Page 142 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2724

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    They could also look into independent artists out there, like Yale Stewart (creator of JL8 webcomic).
    I would LOVE it if Yale Stewart got to do his JL8 for real or anything of his own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is the Young Justice is a profitable idea (at least, during a time), since it appeals the nostalgia. So, I'm not surprised Didio accepted this, regardless his (bad) feelings toward Tim.

Following your logic, Didio should have stopped King and Seeley from taking Grayson. As Didio hates Dick so much, he should stop any good writer for Dick.
    My logic is on target. King, Seeley, and Janin weren't considered superstars when they signed on for Grayson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    My logic is on target. King, Seeley, and Janin weren't considered superstars when they signed on for Grayson.
    So, your logic is the next:

If Didio hates Tim, he wouldn't allow the superstar Bendis works on Young Justice with Tim (a profitable idea). Although it was Bendis idea to work with Young Justice and he has superstar power.

However, Didio hates Dick, but he allowed the talented (not superstar) King, Seeley and Janin to take Grayson. Although they had not superstar power at that time, so it would be easier to stop them (and the other option was Tynion).

BANNED

So, your logic is the next:

If Didio hates Tim, he wouldn't allow the superstar Bendis works on Young Justice with Tim (a profitable idea). Although it was Bendis idea to work with Young Justice and he has superstar power.

However, Didio hates Dick, but he allowed the talented (not superstar) King, Seeley and Janin to take Grayson. Although they had not superstar power at that time, so it would be easier to stop them (and the other option was Tynion).
    The other option wasn't Tynion--he doesn't like the character and doesn't want to deal with him regardless. Didio doesn't hate Tim; thus he indulged Tynion to write all the "love letters" he wanted as long as Defective sold enough copies--he probably wouldn't have cared whether he wanted to write Nightwing or not as long as he could keep Defective on schedule. As far as Bendis goes, Didio is going to going to let The Big Superstar write anything he wants--he wouldn't stop him if he wanted to write Nightwing. But he doesn't--Bendis wants to write Timmy Wimmy. Therefore: Dick, Jason, and Damian need to be edged away for Tim's Big Royal Re-Rollout so that the company can pander to The Big Superstar Ego with all the accompanying fanfare. Bendis is a BIG DEAL, maybe rightly so.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Titans is really showing how great it is when Dick leaves the Bat family. I feel the comics should follow and make Dick be more to the Titans than the Bat family. The Bat family does not treat him as an equal to Bruce, but in the Titans he is the leader and the guy who holds it together. In the Bat family, he is either just the moral compass or the hostage to make Bruce mad. His Titans role fit Nightwing better.

Mighty Member

But DC hates the Titans in the comics. So we the fans are still screwed.

Astonishing Member

The other option wasn't Tynion--he doesn't like the character. Didio doesn't hate Tim; thus he indulged Tynion to write all the "love letters" he wanted as long as Defective sold enough copies. As far as Bendis goes, Didio is going to going to let The Big Superstar write anything he wants--he wouldn't stop him if he wanted to write Nightwing. But he doesn't--Bendis wants to write Timmy Wimmy. Therefore: Dick, Jason, and Damian need to be edged away for Tim's Big Royal Re-Rollout so that the company can pander to The Big Superstar Ego with all the accompanying fanfare.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember Tynion gave an idea about a blonde Dick Grayson. I'm not sure if Tynion was going to write this story or another writer was going to write this plot.

However, this idea was left aside for Grayson.

BANNED

Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember Tynion gave an idea about a blonde Dick Grayson. I'm not sure if Tynion was going to write this story or another writer was going to write this plot.

It sounds like the idea was actually used in the first issues of Grayson. I remember an interview where Tynion said, in essence, that he wasn't interested in writing Nightwing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    So we get Ric wearing make-up and using ropes as his primary weapon.... Why do we even bother....

Mighty Member

It sounds like the idea was actually used in the first issues of Grayson. I remember an interview where Tynion said, in essence, that he wasn't interested in writing Nightwing.
    Tynion's Dick isn't memorable too. He is hamfisted to certain character roles which makes him shallow. Dick is smart, Tynion!

Mighty Member

The other option wasn't Tynion--he doesn't like the character and doesn't want to deal with him regardless. Didio doesn't hate Tim; thus he indulged Tynion to write all the "love letters" he wanted as long as Defective sold enough copies--he probably wouldn't have cared whether he wanted to write Nightwing or not as long as he could keep Defective on schedule. As far as Bendis goes, Didio is going to going to let The Big Superstar write anything he wants--he wouldn't stop him if he wanted to write Nightwing. But he doesn't--Bendis wants to write Timmy Wimmy. Therefore: Dick, Jason, and Damian need to be edged away for Tim's Big Royal Re-Rollout so that the company can pander to The Big Superstar Ego with all the accompanying fanfare. Bendis is a BIG DEAL, maybe rightly so.
    Maybe... Remember Waid. DC believes some writers are too big to be wasted on Nightwing. Nightwing is not a big writer's title.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Blonde Dick Grayson was planned for Batman Eternal. He was in the Batgivings picture they used to tease the event. This was before the delay of Forever Evil #7 and Nightwing #30 where they changed plan. Once they decided on the secret agent, he's taken off from the event.

I was hoping that blond Nightwing would come up in here again recently. I was thinking about it (for some reason) and the idea hit me...

Do we know that that was Dick? Given that he was a blonde, and that Tynion would've been writing it, what would've been the chances that it was supposed to be Calvin Rose?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I was hoping that blond Nightwing would come up in here again recently. I was thinking about it (for some reason) and the idea hit me...

Do we know that that was Dick? Given that he was a blonde, and that Tynion would've been writing it, what would've been the chances that it was supposed to be Calvin Rose?
    I thought it was Calvin Rose from the very beginning. It never occurred to me it might be Blond Grayson. IMHO, the problem with Waid wasn't that he was too big for Nightwing--he wasn't big ENOUGH to insist on what he wanted and actually get his way--like Bendis is doing. There is only a handful of writers with that much clout--Bendis, Gaiman, Ennis, Morrison, maybe a few others.

Astonishing Member

The blond guy is definitely Dick. Even Grayson #1 has a reference to this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Blonde Dick Grayson was planned for Batman Eternal. He was in the Batgivings picture they used to tease the event. This was before the delay of Forever Evil #7 and Nightwing #30 where they changed plan. Once they decided on the secret agent, he's taken off from the event.
    Yeah. I hear something about that.

Blond Dick would appear on Eternal (by Tynion). This would happen after Forever Evil, when Dick lost his Nightwing identity.

I wonder what would happen with the solo of Dick at that time. Maybe it would be cancelled for a time.

However, the idea of blond Dick and his presence in Batman Eternal were discarded. DC decided to use Grayson.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-16-2018 at 10:08 PM.