Page 94 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2724
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eyes don't seem to be fully green, so not the Tamaranean Princess.

Hasn't exactly ruled out Babs though. Or Shawn (if that has any bearing in this continuity).

In 2017, there was an Elseworld six-issue mini-series released, Nightwing: New Order

Dick and Kory has a son named Jake, and he looks nothing like Kory.
    He looks like a kid version of Dick Grayson, but he has human looking green eyes.
    In the mini-series, Kory has human looking green eyes with light green around them like the Starfire in 2000s cartoon series.
    She has totally human looking green eyes in Starfire comics and in DC Superhero Girls cartoon show.

It's not like Dick and Kory's kids have to have eyes that look exactly like Kory's.
    They can have Dick's color eyes. They can have eyes color from Dick's ancestors. They could have inherited green from Kory without the alien features.

I'd understand that some would think that because of Dick and Kory's daughter Mar'i aka Nightfire from an alternate universe has eyes just like Kory's.

In the mini-series, Dick's son Jake was revealed to have powers at the end of the first issue.
    In the second issue, Kory was revealed to be Jake's mother.

I am surprised that the mini-series artists made Kory's skin color golden like how she was originally instead of orange which is the skin color that's she mostly depicted as having.

I like her with the golden skin much better
    I like the Wolfman run Titans comics better than any Titans stuff including especially the cartoon show which I never liked
    I like the Teen Titans New52 DC animated movies.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-19-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eyes don't seem to be fully green, so not the Tamaranean Princess.

Hasn't exactly ruled out Babs though. Or Shawn (if that has any bearing in this continuity).

I don't reckon Bats could be the mother. They were just puppy love in this universe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I don't reckon Bats could be the mother. They were just puppy love in this universe.
    until he proposed

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, if I'm not mistaken, Grayson 1 (69k) sold similar to Nightwing Rebirth (72k). So, I think other factors apart from the popularity of the previous Dick Grayson comic influenced more on the sales.
    As was said, it's always hard to gauge stuff like this. At least from where we fans are sitting (Im sure DC has better data). Rebirth was a big, huge company-wide relaunch and that sorta thing always impacts the sales figures. It was also Dick's return to Nightwing after his stint as Secret Agent Grayson (I think? Why does 2016 feel so long ago right now?) and a hero's return always generates interest.

But there's stuff to learn there, still. As a title, "Grayson" has no brand recognition or value. The gray costume he wore has no brand recognition or value. The book also launched on its own, and not as part of a big, line-wide initiative like Rebirth or the New52 (was it part of the DCYOU launch? I dont think it was?). For most characters, a book divorced from the heroic identity like this would've been dead on arrival. The fact that Grayson still pulled sales as strongly as it did tells us a lot about Nightwing's fanbase and how loyal they are.

Bottom line; Nightwing has a damn strong, loyal fanbase that ensures the book remains profitable no matter what. DC can throw any crap writer they like at the title and still expect a reasonable return. It's basically free money. And that, I think, must be the reason (aside from Didio's wrong-headed bias) why Dick doesn't get proper treatment from management. They can put Dick's share of the time and effort and money into IP's that can't survive without the extra work. However, it also seems clear to me that this is an IP ripe for expansion, and if DC invested a little in the character, they'd reap some damn juicy rewards for their effort.

Of course, just like Didio (and all the rest of us) I have a bias of my own and that influences my perception. But I'd love to see some hard data and find out exactly why it is DC is allowing one of its oldest, most iconic characters to get sh*t on constantly instead of lifting the property up and maximizing it's profit potential.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ok. Thankyou. Added. Why skip BRE?

Origin - Nightwing Zero Year, ASBAR, Dark Victory, Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet, Robin Year One
    Robinhood 1 - Batman The Golden Age Volume One to Four
    Alliance Origin 1 - Teen Titans Year One, Teen Titans The Silver Age Volume One
    Robinhood 2 - Scarecrow: Year One, Batgirl Year One
    Alliance Origin 2 - New Teen Titans
    Transition 1 - Nightwing Year One, The Judas Contract
    Marriage 1 - Convergence New Teen Titans
    Transition 2 - Prodigal
    Transition 3 - Bludhaven
    Transition 4 - Batman and Robin
    Revelation 1 - Night of The Owls
    Death - Forever Evil
    Transition 5 - Grayson
    Revelation 2 - Titans Rebirth
    Transition 6 - Robin War
    Transition 7 - Back in Bludhaven
    Transition 8 - Ric Grayson
    Marriage 2 - Convergence Nightwing and Oracle
    Because BRE totally sucks and totally shortchanges Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Isn't this universe based on the New 52 universe? Dick is wearing his New 52 Robin costume in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Isn't this universe based on the New 52 universe? Dick is wearing his New 52 Robin costume in the preview.
    Of course he is. It's beautiful
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't know. Damian is the new Demon's Head, but has a good relationship with Terry and Bruce (well, amicable at least), Babs is the police commissioner, and the original Joker "Jason Todd-ed" the one Jokerz guy.

But nothing much has been said of other heroes since Rebirth began for Batman Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As was said, it's always hard to gauge stuff like this. At least from where we fans are sitting (Im sure DC has better data). Rebirth was a big, huge company-wide relaunch and that sorta thing always impacts the sales figures. It was also Dick's return to Nightwing after his stint as Secret Agent Grayson (I think? Why does 2016 feel so long ago right now?) and a hero's return always generates interest.

But there's stuff to learn there, still. As a title, "Grayson" has no brand recognition or value. The gray costume he wore has no brand recognition or value. The book also launched on its own, and not as part of a big, line-wide initiative like Rebirth or the New52 (was it part of the DCYOU launch? I dont think it was?). For most characters, a book divorced from the heroic identity like this would've been dead on arrival. The fact that Grayson still pulled sales as strongly as it did tells us a lot about Nightwing's fanbase and how loyal they are.

Bottom line; Nightwing has a damn strong, loyal fanbase that ensures the book remains profitable no matter what. DC can throw any crap writer they like at the title and still expect a reasonable return. It's basically free money. And that, I think, must be the reason (aside from Didio's wrong-headed bias) why Dick doesn't get proper treatment from management. They can put Dick's share of the time and effort and money into IP's that can't survive without the extra work. However, it also seems clear to me that this is an IP ripe for expansion, and if DC invested a little in the character, they'd reap some damn juicy rewards for their effort.

Of course, just like Didio (and all the rest of us) I have a bias of my own and that influences my perception. But I'd love to see some hard data and find out exactly why it is DC is allowing one of its oldest, most iconic characters to get sh*t on constantly instead of lifting the property up and maximizing it's profit potential.
    The thing is they don't always put the extra effort in a comic with problems to survive. For example: They put Tom King and Mikael Janin in Batman.

The problem is that DC doesn't seem to know how expand the fanbase of Dick. Or it's possible DC think they can't expand Nightwing fanbase. Both options are pretty bad for Nightwing.

Since a business perspective, they don't need to put quality in a comic with a loyal fanbase, since this fanbase will remain regardless the quality (although the sales of Nightwing have been falling).

They need to put quality in a comic that its fanbase can increase a lot. For example: Harley Quinn.

The problem is that DC doesn't seem to know how expand the fanbase of Dick. Or it's possible DC think they can't expand Nightwing fanbase. Both options are pretty bad for Nightwing.
    Both options are indeed bad for Nightwing. The silver lining here is that these are not objective facts, but subjective opinions. Once the people with these opinions leave, or have their minds changed, the roadblocks will evaporate. And Dick's been around for almost eighty years. He's a DC staple whether Didio likes him or not. He'll survive the wait.

Since a business perspective, they don't need to put quality in a comic with a loyal fanbase, since this fanbase will remain regardless the quality (although the sales of Nightwing have been falling).
    Exactly. I think that's one of our biggest problems, actually. There's not a ton of incentive for DC to work harder. I mean, if you can totally half-ass your job and still pay your bills you're not very motivated to work harder.

I figure there's two ways Dick might find success under the current management. Either a larger media adaptation takes off and becomes super popular, and the comics push Dick in an effort to ride the synergy wave.....or a writer slips in with a pitch DC never even looked at, and it turns out to be some incredible, game changing run that makes DC so much revenue they can't back peddle out of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Both options are indeed bad for Nightwing. The silver lining here is that these are not objective facts, but subjective opinions. Once the people with these opinions leave, or have their minds changed, the roadblocks will evaporate. And Dick's been around for almost eighty years. He's a DC staple whether Didio likes him or not. He'll survive the wait.

Exactly. I think that's one of our biggest problems, actually. There's not a ton of incentive for DC to work harder. I mean, if you can totally half-ass your job and still pay your bills you're not very motivated to work harder.

I figure there's two ways Dick might find success under the current management. Either a larger media adaptation takes off and becomes super popular, and the comics push Dick in an effort to ride the synergy wave.....or a writer slips in with a pitch DC never even looked at, and it turns out to be some incredible, game changing run that makes DC so much revenue they can't back peddle out of it.
    We keep going over these points and that's the most frustrating thing. Everyone is so damn loyal and DC keeps spinning the wheels while we just have to wait for something better to come along when the higher ups finally go somewhere else.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    We keep going over these points and that's the most frustrating thing. Everyone is so damn loyal and DC keeps spinning the wheels while we just have to wait for something better to come along when the higher ups finally go somewhere else.
    Wait the higher ups go somewhere else isn't the answer. The ideology and data they have agaisnt developing Dick is something that their replacements will probably share too.

The problems of Dick started before Didio appear.

His problems started when New Teen Titans declined. The character was forced to return with Batman, but he couldn't be a sideckick again. Dick has a stable place there, but he can not get out of Batman shadow (DC and many fans doesn't think he should).

I agree.

Dick need something really big that changes his situation.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-19-2018 at 07:27 PM.

BANNED

Wait the higher ups go somewhere else isn't the answer. The ideology and data they've agaisnt developing Dick is something that their replacements will probably share too.

The problems of Dick started before Didio appear.

His problems started when New Teen Titans declined. The character was forced to return with Batman, but he couldn't be a sideckick again. Dick has a stable place there, but he can not get out of Batman shadow (DC and many fans doesn't think he should).

I agree.

Dick need something really big that changes his situation.
    Dick is limited only by his scribes' imaginations. If you got a young and hungry writer, a decent artist, and said, "Go crazy. Take this character on the coolest adventures you can possibly think of," it would totally rock. I'd build a wild team around him, add Frankenstein, Element Woman, Platinum from Metal Men, one of the other Marvels, POWER GIRL, a reformed Gorilla Grodd, maybe even Merry Man from the Inferior Five, maybe some Gen-13 kids, especially Fairchild. Base him in London or Tokyo, maybe he buys an old house from The Spectre with a time machine and a race car in it, there is nothing he CAN'T do.

If no one trained by Batman is ever going to be allowed to stand on their own, then it means Batman is a loser who is terrible at training people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dick is limited only by his scribes' imaginations. If you got a young and hungry writer, a decent artist, and said, "Go crazy. Take this character on the coolest adventures you can possibly think of," it would totally rock. I'd build a wild team around him, add Frankenstein, Element Woman, Platinum from Metal Men, one of the other Marvels, POWER GIRL, a reformed Gorilla Grodd, maybe even Merry Man from the Inferior Five, maybe some Gen-13 kids, especially Fairchild. Base him in London or Tokyo, maybe he buys an old house from The Spectre with a time machine and a race car in it, there is nothing he CAN'T do.
    That seems like a funny story.

However, nothing guarantees that this will increase the fanbase of Nightwing (if this does not happen, DC will continue to treat Dick badly)