Page 136 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2724
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well... at least she doesn't dress like trash anymore and the cover with her forcing Joker face to Ric seems to signify a plot about identity, which fits the overall theme

2018-11-09-600x910.jpg

That's about the only good thing I can say about this. Moving on...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Uh, to disappear forever?
    Ha!They are not approaching the target in the most subtle way, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well... at least she doesn't dress like trash anymore and the cover with her forcing Joker face to Ric seems to signify a plot about identity, which fits the overall theme

The decision to use a truly awful character in Joker's Daughter probably went like...

Lobdell: You know what Ric needs? His own Joker. That is what the character has been missing.

DC Editorial: Brilliant idea! Who should be his Joker?

Lobdell: I really like the Joker Daughter's character and I've written her a lot before.

DC Editorial: You mean that character that ran around with a rotting Joker face attached to her own face that you seemingly killed off in your Red Hood run that no one cared about?

Lobdell: The one and only!

DC Editorial: Sounds great! No way his fans can complain if he gets his own Joker!

Lobdell has his defenders, which are a large portion of Jason fans given he treats the character very well, and many people said he wasn't as bad since his horrible New 52 run, that he was actually good, but this has been a big step down in quality since Percy's #50. The past 2 issues have progressively gotten worse. If you want to excuse it as this not being Lobdell's story and he is just doing editorial's bidding on short notice that's fine, but there has been enough time now where Lobdell is able to tell his own story and Joker's Daughter is the direction he decided to go in. I really don't understand it. I can only explain it as he knows the book will be cancelled sometime next year and he won't be returning to it, so DC is just letting him do whatever he wants and for some dumb reason he has a fascination with Joker's daughter and is using his Nightwing run to use her more than doing anything actually interesting with Dick's character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's because other writers want to use Dick as "sacrifice" to affect Batman.

The idea of the shot was from Tom King. He let the consequences of this to Nightwing comic (althogh Tom King has an idea that Dick should learn everything again, while Tim would take his place as Nightwing).

Tom King also said that he offered the option to DC that they could override all effects of the shot with magic in the next issue, but DC preferred to continue with the story of the shot.

To be fair, I don't think Didio intentionally wants to sabotage Nightwing comic (it's a book with good sales).

The disinterest of DC in Dick is what is causing all these problems. The writers only show interest in the character to use it as a "sacrifice" for Batman, but they do not show plans to develop it.
    If DC really had no interest in Dick they would allow the Nightwing writer to do whatever he wanted instead of abruptly interrupted and changed the direction again and again. TK could have restored everything in the next issue then Percy could go on with his original storyline but DC decided to go with the shot; Percy accepted the shot plot and would have written about Nightwing's vertigo issue but DC forced the amnesia. So much editorial mandate enforced on this book. I still hold the opinion that the one who forced the amnesia direction should write Nightwing after Percy left.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

2018-11-09-600x910.jpg

Isn't that like her whole one shtick. How many Robins are going to toy with the Joker identity. Where the hell did she even dig up that rotting manky face from?. Someone should tell Duella and Scott that Joker has his face back [all 3 of them] this is so over and done. The fact that this the way Lobdell decides to explore Dick's identity [if that is what he is doing] is not encouraging.

Batman is getting trashed, Superman is getting trashed at least Dick is in good company.

This whole thing is so cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    If DC really had no interest in Dick they would allow the Nightwing writer to do whatever he wanted instead of abruptly interrupted and changed the direction again and again. TK could have restored everything in the next issue then Percy could go on with his original storyline but DC decided to go with the shot; Percy accepted the shot plot and would have written about Nightwing's vertigo issue but DC forced the amnesia. So much editorial mandate enforced on this book. I still hold the opinion that the one who forced the amnesia direction should write Nightwing after Percy left.
    I don't think it's a case of no interest more a case of mishandling. They are interested just they don't treat him how a character of his calibre ought to be treated.

I was looking forward to Percy's Vertigo arc. That seemed a much better angle for exploring Nightwing than loss of memory. Dick being a detective. Using his brains more to compensate for the sudden his short comings.

How do we go from this?

To this? Seriously, who wants this?

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How do we go from this?

To this? Seriously, who wants this?

Because egdy and kewl.

Mighty Member

Lobdell gonna ship Ric with her. RHatO Rebirth was a fluke. Lobdell is still DC's worst writer. One good series does not make his dozen bad series disappear.

If DC wanted to do that dumb multiple Harley's idea you could easily have Duela be one that got away and is struggling with her sanity. A bit like a younger creeper. Exploring that would be a much better avenue to take than resurrecting the cut off face angle. Seriously shouldn't that have rotted away by now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I really hope that's her own face because man would I feel bad for Dick (sorry, Ric) if he had to deal with having the several-years-old face of the Joker hanging around his nose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    That would mean Dan Didio would be writing the Nightwing book. Give me Lobdell any day.

Astonishing Member

That would mean Dan Didio would be writing the Nightwing book. Give me Lobdell any day.
    I don't remember if it was said Didio has the idea of the amnesia.

As Tom King write about the shot for Nightwing, he should develop the consequences for Nightwing.

I understand why DC doesn't want to quickly get rid of the consequences of the shot with magic, because they couldn't capitalize with the event. Of course, the amnesia is terrible, but it's more profitable for now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't remember if it was said Didio has the idea of the amnesia.

As Tom King write about the shot for Nightwing, he should develop the consequences for Nightwing.

I understand why DC doesn't want to quickly get rid of the consequences of the shot with magic, because they couldn't capitalize with the event. Of course, the amnesia is terrible, but it's more profitable for now.
    Didio might be a better writer for Nightwing than Tom King. Since King was all about ONE panel in Batman #50, I don't think we can trust him now.

Didio might be a better writer for Nightwing than Tom King. Since King was all about ONE panel in Batman #50, I don't think we can trust him now.
    DiDio would probably have "Ric's" head get blown off in the next chapter. Permanently.