Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2724

It was never going to last. The problem is now what does DC do with him? Doesn’t look like they’ve got anyone lined up and I’m real tired of the mediocrity on display. DC could desperately use some new blood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Lobdell and Nicieza just did an interview. It's basically two idiots patting each other at the back. Lobdell was also passive agressive because Nightwing fans are vocal about his dark past. We are really at the bottom of the barrel with these writers. They even admit they will focus on Ric more than Dick. Bleh... Disgusting.
    Got a link?

Here it is, https://amp.newsarama.com/42366-new-...direction.html

It's rather intresting actually. Basically confirms that Lobdell is not long term, even pokes fun that fans aren't happy with him on it, and also subtlety points out who's responsible for finding the talent. Doesn't really go into much story wise though. Pretty much just tries to defend the concept.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-17-2018 at 12:46 PM.

The interview didn't make much sense to me. Didn't his parents call him Dick? So how can they say he doesn't have any emotional connection to the name? Or if he only remembers his life up to when he was in the circus why would be run off to Bludhaven? A place that he only has a connection to because of his superhero career. You would think he would want to be as far away from Bludhaven has he can and go back to traveling around the world like he did when he was in the circus. Their logic for these decisions don't fit with what they are saying is happening.

Lobdell getting all defensive because they said Dick is more like Jason now was funny. It is true that he is, but Lobdell reacted like so many Jason fans because they don't want another character stepping into Jason's space, lol.

So with Babs confirmed to be playing a role in Dick’s recovery and Alfred in this week’s issue, how long before Damian goes to Bludhaven to knock some sense into Ric
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The interview didn't make much sense to me. Didn't his parents call him Dick? So how can they say he doesn't have any emotional connection to the name?
    Is he supposed to remember his parents or his upbringing as it was?

Lobdell getting all defensive because they said Dick is more like Jason now was funny. It is true that he is, but Lobdell reacted like so many Jason fans because they don't want another character stepping into Jason's space, lol.
    True, my Dick was never at a bar before. He`s all milk and honey.

I wish creators would just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Is he supposed to remember his parents or his upbringing as it was?
    Yeah, he remembers his time in the circus. That is about where his memory cuts off.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, he remembers his time in the circus. That is about where his memory cuts off.
    Could it be another retcon?

For example: His parents never called him as Dick, while Dick is a nickname after the death of his parents.

BANNED

The interview didn't make much sense to me. Didn't his parents call him Dick? So how can they say he doesn't have any emotional connection to the name? Or if he only remembers his life up to when he was in the circus why would be run off to Bludhaven? A place that he only has a connection to because of his superhero career. You would think he would want to be as far away from Bludhaven has he can and go back to traveling around the world like he did when he was in the circus. Their logic for these decisions don't fit with what they are saying is happening.

To me, the interview feels like things we've all been through many times in our own careers (even though maybe not as professional writers)--namely, an unholy mess I had absolutely no hand in creating falls into my lap like an anvil and everyone expects me to fix all the problems. Everyone is angry about it and I'm the only person who's not allowed to lose their cool because I have to make everyone's problem go away. The boss says, "We're gonna do this," or "We're gonna do that," you KNOW it isn't going to work, but you have to go along with it because you don't tell the boss how it is--the boss tells YOU how it is. Then it fails (people really ARE promoted to the limits of their incompetence)--as you knew all along that it would--and you're stuck in the trench having to make it all whole again. It felt like Lobdell and Fabian were in that boat, trying to make lemonade out of lemons. I felt sorry for 'em. Not as sorry as I feel for Dick and his fans, 'cause at least they're getting a paycheck. I've personally never had a problem with Lobdell; I love and trust Fabian.

BANNED

He also considers himself a teenager who has no idea what he is about and prefers to figure it out himself. I wonder if they`ll pull some psychology for especifics regarding if the emotional cord is cut off because of the missing years in between but since this creative team is only around to get the sandbox going until the next writer chimes in, I don`t believe they will.

I agree with Oasis, they`re making lemonade out of whatever they were handled. It`s not their plot or status-quo

Ric’s moment with Alfred this week hurt me way more than his moment with Babs last issue. Alfred looked so heartbroken
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Fantastic Member

Nicieza: It might be hard to find a bigger fan of Dick Grayson on this planet than me, but the entire concept of this storyline is incredibly interesting, and if done right, it will allow us to explore different facets of Dick Grayson while discovering who Ric Grayson is. Any idea can generate a long-term exploration of a character/concept that can surprise fans and creators alike in its durability.

-I actually agree with this.

Nicieza: That's one of the good things about working with Katie Kubert again. She has this unerring knack for finding some of the best damned artists in the industry. The writers, not so much. But that's why she hired me to fix Scott's work.

-And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    September sales are in. Nightwing #48 and #49 are down to 25K. So The Dark Web story manage to keep stable at 26K for most its run but lost 1K during the Silencer race arc. So The Dark Web itself was working as a leak plug, but the people who are not interested probably jump ship after the arc ends.
    I'm sure it had impact on the numbers that at the time it was public knowledge the run wouldn't be finished and the writer was on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Here it is, https://amp.newsarama.com/42366-new-...direction.html

It's rather intresting actually. Basically confirms that Lobdell is not long term, even pokes fun that fans aren't happy with him on it, and also subtlety points out who's responsible for finding the talent. Doesn't really go into much story wise though. Pretty much just tries to defend the concept.
    The whole thing is pretty pointless; an original character written by Lobdell with no emotional connection to Dick or memory of Dick, doesn't care for what Dick cared or even think like Dick. But hey!, there is muscle memory, so that is all Dick is for these people..

In most continuities including New 52 his mother called him Robim, but they aren't going to tie the mantle to close to Dick or every other Robin would be left out, so it is something Dick used not something he created, especially Lobdell that offered the mantle to Jason like "we have an opening"

C'mon! Lobdell conceptualizes them as different as night and 15 minutes later that same night. It is not like he hasn't took chunks of Dick's character an just overwrite them with Jason on it repeatedly.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So I read the issue and didn’t think it was that bad. Don’t see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Nicieza: It might be hard to find a bigger fan of Dick Grayson on this planet than me, but the entire concept of this storyline is incredibly interesting, and if done right, it will allow us to explore different facets of Dick Grayson while discovering who Ric Grayson is. Any idea can generate a long-term exploration of a character/concept that can surprise fans and creators alike in its durability.

-I actually agree with this.

Nicieza: That's one of the good things about working with Katie Kubert again. She has this unerring knack for finding some of the best damned artists in the industry. The writers, not so much. But that's why she hired me to fix Scott's work.

-And this.
    “If done right” is the key there though. The issue here is nothing about this seems like it’s being done right.