Page 50 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Yeah, that interview was frustrating. It was all bullshit in the end. There is no plan. If there was one then they wouldn't have had to dump Lobdell on the Nightwing book after Percy walked after hyping up his Dark Web story and how it would delve into Dick's influence in the DUC. It's been a while now since Lobdell was revealed to be taking over Nightwing and there hasn't been one interview or anything talking about his upcoming run trying to smooth things over. It is a mess.

Dick's only involvement is to service Batman's story and Dick's story will get thrown to the side like always. If anyone thinks any different, like DC is setting up some new great direction for him, I think you are setting yourself up for more disappointment. Maybe we will hit the lottery again and somehow we get another series as good as Grayson out of this, but there is no indication that will happen. Handicaping the current writer enough where he would rather walk away than write what DC wants him to should be very telling. Percy wanted to expand Dick's influence in the DUC with his upcoming story and the fact that it was enough to make him quit might show that DC wants to take the character in another direction.

Mighty Member

One more week until Rick "F*ck Batman!" Grayson. One more week until DiDio's plans. Someone shoot me in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So I read some of the comments Didio has made about Nightwing and the whole Heroes in Crisis thing.

I know this is wishful thinking that flies in the face of all previous experiences, but is it even slightly possible that DC has settled on a actual direction and purpose for Nightwing, and they're setting the table for it now?

I said not too long ago that almost any direction would be better than not having a direction at all......is that about to be put to the test?
    That would be much easier to believe if they had a committed writer at the helm of the book. As it is, I don't think anything that gets Didio excited is good for Nightwing, much less when the writter that was invested in the character was replaced for a commpany man (I wouldn't be surprised if Nightwing was the one going crazy and becoming a homicidal if it wasn't for the amnesia plot. Knock on wood)
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-25-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Mighty Member

If it was Rick Grayson who killed those people in Heroes in Crisis, I'm gonna burn every DC comic I bought this year. Jesus, THOSE PEOPLE!!! There is no going back!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    If it was Rick Grayson who killed those people in Heroes in Crisis, I'm gonna burn every DC comic I bought this year. Jesus, THOSE PEOPLE!!! There is no going back!
    Nothing indicates a future that bleak yet. I hate Didio more than most, but that's a real far-out pitch as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    That would be much easier to believe if they had a committed writer at the helm of the book. As it is, I don't think anything that gets Didio excited is good for Nightwing, much less when the writter that was invested in the character was replaced for a commpany man (I wouldn't be surprised if Nightwing was the one going crazy and becoming a homicidal if it wasn't for the amnesia plot. Knock on wood)
    Jesus I at this point I want to see if I could walk up to DC and see if I could take over Nightwing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

[SPOILER] [/SPOILER]

If he doesnt remember he cant be sad right

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    [SPOILER] [/SPOILER]

If he doesnt remember he cant be sad right
    Too late

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

That could be why they shot him in the head. As a way to justify Dick not being involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That could be why they shot him in the head. As a way to justify Dick not being involved.
    Yeah I said a while back that the amnesia plotline is just an excuse to avoid dealing with the fallout of HiC.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

One thing that the interview revealed was Didio's attitude of wanting to involve as many books or characters as possible when an event happens, so whoever initiated the Dickshotting plan and whether there was a plan to involve his book or not, Didio would want Dickbook involved anyway. So that's why he's okay with Dicknesia even though it was him who invited Percy to do the Dick Dark Web.

Extraordinary Member

aka forever evil all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    One thing that the interview revealed was Didio's attitude of wanting to involve as many books or characters as possible when an event happens, so whoever initiated the Dickshotting plan and whether there was a plan to involve his book or not, Didio would want Dickbook involved anyway. So that's why he's okay with Dicknesia even though it was him who invited Percy to do the Dick Dark Web.
    Dark web is still running: it's in Batgirl #27, and she texted Dick asking for help. Probably they were meant to work kinda together in this case, and that's why Percy said that Babs was going to play a big role in his Nightwing route. We'll never know

I wouldn't mind moving the Dark Web over to Babs. It's in her wheelhouse, she was already helping and playing a part, and the concept itself is creepy. Dont let it go to waste.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't mind moving the Dark Web over to Babs. It's in her wheelhouse, she was already helping and playing a part, and the concept itself is creepy. Dont let it go to waste.
    and her reaction to dick being shot/amnesia?