Page 65 of 182 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So that's his circle now. Who among these "closest friends" are going to die and spur him to heroism in future issues?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So that's his circle now. Who among these "closest friends" are going to die and spur him to heroism in future issues?
    Doesn't matter .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    What I find wired is that they say in the beginning something about a loss of motor function, but than have him easily do stuff like this during the whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They are as irrelevant as him being a taxi driver. Whoever dies or doesn't die can be added to the list of pointless Nightwing supporting characters no one cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You sure that's not thrown out with the rest of the babies and bathwater?
    I hope not since that was from his interview in this week's DC Nation #5.

I wonder how many people who weren't fans of Grayson are wondering that maybe Grayson was the right idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I wonder how many people who weren't fans of Grayson are wondering that maybe Grayson was the right idea.
    I know right. Fans keep wanting nightwing to go back to the same status quo that almost get him killed off and replaced by jason todd in IC, replaced by harper row after Forever Evil and now this! Forget this amnesa thing. The real question is after this are they going to give nightwing a direction that THEY will invest in nightwing. Or will nightwing continue to have no direction and need a " SHACK UP" ever 2 years?

They should let him be face of there spy corner. Spyral vs Leviathan, all while still being nightwing. There's nothing for him in bludhaven, just have bludhaven be his home for rest, nightlife fun and downtime but nightwing is globe.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 10-04-2018 at 04:56 AM.

I was probably the biggest Grayson detractor on the forums (I still loved the series but knew it wasn't going to last) but I'm still glad we moved away from Grayson. The things introduced in Grayson should have become staples of Dick's new direction. The Raptor arc was good, along with Huntress. Keeping stuff from Grayson was needed because you build off of what came before. Constantly trying to reinvent the wheel or destroying previous ideas and replacing them doesn't work.

Putting Dick in Bludhaven as Nightwing wasn't a mistake, I think it was the right move. The problem was nobody had a clear idea what they wanted Bludhaven to be. It felt like it changed arc to arc along with characters povs of the city. If we have more of the early Nightwing stuff from the run mixed with some more of the ideas from Dixon, Dick would be a lot better of then he is right now.

Also take in account Abnett and if he was doing a better job this also wouldn't be happening.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Do you hear that DC? That's the sound of positive reviews of Titans. Dick is getting more popular but you keep on sabotaging him. No support yet he is one of most popular characters in comics. You were lucky DC.

Extraordinary Member

Every chapter has to end man you gotta let it go
    Nightwing return was always inevitable

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Do you hear that DC? That's the sound of positive reviews of Titans. Dick is getting more popular but you keep on sabotaging him. No support yet he is one of most popular characters in comics. You were lucky DC.
    This is good news. Hope Dick's transformation into nightwing happens sooner in the series, it will be a bummer if Dick gets too popular has Robin and Nightwing becomes redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I was probably the biggest Grayson detractor on the forums (I still loved the series but knew it wasn't going to last) but I'm still glad we moved away from Grayson. The things introduced in Grayson should have become staples of Dick's new direction. The Raptor arc was good, along with Huntress. Keeping stuff from Grayson was needed because you build off of what came before. Constantly trying to reinvent the wheel or destroying previous ideas and replacing them doesn't work.

Putting Dick in Bludhaven as Nightwing wasn't a mistake, I think it was the right move. The problem was nobody had a clear idea what they wanted Bludhaven to be. It felt like it changed arc to arc along with characters povs of the city. If we have more of the early Nightwing stuff from the run mixed with some more of the ideas from Dixon, Dick would be a lot better of then he is right now.

Also take in account Abnett and if he was doing a better job this also wouldn't be happening.
    I agree. Especially support characters should have stayed, at least the big three (Tiger, Helena, Midnighter). Blüdhaven could have been a base more than anything. I might remember this wrong, but wasn't Seeley's initial plan for NW to be 1 arc Blüdhaven, 1 arc globetrotting? Or maybe it just felt that way.

It's a fundamental problem for Dick that every writer wants his own characters to stick instead of using characters the reader and the protagonist have already connected to.

You know... what does it even matter. DC being dumb and losing fans on the main Nightwing book is whatever.

Look. We got Titans, already greenlit for Season 2, and people are loving the show. We're getting Young Justice: Outsiders, a show that treats Dick better than he has been in comics for a long time. We're getting the DC Ink book, Dick Grayson: Lost Carnival and he should appear in the Teen Titans series of books eventually if not in the Raven one. That's without getting into all the things that are still up in the air. Maybe it's time for some of you guys to just move on? There's still so much Dick Grayson coming, so you don't need to let go, just move on. I'll probably be doing that after seeing if DC has any plans beyond Lobdell. And hey, maybe we'll luck out on the next round of relaunches or reboots.

Anyways, I love this interview so much. I just can't help but laugh at Thwaites wanting to get rid of the Robin cape lmao.

As more and more time goes on it is clear to me that Bludhaven has failed, again. It just doesn't work and it was a mistake to send Dick back there to an idea that doesn't have the proper foundation to succeed. I've said why I think Bludhaven is a broken concept countless time and I don't want to repeat myself, but I'll never understand why fans cling to the idea of Bludhaven so much when it has done nothing but regress the character back into being something a series like Grayson was finally moving him out of. It does nothing but cut him off from the DCU, there is nothing in Bludhaven worth anything, and it is a setting that writers struggle massively to write in.

Seeley hated Bludhaven and the idea of it. It was the main reason he didn't want to write Nightwing in Rebirth, but he only did it if he could completely re-imagine it. He tied his absolute best to make it a setting that could stick and I commend him for trying, but it didn't work. Two years later and it is having the same problems it always had. It is just a countdown now until DC finally moves Dick out of it again for something else, but they will probably flounder around for a few more years before then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    You know... what does it even matter. DC being dumb and losing fans on the main Nightwing book is whatever.

Look. We got Titans, already greenlit for Season 2, and people are loving the show. We're getting Young Justice: Outsiders, a show that treats Dick better than he has been in comics for a long time. We're getting the DC Ink book, Dick Grayson: Lost Carnival and he should appear in the Teen Titans series of books eventually if not in the Raven one. That's without getting into all the things that are still up in the air. Maybe it's time for some of you guys to just move on? There's still so much Dick Grayson coming, so you don't need to let go, just move on. I'll probably be doing that after seeing if DC has any plans beyond Lobdell. And hey, maybe we'll luck out on the next round of relaunches or reboots.

Anyways, I love this interview so much. I just can't help but laugh at Thwaites wanting to get rid of the Robin cape lmao.
    There are also the DC Animated movies that Dick Grayson is in
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.