Page 61 of 182 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    at least he still sexy
    Travis Moore got really popular for his drawing of Dick when the Wedding Prelude came out. Considering how many people balked at this direction, he's one of... no, for me his art is the only saving grace.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Nothing felt particularly Dick Grayson about this. It was just some generic action hero type. Kinda like the diner scene from Jack Reacher.
    Hard for me to say without reading the issue yet, and although Percy spoke of leaving on a supposed high note with #50, I wouldn't be surprised if his heart just wasn't in it you know? And it's possible it might show within the writing. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Travis Moore got really popular for his drawing of Dick when the Wedding Prelude came out. Considering how many people balked at this direction, he's one of... no, for me his art is the only saving grace.
    Same here.

Mighty Member

I know I have been salty with DC's decisions these past months. But I am a Dick Grayson fan no matter what. He is my hero. He may not be the symbol of hope that is Superman or the beacon of justice that Batman. He is better. Dick is the good person in everyone of us. He reminds us that the most important thing to a hero is not the powers or greatness. It is the kindness to help people in need. He is the heart of a hero in every normal person. Which is why DiDio or whoever person in DC can not stop him. Dick Grayson will outlive them and his legend will continue. Because the world will always need good men. And Dick will always remind us that good men can make a difference and win in the end.

Mighty Member

So I say, bring it haters and DiDio because you have no chance. Dick Grayson lives in every heart he inspired. There are a lot of us from different generations. We carry his light no matter how dark the present is. His light will not fade. His light will continue guiding us and we will not forget. We will pass it to other people and they will do the same. This is what a true superhero does and is. This is why Dick Grayson is one of the most beloved characters who will always be relevant.

Seeley did a Reddit AMA, nothing really new about NW and Grayson but it was nice reading about his opinions and ideas.

About the NW run:
    [...] To me, nothing should be harder and meaner than Gotham right? That's how you get Batman. I was also influenced by the fact that I live in Chicago, a much maligned city that is actually beautiful and vibrant and full of life. Then, I added in the idea that the character's city should reflect the hero...thus a shadowy city that wears a bright smile.

As for Blockbuster, I wanted him to be a bad guy that was more firmly rooted in Dick Grayson...more personal, more reflective of Dick's traits. I wanted him to be someone that LOVED his city...a 'townie" for whom Nightwing was an outsider.

Raptor was developed from conversations with Geoff Johns and editor Rebecca Taylor. We wanted to give Dick his dark reflection...a sort of mentor who could take him down the wrong path.

[...] a follow up Dr. Hurt story, and a Warlord story I wanted to do.
    [...]Defacer as a character was intended to showcase how different Dick is from Batman. His "Catwoman" was actively on a redemption track...she regretted what she's done and Dick was interested in helping her stay that way. I think Batman LIKES that Selena is on the other side of the law. It;s what fuels their attraction. Dick isn't that guy, to me.
    Ranking the Robins:
    Well, here are MY FAVORITES:

1). Dick Grasyon

2). Damian Wayne

3). Tim Drake

4). Jason Todd

5). Givens

6). Thicke
    In light of the discussions we've had about King this might be interesting to some:

[...] Tom and I used to basically say that EVERYTHING happened, and how a character remembers it determines the story.
    I learned A LOT from Tom. One of the wisest things he ever said was "The readers don't care how you get there...they just want to believe it." He also amazed me with his formalist approach...writing an issue backwards SHOULD NOT have worked, but he made it great.
    It's quite interesting to me that King's and Seeley's time on Grayson had an impact on their writing. Thinking about it, two writers for an ongoing comic might actually help to archive a new standard for comic book writing in general.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I know I have been salty with DC's decisions these past months. But I am a Dick Grayson fan no matter what. He is my hero. He may not be the symbol of hope that is Superman or the beacon of justice that Batman. He is better. Dick is the good person in everyone of us. He reminds us that the most important thing to a hero is not the powers or greatness. It is the kindness to help people in need. He is the heart of a hero in every normal person. Which is why DiDio or whoever person in DC can not stop him. Dick Grayson will outlive them and his legend will continue. Because the world will always need good men. And Dick will always remind us that good men can make a difference and win in the end.
    Bravo bravo

Minor spoiler about Dick in Titans. Netflix changes the description for Titans.

Not something that we aren't expecting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitansTV/co...scription_for/

Got a Reply from Tim Seeley During the AMA, really miss him on the book again now:
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hey Tim, What was your favourite part of writing Nightwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Seeley View Post
    I loved his relationship with other characters. I like that he was the cool guy....the fun guy...but that he was competent and caring and heroic too. Great character. Y'all are making me miss him!
    Its a Shame that DiDio and King are taking all the stuff Seeley liked about Dick away from us tomorrow
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Nightwing has impressively managed to downgrade with every writer since Rebirth. I want to say I honestly don't think we can go any lower from here, but DC will probably manage to shock me.

I would say maybe Tynion, but, mind-blowingly enough, he's too high-profile for Dick now.
    Every time I think DC has hit rock-bottom with its treatment of Dick Grayson, they reach new depths. I think the character is headed for Comics Limbo in a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Every time I think DC has hit rock-bottom with its treatment of Dick Grayson, they reach new depths. I think the character is headed for Comics Limbo in a few issues.
    I don't think Dick will ever go into limbo but I'm sure they can find somewhere worse to put him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I don't think Dick will ever go into limbo but I'm sure they can find somewhere worse to put him.
    Limbo might be the best place for Dick these days. I can't see the "New Direction" Nightwing lasting more than a few issues--UNLESS Scott Lobdell has some crazy-wild rabbits to pull out of the hat that will rock everybody's worlds--then the book will be cancelled, putting it--and us--out of our collective misery. Maybe Didio will someday retire wealthy and content to a luxury tropical island where he will forget his hatred of and determination to destroy Dick Grayson long enough not to imprint it upon DC's next ruling regime. Then all the feeble, starving Wingnuts can crawl out of their crypts and hopefully find a sympathetic ear.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Limbo might be the best place for Dick these days. I can't see the "New Direction" Nightwing lasting more than a few issues--UNLESS Scott Lobdell has some crazy-wild rabbits to pull out of the hat that will rock everybody's worlds--then the book will be cancelled, putting it--and us--out of our collective misery. Maybe Didio will someday retire wealthy and content to a luxury tropical island where he will forget his hatred of and determination to destroy Dick Grayson long enough not to imprint it upon DC's next ruling regime. Then all the feeble, starving Wingnuts can crawl out of their crypts and hopefully find a sympathetic ear.
    Limbo probably would probably be best for a moment so DC could figure out an actual plan. But I don't really see that happening.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

it's pretty much like he is in limbo anyway. Now, that he isolated from everyone else. except it's in stories told in pointlesss and boring adventures with civilians, new characters that will go nowhere in the end. DC may, just as well put in limbo whlie they are at it.
    I just can't see this spinning into a positive situation like Grayson. the theme and idea this time, is just boring.

Limbo probably would probably be best for a moment so DC could figure out an actual plan. But I don't really see that happening.
    If a bimonthly series isn’t enough incentive for them to come up with a plan, I don’t see how limbo is gonna make them want to do it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-03-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If he's in limbo he's not coming out until some writers come up with an idea, or Didio's trying another new direction.

Luckily, the first one happens often. While their decision can affect Dick and his series in a negative way, Morrison, Snyder, King, Tomasi, and sometimes Johns want to use him in their Batman's story, and from there a new series can relaunch, similar to how King's BatCat story relaunched Catwoman.

It's a double-edged sword. Them using Dick in Batman story while he has a series is bad because it can change his series direction, but them using Dick in their story while Dick is in Limbo means he can get out of it faster than most.

So if they ever cancel his series, I'm confident we're gonna get a new one sooner than later.