Page 90 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2724

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    True. Yale and Ostrander have a plan for Barbara/Oracle. Aftet DC forgot Barbara and doesn't plan to use her.

At least, DC doesn't forgot Dick. Unless you think it's better nobody writes Dick until someone has a really good plan for him
    I'd prefer this at this point.

Fantastic Member

I didn't know the amnesia was editorial idea. I though it was King idea.

The shot to Dick was King idea, but he doesn't plan how develop Dick story.
    Yep. I think King let Percy handle the consequences and Percy's original plan was giving Dick some vertigo issues so he could only rely on his detective skill. Suddenly the amnesia storyline was announced out of nowhere, a few days later Percy quit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Yep. I think King let Percy handle the consequences and Percy's original plan was giving Dick some vertigo issues so he could only rely on his detective skill. Suddenly the amnesia storyline was announced out of nowhere, a few days later Percy quit.
    Thank you very much for the clarification.

Fantastic Member

Thank you very much for the clarification.
    You are welcome.

True. Yale and Ostrander have a plan for Barbara/Oracle. Aftet DC forgot Barbara and doesn't plan to use her.

At least, DC doesn't forgot Dick. Unless you think it's better nobody writes Dick until someone has a really good plan for him
    Ill take any plan at this point. DC might not have forgottten about Dick, but they also don’t much care. Which isn’t really that better a position. At this point it doesn’t seem like they can find anyone who even wants to write Dick, or just can’t be bothered to find anyone. Leaving us with fill in writers who openly mock how unhappy fans are with them while they continue to milk loyal readers. Which is a crap situation in its own right.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'd prefer this at this point.
    The fact that EVERYTIME going back to Infinite Crisis that there is a DC Event Dick is nothing but a nostalgic emotional connection for a man who most writers/fans feel should have limited emotions is enough to back this statement. The Dick Grayson who was a good understudy/help to the World’s Finest is stuck in hyper-time imo. He is used sparingly for events and at this point can be switched out for Damian like in No Justice because all he had left in DC Universe events is for him to make Bruce show some emotions.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ill take any plan at this point. DC might not have forgottten about Dick, but they also don’t much care. Which isn’t really that better a position. At this point it doesn’t seem like they can even find anyone who even wants to write Dick, or can’t be bothered to find anyone. Leaving us with fill in writers who openly mock how unhappy fans are with them while they continue to milk loyal readers. Which is a crap situation in its own right.
    Seeley had a plan. Humphries had a plan. Percy had a plan. All their plans were dismissed/interrupted. I sincerely suggest DC ask the one who came up with the amnesia idea and forced it on the book to write Nightwing. Then at least no more writer has to suffer from this.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 10-18-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    The fact that EVERYTIME going back to Infinite Crisis that there is a DC Event Dick is nothing but a nostalgic emotional connection for a man who most writers/fans feel should have limited emotions is enough to back this statement. The Dick Grayson who was a good understudy/help to the World’s Finest is stuck in hyper-time imo. He is used sparingly for events and at this point can be switched out for Damian like in No Justice because all he had left in DC Universe events is for him to make Bruce show some emotions.
    Lol so true. I love the emotional bond between Dick and Bruce, but come on! This is 2018 and Dick Grayson is still playing the damsel in distress, ugh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    The thing is that you will need more than a really good plan to overcome this situation. Even more, if you don't want they write stories of Dick until DC overcome this, you will need to hope a lot of time.

Also, it's problematic if Dick enter on the limbo until someone has a plan, because DC (and writers) don't seem to know what to do with the character.

I just want the Nightwing's comic focus on Dick Grayson without interruptions from Batman's comic. This is a pattern I notice since New 52 (when I start to read Nightwing).
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-18-2018 at 10:15 AM.

spoilers:
    Well looks like Lady Vic got wasted in Teen Titans, guess she won't be around for awhile. They could've at least killed her in Dick's book dammit.
    end of spoilers
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I'd make whoever created the mess be the one who has to clean it up. Works pretty good on children.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    During few moments I thought that this happened(is fanmade) and this put me sad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd make whoever created the mess be the one who has to clean it up. Works pretty good on children.
    The mess is highly likely coming from the higher-up. That's why they stick to the amnesia storyline no matter who the writer is.
    I just hope Fabian Nicieza and Travis Moore would stay on Nightwing after this arc.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 10-18-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Mighty Member

They just killed a Nightwing villain outside his book... The disrespect is real. DC is out to ruin Nightwing again. They might as well be honest about it because it is crystal clear.

Well Lady Vic hasn't been a Nightwing villain since when? Mid 00s? Her and Dick haven't even encountered each other since the reboot.