Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2724
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This direction is looking more and more like Jones Nightwing arc, LoL.
    Well we do have a female Nightwing back - according to the cover. (Maybe she's Bab's love rival). Hopefully, no one will turn into some tentacled monster this time, though. Or is that Jason I see... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Dick has a cute daughter in Batman Beyond, wonder who the mother is. It cant be Babs or Kory from what I can ser.
    Apparently she's dead or just living away from them.

I reckon Zatanna or Helena are most likely if it is a superheroine.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm not assuming that it's built around Dick, the MCU wasn't built around Spider-Man but he has 3 pretty big appearances with only one actual solo movie and a sequel on the way.

I'm not saying that these are things that are going to happen but would like to have happen, I also think it would be smart business to build up a long term brand. Nolan and Synder were also going for very stylized versions of Batman, one hyper realistic and one based off of TDKR. Not really room for a Robin especially when those creators don't like the character anyway.
    To be fair to those directors Robin doesn't have the best track record with cinema goers and I can see why they would want to just focus on Batman. He is the gig they are here for. Dick should start as Nightwing. DC needs to start pushing Dick as his grown up personas at this point. Give us Nightwing or Agent 37.

It's difficult to plan out. It makes sense to show his start from Robin but with limited space, resources, Time and a large no of other projects /characters to be developed. DC can't invested in organically growing the character with the current audience. If they had on the Batverse to focus on then it might be possible. Besides Batman and Robin is still fresh in the minds of audiences. They know he's Robin we don't to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    To be fair to those directors Robin doesn't have the best track record with cinema goers and I can see why they would want to just focus on Batman. He is the gig they are here for. Dick should start as Nightwing. DC needs to start pushing Dick as his grown up personas at this point. Give us Nightwing or Agent 37.

It's difficult to plan out. It makes sense to show his start from Robin but with limited space, resources, Time and a large no of other projects /characters to be developed. DC can't invested in organically growing the character with the current audience. If they had on the Batverse to focus on then it might be possible. Besides Batman and Robin is still fresh in the minds of audiences. They know he's Robin we don't to revisit it.
    Honestly Agent 37 works more as a TV show than a movie. You would have to find a way to make it superheroy but not Mission Impossible like but not dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Honestly Agent 37 works more as a TV show than a movie. You would have to find a way to make it superheroy but not Mission Impossible like but not dark.
    so mission impossible in the dcu can't work ads a movie but Batman but not Batman in Gotham but not Gotham work's? Also do people really believe they will invest in legacy characters in these movies, don't see a teen titans or titans in the dceu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    This really works as either. I'd prefer a *high quality* Grayson TV show, but a movie would also be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

The problem is that I really doubt they plan to use Dick Grayson, unless they get another big hit with Batman first. They surely continue to see the character as dependent on Batman.

I mean MCU proved that you can have commercial success with little-known characters, but even they used independent characters.

I think Robin can be a good introduction for Dick, but I would expect a young actor if Batman is younger.

DC really missed the mark with Grayson. It was Kingsmen before Kingsmen. Only better because it was Kingsmen crossed with Archer.
    DC At this point should go against the grain and try doing more out of the box and niche ideas. Forget the Trinity and Harley give us what the viewing public aren't expecting /what the completion hasn't already beat you to.

They could have had Grayson, RedHood before Deadpool, Cass Cain or Damian Wayne assassin kid who will kill you dead before X23, Nightwing while Spiderman was struggling. The list goes on but they are still trying to give us their successful bog-standard SH.

Nightwing still has a chance. A lesser known brand can work just so long as you have a good fun idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The problem is that I really doubt they plan to use Dick Grayson, unless they get another big hit with Batman first. They surely continue to see the character as dependent on Batman.

I mean MCU proved that you can have commercial success with little-known characters, but even they used independent characters.

I think Robin can be a good introduction for Dick, but I would expect a young actor if Batman is younger.
    I doubt we will see Dick Grayson as Robin. If they use robin [and it's a big if] it's going to be a version that can gels with today. That Damian. there's a reason why Titans Robin is more Damian and less puns. When you've seen Logan, Kick Ass and Stranger Things you have to step the game up. Robin would have to be something as far away from the guy with the nipple suit in B&R and the extra bland guy from the Nolan films.

The last time we nearly got Carrie. That's how far you have to move. They can use Dick but he will need to be OC.

Honestly I don't see Robin coming to the DCU. There are far too many and they don't add that much unless you're doing a tale that is as much a Robin story as a Batman one.

I don't see sidekicks in the dceu outside of maybe a damian robin.

My thing is they clearly don't know what to do with nightwing so what did we loss Grayson for! If they what'd him back as nightwing than great but why not keep the things about Grayson that worked? Why send him back to nightwing with nothing. Now all dick has is his nightwing costume and a poor man's Gotham and cut off from the dcu.

All the while vat corner is overcrowded. If this keeps up I can see dc cancelling nightwing for a new Batwoman solo or tim as robin solo or damian solo or hell a duke Thomas solo.

Dick needs to out of the bat corner and start having an impact in the greater dcu or this will be the best he gets.

Strangers no one gives a crap about has his Nightwing costumes now, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post

My thing is they clearly don't know what to do with nightwing so what did we loss Grayson for! If they what'd him back as nightwing than great but why not keep the things about Grayson that worked? Why send him back to nightwing with nothing. Now all dick has is his nightwing costume and a poor man's Gotham and cut off from the dcu.

All the while vat corner is overcrowded. If this keeps up I can see dc cancelling nightwing for a new Batwoman solo or tim as robin solo or damian solo or hell a duke Thomas solo.

Dick needs to out of the bat corner and start having an impact in the greater dcu or this will be the best he gets.
    To be fair, I think Grayson works, because it has a really good creative team. I don't know if other writers could handle his adventures as Agent 37.

In the same way, Nightwing also can work with a good creative team.

Unfortunately, although Grayson was a pretty good comic, it doesn't really increase the popularity of Dick (the sales of Grayson are almost equal to the sales of the previous Nightwing). So, DC hadn't problem sending his writer and artist to Batman.

To be fair, DC sent half the team to Batman. They kept Seeley on with the idea to try a juggle Grayson and more traditional Nightwing that kept with DCs new initiative. Even the first story was introduced from Grayson. But partnering up was not usual for Seeley or King. They were committed to Grayson together, but that was not really the ideal situation for either. It was great for us though.
    Still DC as a whole was struggling, and so Grayson feel victim to a line wide change. It wasn’t just specific to Grayson. Books like Grayson and Batgirls Burnside actually inspired them to try DC You.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-25-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post

Nah DC is a Business at the end of the day and outside of Batman and now Harley Dick Grayson has always been the most profitable IP in the Batverse and one of the most profitable in DC in general. Nightwing might be in a strange place at the moment and that title might get crapped on and multiple obstacles tossed in it's path but it sells a damn sight more than Batwoman and Duke. Tim had his moment when the market didn't have options. Even if he went back to Robin he still won't come close to Nightwing and even Damian with his popularity is still 2nd to Dick when it comes to moving comics.

Agree that Dick needs to be moved away from the Bat's shadow and the sidekick bracket if he's to flourish. The thing that makes Dick so iconic sadly is what hampers him. The worlds most famous sidekick can't escape that past, even decades after he quit being a sidekick.

At some point creatives have to start thinking of Dick as independent hero Nightwing 1st, Grayson 2nd and Batman's son/sidekick/Robin last.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, I think Grayson works, because it has a really good creative team. I don't know if other writers could handle his adventures as Agent 37.

In the same way, Nightwing also can work with a good creative team.

Unfortunately, although Grayson was a pretty good comic, it doesn't really increase the popularity of Dick (the sales of Grayson are almost equal to the sales of the previous Nightwing). So, DC hadn't problem sending his writer and artist to Batman.
    Grayson on it own was a solid and interesting concept just as Nightwing and Batman are solid interesting concepts. it was a solid direction and still is, it was hampered by fans who stick t glue to what they're used to. The stories at the end of the day were just as good as the best Nightwing tales. Finger stripes, spandex, notmahloveinterest really shouldn't ever be factors that determining how creative or god a concept/series is but fans are fans and idiots are fans.

Grayson might not have sold that much more than Nightwing but it was still successful and it did increase the popularity of Nightwing when you consider that a lot of fans boycotted that series and some of us only discovered Dick at that point. I read Grayson before the I started Nitghtwing because I was coming off DickBat. It might not have increased it a great deal but it's still something.

To be honest it's going to take something huge outside of the comics to see a significant increase in Dick's sales or a special stint like Dickbats huge writer+being the serving Batman]
    Comics don't work that way that a new direction will suddenly gain increased readership. That's why sales are so easy to track. We already have an idea how much each characters selling range is once sales stabilise.

I just wish DC had stuck with Grayson. I really don't see what's so great in particular about the Nightwing persona. Dick is awesome whatever you stick him in.