Page 125 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2724
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Keep in mind that Dick in NTT was allowed to leave Batman office, because the extremely popularity of NTT

This make that DC allowed Dick to let the Robin mantle. Also, DC wants to recover the identity of Robin exclusively for Batman office.

So, it would be difficult DC allow Dick let the Batman office.

That said, if Dick let the Batman officee, he will probably be put on Titans. The Superfamily or Wonderfamily don't have a placee for him (it's even difficult that the Wonderfamily has a place for Donna Troy).
    That would be pretty funny if Dick just up and joined the Wonderfamily. It would be interesting if he gained the graces of the Amazonians and they train him.

Incredible Member

I would love to see Grayson in Metropolis, getting involved with the Kent family, the wired super science, and Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I would love to see Grayson in Metropolis, getting involved with the Kent family, the wired super science, and Lex.
    You're singing my son man! I really want to see Nightwing visit "Uncle Clark" and his family for an extended stay. Dick can hang out and protect Suicide Slum when he's not getting to know Jon and patrolling with Clark.

Oh, and dating Power Girl. Need to see that too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Keep in mind that Dick in NTT was allowed to leave Batman office, because the extremely popularity of NTT

This make that DC allowed Dick to let the Robin mantle. Also, DC wants to recover the identity of Robin exclusively for Batman office.

So, it would be difficult DC allow Dick let the Batman office.

That said, if Dick let the Batman officee, he will probably be put on Titans. The Superfamily or Wonderfamily don't have a place for him (it's even difficult that the Wonderfamily has a place for Donna Troy).
    But things are different now. The batfamily is bloated and overcrowded at the same time they don't know what to do with nightwing and needs his own space. The titans are on the way out. Once young justice and outsiders and legion and jsa hit by summer the titans are out the door.

And nightwing will be back to being isolated in mediocre bludhevan batman lite story's waiting for his next shake up for batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That would be pretty funny if Dick just up and joined the Wonderfamily. It would be interesting if he gained the graces of the Amazonians and they train him.
    Dick doesn't need any more training. He should be mentoring others by now.

I don’t know, I wouldn’t appose seeing him get amazon training. Expanding ones repertoire never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t know, I wouldn’t appose seeing him get amazon training. Expanding ones repertoire never hurts.
    Hell a better idea they could have done from Dick getting shot is traveling the world to regain and upgrade his skills. Would've made for a more interesting story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The titans are on the way out. Once young justice and outsiders and legion and jsa hit by summer the titans are out the door.
    Titans is imo a much bigger franchise than outsiders and legion, and with the Titans Live Action series just out, I don't think they will cancel it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Titans is imo a much bigger franchise than outsiders and legion, and with the Titans Live Action series just out, I don't think they will cancel it.
    The Titans book currently bears no resemblance to the show. Clearly, DC isn't looking for tie-ins. I would agree with WonderNight that the upcoming Bendis Young Justice will plow under the Titans book. My comics shop has promised me that no Young Justice promo posters will be put on their walls; I told them it's okay to put them up in the gaming room where I don't go. Not sure if DC Streaming reaches much of an audience, though.

exactly. Which is why I refer to nightwing as sidekick.

Someone said DC only cares about dick when he's Robin. This is wrong, DC doesn't like dick as nightwing because nightwing is a ADULT SIDEKICK! DC doesn't mind sidekicks when they're kids or teens but not adults.

As long dick as nightwing is a adult sidekick he will never be his own man, DC will never care for him and he will never get the respect the push ir investment he deserves.

It's time for nightwing to stop sitting at the kids table and sit with the other adults like cyborg and starfire are doing now. That doesn't mean he has to join the league (even though he should) but nightwing needs to leave the bat office again like in his NTT days and start be his own head.

If nightwing can't stand on his own and be his own head then move him to the superfamily for a few years. More nightwing and superman, supergirl and Jon. He'll send him to the wonderfamily, A nightwing and Donna book. More wonder woman, donna troy and a.r.g.u.s. why not what does dick have to loser?

But nightwing has maxed out as he is. As a sidekick to batman. He can't go up through the bat ceiling so let him go around it.

P.s get batman logo of his book.
    While I like the idea of Nightwing with Supers or the Wonders I'd rather Nightwing not join another family. Interact with yeah but don't move him to another family. I like Nightwing travelling the DCU and teaming up with various characters. I like him with Spyral. Give him the Skulls as sidekicks make him a spy type in spandex.

I agree that Nightwing needs to stop being an adult sidekick but can DC let him? Can the bat writers let him? More importantly can fans let him?

I don't think fans are willing to separate Dick Grayson from Batman.
    I don't want a Nightwing and title because we are still trying to free him from the bat. Don't need him attached to another character on a regular bases unless that character is a sidekick of his own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I would agree with WonderNight that the upcoming Bendis Young Justice will plow under the Titans book.
    Young Justice seems to me more similar to Teen Titans than to Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    While I like the idea of Nightwing with Supers or the Wonders I'd rather Nightwing not join another family. Interact with yeah but don't move him to another family. I like Nightwing travelling the DCU and teaming up with various characters. I like him with Spyral. Give him the Skulls as sidekicks make him a spy type in spandex.

I agree that Nightwing needs to stop being an adult sidekick but can DC let him? Can the bat writers let him? More importantly can fans let him?

I don't think fans are willing to separate Dick Grayson from Batman.
    I don't want a Nightwing and title because we are still trying to free him from the bat. Don't need him attached to another character on a regular bases unless that character is a sidekick of his own.
    yes those are the thing I what for nightwing also and yes the will be nightwing's biggest problem be he'd be a different nightwing (same dick grayson).

Be what other choice does he have? Remain as is? DC's number one adult sidekick, he can't stop sitting at the kids table under batman.

It's not like having him outside the bat office isolates him from the batfamily, just it just connects him more to the greater DC and gets him from all up under daddy. Just look at Jason todd.

Jason was able to have starfire fit in his book. But dick can't because she whould not fit batman's. Sad

Fantastic Member

Dc just doesn't care about Dick, full stop and they don't even want to care. Jason was able to fit aliens into his book because they are assured he won't step on Batman's toes, while Dick does, whatever he did, whoever he's partnered with. Every "well because that girl is an alien/meta/a dog he cant be with her" argument is numb and dumb in a creative and every whatever standpoint. They just dont want to.

Astonishing Member

yes those are the thing I what for nightwing also and yes the will be nightwing's biggest problem be he'd be a different nightwing (same dick grayson).

Be what other choice does he have? Remain as is? DC's number one adult sidekick, he can't stop sitting at the kids table under batman.

It's not like having him outside the bat office isolates him from the batfamily, just it just connects him more to the greater DC and gets him from all up under daddy. Just look at Jason todd.

Jason was able to have starfire fit in his book. But dick can't because she whould not fit batman's. Sad
    To be fair, Red Hood and the Outlaws is still a comic on Batman office. Jason is still considered a member of Batman family by DC (in-universe is more complicated).

They can put a team (even with superpowers) for Nightwing. They can put a comic like "Nightwing and others", which makes leadership skills of Dick shine.

However, if you want Nightwing to let Batman shadow, that would be difficult.

If there's an important role to fill, DC will choose Batman instead Nightwing. The problem is that Batman can do almost everything (For example: Batman is enough sociable to mantain interactions with many superheroes)

The only things Batman can't do are things Dick can't do either (like being really goofy, really dumb, really young, between others few).
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-08-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Dick has had Sarfire in his book along with most main players in the DCU. I'm sure under the bat office doesn't stop other characters from being in his book it's just decides who handles the character. And since Batboks are generally popular with readers I think regardless of the office writers can get use of characters if they ask.

The problem that some fans feel DC is making bad choices with the character. Will that change with a different editorial office? Maybe but it won't solve the problem. The problem is Nightwing. Spandex hero who is the protector of Bludhaven and Batman's biggest ally and 2nd in command of the Bat family.

That is who he is and that is interesting. That was interesting when Seeley was writing and Percy seemed to be heading in an interesting direction before he got derailed. But it keeps him in Batman's shadow. I don't think it can be escaped. He's not a sidekick but he still has responsibilities to Batman and the family.

Nightwing has been good most of Rebirth now that I think about it. I feel that as comic fans we might be quick to scream the sky is falling.

Honestly now that I think about it most characters have some kind of derailment or fall in quality.

Dick Grayson has moved out from under Batman but he can never cut that cord. None of them can. Red Hood is under a different office but he is still tied to the Batman. So much of his story revolves around Batman. Damian isn't under the Bat office but he is still tied to the batman. I don't think a different editorial office will do the trick.