Page 28 of 182 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I know thats a problem. Thats why I brought it up.
    And I was merely reiterating your point. At the end of the day it really is a part of the problem here. Outside of rare instances of the lightning I a bottle variety Nightwing almost always gets stuck with mediocre writers because fans will buy it regardless of quality. It's something that needs to stop IMHO.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    but it was suppose to be perfect, a good running story, and excellent debut in Titans, sales increase, Young jsutice hits and smashes Nightwing brand takes off DC takes notice
    Thats what needs to happen he is so close to breaking the glass sealing and joining the Trinity and harley and if it doesnt happen now it wont ever
    I get what you mean but even if the comic drops down or sucks for a while DC will probably just kick whoever is on at the time and try to replicate the other media. Which could be better but we just have to wait and see if that even happens.

It will happen, Dick has been around and done so much in comics with constant popularity. I don't see it fading away no matter the quality of story because there is always hope that the next thing will be better because it will be. He's Dick Grayson, he's just that damn awesome.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    And I was merely reiterating your point. At the end of the day it really is a part of the problem here. Outside of rare instances of the lightning I a bottle variety Nightwing almost always gets stuck with mediocre writers because fans will buy it regardless of quality. It's something that needs to stop IMHO.
    Honestly his run right now is pretty meh but everything since Grayson in my opinion has ranged from great to good. Treating Dick like an old man technophobe is dumb and will be forgotten in a few issues but it isn't the end of the world. The real worry is this Lobdell change, I don't know what they are doing with this idea and how serious they are about it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    then why you kept referring Lobdell in a Nightwing's thread?We know the value of a consistent creative team,please. We also know what is good quality of story. Lobdell is not the best example in terms of that aspect. What makes you think you can teach us a lesson?
    Because I was replying to a question about whether Lobdell can keep up for multiple issues? It's you who decided to take my comment with hostility when I didn't have a single suggestion to what you guys should do much less teach you a thing. And it's fine when you discuss directions and consistent creative teams but when I say it suddenly it's offensive?
    Last edited by G-Potion; 09-12-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Funny thing is that this is just such a bad business decision, the only people interested are Jason's fans, nice way to lose the target audiences.
    This Jason and RHATO fan isn't interested because Nightwing no longer is interesting to me and he won't be of interest to me again no matter who they put on the book so long as they keep making the books he's in directionless messes. I'll start reading books with Nightwing again when they actually get and then keep a writer that has a real plan and direction for the character that challenges the character and leads to more character growth. I'm tired of Dick Grayson forever spinning his wheels in stories that do absolutely nothing for the character.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Extraordinary Member

I get what you mean but even if the comic drops down or sucks for a while DC will probably just kick whoever is on at the time and try to replicate the other media. Which could be better but we just have to wait and see if that even happens.

It will happen, Dick has been around and done so much in comics with constant popularity. I don't see it fading away no matter the quality of story because there is always hope that the next thing will be better because it will be. He's Dick Grayson, he's just that damn awesome.
    I like to hope for that but look at abnette
    hell Lobodell was allowed to run tim drake into the ground

someone push the red button this is a crisis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    This Jason and RHATO fan isn't interested because Nightwing no longer is interesting to me and he won't be of interest to me again no matter who they put on the book so long as they keep making the books he's in directionless messes. I'll start reading books with Nightwing again when they actually get and then keep a writer that has a real plan and direction for the character that challenges the character and leads to more character growth. I'm tired of Dick Grayson forever spinning his wheels in stories that do absolutely nothing for the character.
    do you like long arc, I dont mind short addventures, i somewhat prefer it

The only reason Dick feels directionless is because he finally made it to being Batman and we never really got proper closure and resolution for it. It felt earned, he was leading the League along with fellow Titans. His generation was finally moving forward and then it was cut short. Then the reboot happened and Dick was handicapped and became a lesser version of Nightwing with a more Batman like costume running around Gotham. Stuck with editorial mandates and muddled history Dick wandered around for a few years before Grayson and then Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I like to hope for that but look at abnette
    hell Lobodell was allowed to run tim drake into the ground

someone push the red button this is a crisis
    You gotta hope my man. Otherwise everything sucks and what's the point?

What I do when things suck is go and collect single issues of my favorite runs. Just go to your local comic shop and dig through bins. I've been collecting Tim's solo series and Dixon Nightwing along with random issues that catch my eye. It's important to still have that wonder that comics with looking for stories to read.

Everything does suck, and there is no point. 50 damn issues and this is our reward

Honestly his run right now is pretty meh but everything since Grayson in my opinion has ranged from great to good. Treating Dick like an old man technophobe is dumb and will be forgotten in a few issues but it isn't the end of the world. The real worry is this Lobdell change, I don't know what they are doing with this idea and how serious they are about it.
    Personally, for me Grayson was the last time I found him interesting. I really wish they had let Seeley and King continue with it instead of what they did. I think it could have been an interesting route to go with him if they had made him the head of the spy corner of the DCU and really built it up using his popularity as a springboard. I think it would have given him a niche that would have really set him apart from both Batman and the Other Robin's as well. I think DC missed an opportunity there.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay! Everyone take a break. Titans official photos!
    titans-5-1133383.jpg

preview-TIT101l018520V1.jpg
    DC Universe's Titans
    Brenton Thwaites as Robin

DC Universe's Titans
    Lindsey Gort as Amy Rohrbach
    preview-TIT102a0168V1.jpg

These are apparently from episode 2.