Page 138 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2724

If Ric wasn’t Dick no one would give two craps about him or his boring hobo life. He’s far from his own man. He’s a pathetic and uninteresting shell of a another character people like.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-14-2018 at 05:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    This is exactly what I've been saying. As long nightwing is under the bat office this is as good as its going to get for dick.but people just love them some batfam, dick cant leave daddy and go be his own man. At best we'll get mediorce mini batman and now it looks like dicks generation is getting new52'd again so good by greater dcu.

As a solo, Ric is more his own man than Dick.
    Becasue batman doesnt seem to care if Dick remembers who he is

but batgirl does and this is real sad

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    This is exactly what I've been saying. As long nightwing is under the bat office this is as good as its going to get for dick.
    I feel like it's quite the "rock and a hard place" situation. The ties to Batman are beneficial on a lot of levels; Bats is one of the biggest properties on the planet, from any genre or format. It benefits Nightwing to have ties there. But it also limits him, especially when the Bat office is of the opinion that Dick is just another sidekick and his narrative can and should be bent to further Batman's. The editors seem to consider Dick no more important than Duke (sorry Duke fans) and that's a total load of BS.

What we need is for Nightwing to be treated like Supergirl. Kara's part of the Super family, but she's off on her own, doing her thing, and only occasionally meets up with her more famous cousin. Kara rarely gets the short end to make Clark look better, rarely interacts with Clark at all, and stands almost completely on her own, outside of a shared backstory and logo.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Baby steps, at this point I’ll take just them using someone else as the resident prop and fodder. And honestly I’m not even sure if this a Bat relations problem, because the Titans did the same crap.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-14-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Talking about Nightwing right now is kinda pointless since DC isn't invested. Ric is a generic edgelord anyway. He is not the same character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Talking about Nightwing right now is kinda pointless since DC isn't invested. Ric is a generic edgelord anyway. He is not the same character.
    What is an edgelord?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    What is an edgelord?
    Jason Todd without his smart-ass sense of humor and angry. King's Batman/Heroes in Crisis.

I don't get why people are acting like the Titans is how you save him. That him being more a Titan and less of a Batman character will be any better for the character. This isn't the 80s. Have people read any Titans stories in the last few decades? Seen how irrelevant the Titans have been? Or how much they are used as fodder for the JL? You want to remove him from a franchise where at least DC cares about it to one that they don't care at all and is probably more overcrowded than the Batman franchise.

As bad as this Ric Grayson story is I'd argue that it is still better than what Abnett did to the character. The Ric story was just a cash grab to increase sales by jumping on what happened in the Batman book, but what Abnett did in Titans was what he actually thought of the character and thought he was writing the character well and DC supported that by even bringing Abnett back. It remains maybe one of the worst depictions of Dick's character I have ever read in anything and I don't understand why people think the Titans franchise will be what saves him or will make him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't get why people are acting like the Titans is how you save him. That him being more a Titan and less of a Batman character will be any better for the character. This isn't the 80s. Have people read any Titans stories in the last few decades? Seen how irrelevant the Titans have been? Or how much they are used as fodder for the JL? You want to remove him from a franchise where at least DC cares about it to one that they don't care at all and is probably more overcrowded than the Batman franchise.

As bad as this Ric Grayson story is I'd argue that it is still better than what Abnett did to the character. The Ric story was just a cash grab to increase sales by jumping on what happened in the Batman book, but what Abnett did in Titans was what he actually thought of the character and thought he was writing the character well and DC supported that by even bringing Abnett back. It remains maybe one of the worst depictions of Dick's character I have ever read in anything and I don't understand why people think the Titans franchise will be what saves him or will make him better.
    Titans right now and Nightwing are equally as bad.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Titans right now and Nightwing are equally as bad.
    I'm not sure about that. Abnett has proven he's serious about wiping his butt with his supposed showcase character. Lobdell and Fabian had this dumped in their laps by King and Didio. We know Abnett has rotten intentions; we don't know that about L + F. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Abnett has proven he's serious about wiping his butt with his supposed showcase character. Lobdell and Fabian had this dumped in their laps by King and Didio. We know Abnett has rotten intentions; we don't know that about L + F. Yet.
    Intentions don't matter, execution does. Titans has been pretty bad for a long time now and honestly so has Nightwing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Dick Grayson will never flourish until DC accepts that, in order to grow as a story tellling company...they have to let Batman's generation grow old and pass on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Intentions don't matter, execution does. Titans has been pretty bad for a long time now and honestly so has Nightwing.
    Of course, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." My point is that Abnett purposefully made Nightwing look like a schmuck, and proudly admits it. Lobdell and Fabian didn't choose this direction for Dick--it was forced on them and very suddenly. What I am saying is to give them a chance--IF you can see your way clear to do that, and only if you can stand it. We're all going to have to make the individual decisions as to whether we're willing and able to financially support Nightwing when our stomachs are turning. None of it is the character's fault, so I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place here.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Dick Grayson will never flourish until DC accepts that, in order to grow as a story tellling company...they have to let Batman's generation grow old and pass on.
    I disagree, and find that to be a false choice.

I think its more like, DC needs to accept that Batman's age/physical prowess are at their heart, ridiculous. The only thing more ridiculous is holding characters back because of it.

Let him be 40 with the body of a 29 year old, its comics you can make it work (and literally just did in Snyder's run).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    DC will probably think the same.

However, they will never allow Batmam to grow old. That's why they won't allow Dick to flourish.