Nightwing in Heroes in Crisis? He's on the cover and the hit list so they did plan to include him.

He can't give a crap about who dies if he doesn't remember them. So it keeps him out of it, when otherwise given his relationship with the two big victims he logically should be one of the main people looking for answers.

And a cover is just a cover.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-26-2018 at 09:41 AM.

spoilers:
    Nightwing wins
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He can't give a crap about who dies if he doesn't remember them. So it keeps him out of it, when otherwise given his relationship with the two big victims he logically should be one of the main people looking for answers.

And a cover is just a cover.
    Well yeah, so logically Nightwing should be used in the story. Which is why I'm confused why they decided to go with amnesia. and why keep him from it. Why they decided not to include him in the story? Why not write a scene of him giving a crap who dies or help looking for answers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

spoilers:
    Nightwing wins
    end of spoilers
    finally some good news

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Jesus I at this point I want to see if I could walk up to DC and see if I could take over Nightwing.
    Please do! It doesn't look like anybody else wants to deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well yeah, so logically Nightwing should be used in the story. Which is why I'm confused why they decided to go with amnesia. and why keep him from it. Why they decided not to include him in the story? Why not write a scene of him giving a crap who dies or help looking for answers?
    Because they don't want to involve him in DCU stories unless they can use it to push Batman's narrative. He's irrelevant to these kind of stories and it is a convenient way to write him out of it while also using him as a prop for King's Batman story.

I mean remember when Snyder and DC talked about now Nightwing and Waller were going to lead some Earth team in the Metal event and all Dick did was get stuck in a glass tube for the whole event? They just don't care about him in these bigger DCU stories like HiC.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Because they don't want to involve him in DCU stories unless they can use it to push Batman's narrative. He's irrelevant to these kind of stories and it is a convenient way to write him out of it while also using him as a prop for King's Batman story.

I mean remember when Snyder and DC talked about now Nightwing and Waller were going to lead some Earth team in the Metal event and all Dick did was get stuck in a glass tube for the whole event? They just don't care about him in these bigger DCU stories like HiC.
    I just don't get the logic of forcing him out when they could just develop the story naturally. Like, deliberately forcing him out sounds like an extra effort when he's already on the character list.

Snyder's Justice League Whatever's decision to replace Nightwing with Green Arrow makes more sense to me, in story because he's not a member of any team who Brainiac attacked, and out of story because he's a classic League member who hasn't been involved in any League event in a while.

So... I don't know when Heroes in Crisis was planned in relation to Bane's revenge but it makes more sense to me that King realized that if Bane's plan is to break Batman psychologically, on top of getting rid of Catwoman he will get rid of the rest of the family one by one and that's the reason he's written out... or... he wrote in Heroes in Crisis first, realized that logically Nightwing should have more screen time, then decided to expand Bane's revenge to involve Nightwing so he doesn't have to rewrite Heroes in Crisis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    finally some good news
    ....you people actually care about online fan matches?

What.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

What.
    I care about a medium that reaches people outside of the comic book collective and showcaseses nightwing in good light
    why so bitter brah

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Please do! It doesn't look like anybody else wants to deal with him.
    who would when the story you want to tell could be ripped from under you

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

What.
    The results of Death Battle aren't decided by fans.

Mighty Member

Maybe theres at least hope that amnesiac Rick decides that Bludhaven is garbage and moves far far away.