Page 134 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2724

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'snt it a conflict of interest having this particular guy write RHATO and Nightwing?
    So we're getting what he failed to sell from nu52. Goodie.
    No because despite how we act on here sometimes, these characters aren't competing. A writer having stake in one character doesn't mean that they have to undermine another character.

That being said, I'd still like a new writer please.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    No because despite how we act on here sometimes, these characters aren't competing. A writer having stake in one character doesn't mean that they have to undermine another character.

It be nice if it was true but nah

So Lobdell is just that bad that he believes this is a good idea for nightwing?

That sneak peak from YJ season 3 with Dick in Russia breaking trafficked children free and talking to Oracle. That is perfect for what Nightwing should be. Why can't we have that?!

BANNED

In theory, the more books a creator has going on and the more successful they are, the bigger the paycheck.

Mighty Member

They are gonna ship Ric with that crazy Joker wannabe. I'm out!

Mighty Member

But Nightwing is still getting New52 Lobdell so?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    #50 was a milestone issue, and #51 had a foil cover. Every ongoing book has a sales bump.
    It's true, the books with a foil cover seem to have a increase of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    That sneak peak from YJ season 3 with Dick in Russia breaking trafficked children free and talking to Oracle. That is perfect for what Nightwing should be. Why can't we have that?!
    Someone needs to go to a con and ask Didio that very question. We've got the blueprint for Nightwing's future. We know it can be successful. We know it would give Dick a solid purpose and role that would not only help him stand on his own, but would even add (if tangentially) to Bruce's legend.

Why DC isn't pulling the trigger and making it happen is beyond me. I'm relatively certain that this has objectively passed into the realm of "bad business because someone has a bias they can't get past" rather than just being a "solid, well-considered business choice that fans simply don't like because we're Wingnuts."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    But Nightwing is still getting New52 Lobdell so?
    I've got no issues with Lobdell personally; a lot of people disliked his work on Young Justice, but I never saw it since I don't buy anything with Tim Dreck in it. I've liked what he's done in his X-Men/Gen-X history and I love what he's done for Jason. I love all Fabian's work. More and more as things come out, this shooting out Dick's batbrain was Tom King's idea with absolutely no plan beyond the panel with the bullet colliding and it all got dropped in Lobdell and Fabian's laps so they're trying to make the best of it. I can't be mad at Lobdell and Fabian here; hopefully they can make something decent out of it (somehow). I'm glad the book is still double shipping so maybe they can get past it more quickly. Too bad Dick got shot instead of Tim Dreck--now THAT would have had some noticeable impact on the emotions of the rest of the Bat-Family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Someone needs to go to a con and ask Didio that very question. We've got the blueprint for Nightwing's future. We know it can be successful. We know it would give Dick a solid purpose and role that would not only help him stand on his own, but would even add (if tangentially) to Bruce's legend.

Why DC isn't pulling the trigger and making it happen is beyond me. I'm relatively certain that this has objectively passed into the realm of "bad business because someone has a bias they can't get past" rather than just being a "solid, well-considered business choice that fans simply don't like because we're Wingnuts."
    Dick as spy on Grayson was successful, because it has good writers. I don't know if the direction would work with a mediocre writer.

DC doesn't seem to be interested on put good writers on Dick/Nightwing. Maybe it's because they don't think it would make more profits (Grayson started strong, but its become a midseller over time).

Also, it doesn't seem to be popular writers interested on Dick at the moment. Didio and others will probably allow a popular writer to take Nightwing if these writers are interested.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Wasn't #50 more expensive?

So... they are so dumb
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...-to-nightwing/
    Fist Superheavy, and next RH/Arsenal. How long before they move him to Burnside at this rate. LoL, this new direction just continues to look so frigging lazy and uninspired.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    nightwing like that is not accessible to batman thus can no longer be a tool

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Dick as spy on Grayson was successful, because it has good writers. I don't know if the direction would work with a mediocre writer.
    Of course it'd survive with mediocre writers. What do you think is happening right now? Nightwing has had a long string of short runs and bad talent (with a few highlights here and there, admittedly) and is still one of DC's most consistent books; outselling most of the DCU that isn't Justice League. The fact that it sells so well even when it's utterly terrible is exactly why we have this problem in the first place. Well, that and possibly managerial bias.

Worst case scenario is that such a change in direction doesn't yield any positive results. DC *literally* has nothing to lose by trying.

DC doesn't seem to be interested on put good writers on Dick/Nightwing. Maybe it's because they don't think it would make more profits (Grayson started strong, but its become a midseller over time).
    That's quite likely, I suspect. DC seems to feel that Nightwing has a high sales floor, but a low ceiling, meaning they suffer some serious diminishing returns for larger and larger investments. And I think in the short term that's likely correct. But building a brand isn't a quick, six-month advertising campaign, it's a long term investment.

Also, it doesn't seem to be popular writers interested on Dick at the moment. Didio and others will probably allow a popular writer to take Nightwing if these writers are interested.
    Who knows? Impossible to tell from this side of things. But for many years big name writers weren't allowed to write Superman (reportedly), so if there's a ban on major talent handling Nightwing I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Good creators are most likely running from his book right now. It’s editors have created an unstable and undesirable situation with the book and character. Thats not gonna attract talent. Who would want to take over a book you can’t write what you want to write, has no support, and would have to inherit a direction that has been met with nothing but mockery and disdain.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-12-2018 at 09:25 PM.