Page 122 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2724

A company-wide reboot? Oof. I hope they do it right this time if they really want to do it, and just start all over. And I mean from the beginning. Dick as the teen Robin, give us good Dynamic Duo stories again, give us Dick in high school, give us Dick palling around with Superman and the JL (Superfriends-style). They can slowly set up the universe and then go into the Teen Titans after two or so years. If DC’s going to keep licking the feet of the Silver Age up, they should do it right instead of giving us the bullshit we got with the New 52. They want a young Batman? Then let him be actually young and new, with none of the baggage. That’s the only way a reboot would work imo.

Astonishing Member

A total reboot won't happen for Batman, since the other Robins are popular enough. So, DC wouldn't want to lost the profit that these characters generate.

That said, I would like to see more stories set in the past of Dick as Robin (with pants).

Zero chance Doomsday Clock leads to another line wide reboot. I think they have mostly moved on from Doomsday Clock's original intention and are just letting Johns do what he wants as slowly as he wants. Maybe it will change a few things, but I doubt that it will cause these massive changes, especially to a character like Dick who is irrelevant in a story like Doomsday Clock. I mean we are still mostly in the New 52 continuity still despite Rebirth altering a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    A total reboot won't happen for Batman, since the other Robins are popular enough. So, DC wouldn't want to lost the profit that these characters generate.

That said, I would like to see more stories set in the past of Dick as Robin (with pants).
    I can attest that the trunks are not as chilly as they seem.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    They can’t do it now. As much as people complained about Dick’s portrayal before the live Titans series came out I think ultimately it will be his saving grace. The show is doing well and is good in my opinion. I’m not saying he will be like Batman or Superman but his more relevant now then he has been in a few years outside of comic books themselves.
    I'm pleasantly surprised at how well-done the Titans show is. I don't know how it's doing from a financial standpoint, but I'm liking it a lot more than I anticipated. Hope it's helpful to Dick--maybe the timing will be good. The climactic scene in the 4th episode was excellent, and made Dick look good.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I can attest that the trunks are not as chilly as they seem.
    Cosplay? Have you gone out at night with it? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Cosplay? Have you gone out at night with it? ^^
    I went around a few frat parties on campus for Halloween when it was like 45 degrees out. But I'd hope it doesn't count as cosplay for Halloween
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

BANNED

I went around a few frat parties on campus for Halloween when it was like 45 degrees out. But I'd hope it doesn't count as cosplay for Halloween
    Don't see any reason why a cosplay can't be a Halloween costume and you're rocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Don't see any reason why a cosplay can't be a Halloween costume and you're rocking it.
    Ha thanks!

BANNED

It'd be kinda cool to have a "Batman and Family" book, for those of us who like a little lighter fare and have enough dysfunction in our own lives that we don't particularly enjoy being dipped in it in a comic book.

Jason Todd's generation lol
    Jason never had a generation, and I hate it when they try and give him characters who pretty much never interacted with him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Jason never had a generation, and I hate it when they try and give him characters who pretty much never interacted with him.ke
    yup he was 4 years younger then dick at least when he dies more lkely 13-14 and hes another 3-5 years older then tim
    he doesnt know anyone or belong with any group he never made frieds and when he came back spent 2-3 year on a razy rampage, him and asenal never made sense

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    yup he was 4 years younger then dick at least when he dies more lkely 13-14 and hes another 3-5 years older then tim
    he doesnt know anyone or belong with any group he never made frieds and when he came back spent 2-3 year on a razy rampage, him and asenal never made sense
    He was actually more like 7 years younger than Dick and 1-2 year older than Tim and roughly the same age as Cassandra Cain. He would have been likely part of Tim's generation without DitF.

When it comes to friends he had Kid Devil and possibly Danny Chase.

When it comes to a reboot, I doubt that they will go back to Dick as Robin the main continuity, since having a Robin and a Nightwing is probably more lucrative than just having a Robin.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-06-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Jason never had a generation, and I hate it when they try and give him characters who pretty much never interacted with him.
    It's doesn't always pan out when they try to force and I honestly don't know why writers do that. To be honest Jason does't need a generation. He can just build organic relationships with random characters like we got in Rebirth Outlaws
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-06-2018 at 04:48 AM.

BANNED

It looks like DC is currently moving toward Tim as the starred Robin with the other shuffled out (gee, thanks, Bendis!). To appease a big-shot writer and keep him working, I think DC would cater to any whim he had. If Bendis wanted Dick, Jason, and Damian written out of the DC Universe (killed off or retconned that they "never existed"), the company would go along with that, figuring that the profit Bendis' name brings in outweighs some characters out of editorial favor and a few diehard fans. That's my biggest fear right now.