Page 128 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2724
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Damian has been Nightwing?!

Other than that, this seem like a trick question, but sure; once upon a time Robin's creation was tied to Dick, it was his mother name for him, it was his family colors but then was given to Jason because, then to Tim, who at least had some form of conection to Dick, until Lobdell got a hold of Tim's history...these days Robin is a franchise totally unlinked to any personal element.

Guess who lost with that generalization.

It isn't comparable to Dick being Batman because DC will never allow Batman be separated from Bruce, from Dick they can take and take to make other characters work.
    Atleast with Robin, you can say it's a symbol of Batman's most trusted sidekick. The same goes with Batman. It's a symbol of justice. But Nightwing isn't like that. There may be Kryptonian origins but Dick's main goal was for himself. It is a symbol of one person growing up. Giving it to other characters doesn't make sense because it loses meaning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Everyone hated Damian's Nightwing. The same will go to Tim's Nightwing. Nightwing is deeply connected to Dick's independence. Giving it to other characters makes no sense because they can't live up to the mantle's purpose. It's not like Batman or Superman, where they are symbols of humanity. Nightwing is a symbol of one person. It's a very personal mantle which is why it works.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Nightwing's Damian is from Injustice, right? I suspect there are other reasons why people hate that Damian's Nightwing.

I think Nightwing mantle can be transferred, but this would only be accepted if Dick isn't affected in a negative way for this.

That said, there isn't many characters who will be benefited from Nightwing mantle, since it a isn't big name.

That's probably why DC doesn't follow the idea of Tim's Nightwing. The idea of Tim as Robin (even a second Robin) is more profitable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Nightwing's Damian is from Injustice, right? I suspect there are other reasons why people hate that Damian's Nightwing.

I think Nightwing mantle can be transferred, but this would only be accepted if Dick isn't affected in a negative way for this.

That said, there isn't many characters who will be benefited from Nightwing mantle, since it a isn't big name.

That's probably why DC doesn't follow the idea of Tim's Nightwing. The idea of Tim as Robin (even a second Robin) is more profitable.
    Damian is Robin now. Tim has no right to it. He's old enough to cut his umbilical cord, unless he wants to stay in the womb forever like the itty bitty baby he is. If this is what the company thinks is wonderful, then give Damian another identity; I can't imagine him sharing it with a milque-toast sissy like Tim. Nightwing symbolizes Dick Grayson's personal journey to adulthood.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-08-2018 at 08:37 PM.

I don't get people saying it will be cancelled when it is above 50% of what DC is selling right now. They would cancel most of their books if we use sales as a criteria. DiDio can keep it going too. We need to let our voice be heard everyday and everywhere since it is the only way we can stop Ric.
    Because of how they are supporting it. They are struggling to put together even the basic necessities at this point. They aren't going out and getting new creators or new ideas, there's no new suit designs for Nightwing like their is with Batgirl or Red Hood, and overall sales aren't great. And lets not forget Lobdell and Fabian was the same team that burned off Tim's last TTs series for them. Clearly they don't want to put much work into the book here, despite it being a double ship and having sales better then many of their other books, which to me says the book isn't long for this world. Because why would you put much work into something that is basically just on a death march.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Because of how they are supporting it. They are struggling to put together even the basic necessities at this point. They aren't going out and getting new creators or new ideas, there's no new suit designs for Nightwing like their is with Batgirl or Red Hood, and overall sales aren't great. And lets not forget Lobdell and Fabian was the same team that burned off Tim's last TTs series for them. Clearly they don't want to put much work into the book here, despite it being a double ship and having sales better then many of their other books, which to me says the book isn't long for this world. Because why would you put much work into something that is basically just on a death march.
    It looks that way to me, too. Maybe Darlin' Dan wants letters from a thousand Wingnuts begging him to put the character out of its misery.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It looks that way to me, too. Maybe Darlin' Dan wants letters from a thousand Wingnuts begging him to put the character out of its misery.
    Won't happen.

Everything will go back to the status quo. It always happens.

Dick will be NW and everything will be the same old, same old and it will be shaken up again since it is just meandering.

I liked the fifth episode of Titans, but it felt a bit rushed. There was a definite sense of reaching the end of a chapter, which was heightened by the fact that the previews for episode six make it look like an interlude before the main story picks up again. In episode five, the developments with Dick and Starfire as well as with Gar and Rachel were satisfying but seemed to come too early and too easily. Same with the story points about the Nuclear Family and their masters. The big reveals were effective but once again at least one of them (at the very end) felt like it came too soon.

There was also a rather ham-handed moment where Gar was obviously acting as an audience avatar and Dick was obviously the mouthpiece of the show runners. It was cute and all, but had the subtlety of a batarang to the head.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I liked the fifth episode of Titans, but it felt a bit rushed. There was a definite sense of reaching the end of a chapter, which was heightened by the fact that the previews for episode six make it look like an interlude before the main story picks up again. In episode five, the developments with Dick and Starfire as well as with Gar and Rachel were satisfying but seemed to come too early and too easily. Same with the story points about the Nuclear Family and their masters. The big reveals were effective but once again at least one of them (at the very end) felt like it came too soon.

There was also a rather ham-handed moment where Gar was obviously acting as an audience avatar and Dick was obviously the mouthpiece of the show runners. It was cute and all, but had the subtlety of a batarang to the head.
    Titans is awesome and Dick is a badass. If people aren’t checking it out they are cheating themselves. I also think given the way episode 5 ended and Jason Todd’s appearance the whole what makes them different thing will be explored. The idea that just because Dick fights more brutal makes him Jason Todd like is a very simplistic way of viewing the characters and is very limiting to both.

Astonishing Member

I can't see Titans yet (I can't pay for the app), but I hear good things sbout this TV show.

I wonder if this can benefit Dick on comics in the future. Although Titans broadcast is relatively limited.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-09-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Everyone hated Damian's Nightwing. The same will go to Tim's Nightwing. Nightwing is deeply connected to Dick's independence. Giving it to other characters makes no sense because they can't live up to the mantle's purpose. It's not like Batman or Superman, where they are symbols of humanity. Nightwing is a symbol of one person. It's a very personal mantle which is why it works.
    While I agree that Nightwing isn't a mantle that should be passed on I have to expand Injustice 1 yes everyone hated Nightwing Damian because he was responsible for Dick's death. Injustice 2 Tom Taylor was all about Damian Redemption and in the end Nightwing Damian saved the day and saved family.

On this very site fans have picked Damian as the one they will be okay with as Nightwing Successor. I think some will not like to see the mantle passed on but I doubt the reaction to a Nightwing other will be automatic hatred.

I believe that some fans will enjoy Tim in the role as a stand in. That was the wish Tim fans had when Dick gave Robin to Damian so pretty sure they'll jump at it. However I don't think it's a good idea for Tim to keep jumping into other characters hero identity. Though Stand in Nightwing saves face more than going back to share Robin with the replacement.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Titans is awesome and Dick is a badass. If people aren’t checking it out they are cheating themselves. I also think given the way episode 5 ended and Jason Todd’s appearance the whole what makes them different thing will be explored. The idea that just because Dick fights more brutal makes him Jason Todd like is a very simplistic way of viewing the characters and is very limiting to both.
    Just wish we could get this in the UK, but unfortunately we're still waiting for a Netflix airdate. Shame, because there's certainly no Dick Grayson in the comics at the moment.

Mighty Member

Right now, I'm just paying for the DC Universe membership. I stopped buying comic books since Ric. It's better my money support people that have plans for Dick Grayson. I recommend everyone too. It's also great for trying out different comic series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I believe that some fans will enjoy Tim in the role as a stand in. That was the wish Tim fans had when Dick gave Robin to Damian so pretty sure they'll jump at it. However I don't think it's a good idea for Tim to keep jumping into other characters hero identity. Though Stand in Nightwing saves face more than going back to share Robin with the replacement.
    Not ALL fans. If you guys think I hate Tim now, wait till Tim took even Dick's own identity away from him. I'd be howling bloody murder.

Thank goodness for Titans tv show right now. I know im quick to call the Titans comic crap, and haven’t really said many kind words towards that franchise in a while, but right the Titans tv show is the best thing Dick has going for him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post

I am sold after watching Episode 5. I will keep watching Titans.
    'Kory, no killing".....................I like that
    Kory sees those people dead, and she says "Dick is going to think that I did it."
    lol
    good chemistry between Anna and Brenton. I buy the Dick/Kory.
    I am not sure about them having sex so soon. Why not just kiss passionately, and then Dick stops and pushes her away?
    different way of doing Titans....so to be expected
    I like Episode 5
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.