Page 143 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2724
    BANNED

Heaven forbid Grayson should actually take part in an Event--instead of just being cannon fodder!! Blond Dick would have been too weird.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Titans is really showing how great it is when Dick leaves the Bat family. I feel the comics should follow and make Dick be more to the Titans than the Bat family. The Bat family does not treat him as an equal to Bruce, but in the Titans he is the leader and the guy who holds it together. In the Bat family, he is either just the moral compass or the hostage to make Bruce mad. His Titans role fit Nightwing better.
    Yep I believe as Robin he should be a bat but as nightwing he should be dcu.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Heaven forbid Grayson should actually take part in an Event--instead of just being cannon fodder!! Blond Dick would have been too weird.
    In this case, I think it was pretty good that DC doesn't put Dick in Batman Eternal by Tynion.

DC chose Grayson, which is better for the character (Tynion isn't so interested on Dick and Batman Eternal was too crowded) and more profitable.

But DC hates the Titans in the comics. So we the fans are still screwed.
    True but dick's connects to the dcu shouldn't only be the titans. It's why he's in the situation he's in now because when titans fail or DC loses interest in it nightwing was nowhere else in the dcu to go so he gets sent back to batman, and here we are.

Maybe it's time for nightwing to have something new. A new team with new relationships made up of some of the dcu bigger characters that don't have solo's that are in and out of limbo. A small team of 5 or 6 nightwing, power girl, zatanna, vixen cyborg and Wally if he's not really dead.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Maybe it's time for nightwing to have something new. A new team with new relationships made up of some of the dcu bigger characters that don't have solo's that are in and out of limbo. A small team of 5 or 6 nightwing, power girl, zatanna, vixen cyborg and Wally if he's not really dead.
    Sounds good. I would buy every issue.

Tynion was going to write the Nightwing book after Forever Evil. They were just going to have Dick continue to be Nightwing but he would be wearing a blonde wig to disguise himself. He even wrote an entire funeral issue for Nightwing that they penciled but never released. I don't think he would have been good on the book so it is good that DC moved in a different direction, especially since we got Grayson, but I still think the reason for the sudden change of plans was that the Batman office decided late that they didn't want to deal with Dick's situation of his identity being exposed to the world in Forever Evil and took the character off the table entirely by having him become a spy so they wouldn't have to deal with it. Which is what happened as Dick's identity situation was basically ignored in the Batman books and had no real impact outside of Dick's own series.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I wouldn't like Dick leading a team with Zatanna and Cyborg, when both of them are already in two teams (Seven Soldiers and JLD; JL and JLO, whom he leds for Cyborg). I would swtich Zatanna for Khalid Nassour and Cyborg with Blue Beetle.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I was hoping that blond Nightwing would come up in here again recently. I was thinking about it (for some reason) and the idea hit me...

Do we know that that was Dick? Given that he was a blonde, and that Tynion would've been writing it, what would've been the chances that it was supposed to be Calvin Rose?
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I thought it was Calvin Rose from the very beginning. It never occurred to me it might be Blond Grayson.
    Calvin Rose has reddish brown hair or dirty blond. The Blond Nightwing was bright blond. I considered it too, but the face was very Nightwing, younger than Rose, his body is concealed by a black cloak as if to hide his costume and he's wearing Nightwing's domino mask. Then once I checked the hair color I'm convinced that it's Nightwing.

That analysis was back then. My friends and I were really having fun speculating.

Titans is really showing how great it is when Dick leaves the Bat family. I feel the comics should follow and make Dick be more to the Titans than the Bat family. The Bat family does not treat him as an equal to Bruce, but in the Titans he is the leader and the guy who holds it together. In the Bat family, he is either just the moral compass or the hostage to make Bruce mad. His Titans role fit Nightwing better.
    Nightwing isn't equal to Batman. Not in the comics and not in real world terms so I don't expect him to be treated equally. And he won't ever be treated equally because Batman is Batman. As fans we often forget that. It's important we don't. Nightwing should be treated respectfully though I agree completely with that.

I think that Nightwing should be more independent. He shouldn't cut ties with the family because that;s his roots. Pull that and Dick Grayson is no longer anchored and vitally important to comics.

Titans are fodder. I'm happy for Nightwing to take centre stage and a leading with them but not at he cost of his roots and only if DC is serious about promoting the brand well.

However I want Nightwing to be it's own thing. A hero who was Robin, is loosely tied to Batman, member of the Titans but mostly spends his time protecting Bludhaven alone.

For those saying that DC isn't putting good writers on Nightwing or that god writers don't want to work on Nightwing. That is not true at. Lobdell might not be a good writer but all the other's have been.
    Seeley, Percy, King, Tomasi. Nightwing always has good writers lining up to work on the title just because this one time things mucked up and we end up with the dud doesn't mean we usually don't have good writers.

Heck even when we had the good writers fans still complained. Why did Seeley leave?
    I'm not happy with how things are right now but I'm also not going to pretend like Dick has it bad a lot when he doesn't. DC treats him the way they would treat some top league members. I can confidently say that he gets better treatment than Aquaman and similar treatment to Diana [until the movies that is]

I have complained about DC not treating him like a top tier hero but the fact is that while he sells like a top tier hero. In DC hierarchy he isn't [Batman takes his place] and can't treated the same.

He is 2nd tier. The next line of defence after JL. Now if only DC could find a way to manage this hierarchy well.

Also Blond Nightwing is lame. Tall dark and handsome everytime.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Tynion was going to write the Nightwing book after Forever Evil. They were just going to have Dick continue to be Nightwing but he would be wearing a blonde wig to disguise himself. He even wrote an entire funeral issue for Nightwing that they penciled but never released. I don't think he would have been good on the book so it is good that DC moved in a different direction, especially since we got Grayson, but I still think the reason for the sudden change of plans was that the Batman office decided late that they didn't want to deal with Dick's situation of his identity being exposed to the world in Forever Evil and took the character off the table entirely by having him become a spy so they wouldn't have to deal with it. Which is what happened as Dick's identity situation was basically ignored in the Batman books and had no real impact outside of Dick's own series.
    So, at least, it was true that the other option for Dick was Tynion.

I'm so glad DC has chosen Grayson, even if it was just to avoid the issue with Nightwing identity (we don't know if this was really the reason, but it's likely).
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-18-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Nightwing isn't equal to Batman. Not in the comics and not in real world terms so I don't expect him to be treated equally. And he won't ever be treated equally because Batman is Batman. As fans we often forget that. It's important we don't. Nightwing should be treated respectfully though I agree completely with that.

I think that Nightwing should be more independent. He shouldn't cut ties with the family because that;s his roots. Pull that and Dick Grayson is no longer anchored and vitally important to comics.

Titans are fodder. I'm happy for Nightwing to take centre stage and a leading with them but not at he cost of his roots and only if DC is serious about promoting the brand well.

However I want Nightwing to be it's own thing. A hero who was Robin, is loosely tied to Batman, member of the Titans but mostly spends his time protecting Bludhaven alone.

For those saying that DC isn't putting good writers on Nightwing or that god writers don't want to work on Nightwing. That is not true at. Lobdell might not be a good writer but all the other's have been.
    Seeley, Percy, King, Tomasi. Nightwing always has good writers lining up to work on the title just because this one time things mucked up and we end up with the dud doesn't mean we usually don't have good writers.

Heck even when we had the good writers fans still complained. Why did Seeley leave?
    I'm not happy with how things are right now but I'm also not going to pretend like Dick has it bad a lot when he doesn't. DC treats him the way they would treat some top league members. I can confidently say that he gets better treatment than Aquaman and similar treatment to Diana [until the movies that is]

I have complained about DC not treating him like a top tier hero but the fact is that while he sells like a top tier hero. In DC hierarchy he isn't [Batman takes his place] and can't treated the same.

He is 2nd tier. The next line of defence after JL. Now if only DC could find a way to manage this hierarchy well.

Also Blond Nightwing is lame. Tall dark and handsome everytime.
    I disagree. If Nightwing ever truly wants to leave Batman's shadow, he needs to separate from Bruce like the show. No more building up Batman at the cost of Dick. Dick is a better character anyway. He has the most potential to stand with the Trinity. What you want would only lead to more what we have now. Nightwing can be more than the Bat family.

Mighty Member

I'm one of those who believes Dick can be more and be DC's Spider-Man in both popularity and symbolism. I might not see it. But I know he can. I can feel it especially when I read how he progressed and changed. There's something unique about Dick Grayson that no character will ever have.

BANNED

Putting Tynion on a Nightwing book is almost as bad an idea as hiring me to write Tim Dreck book. why give a book to someone who says he’s not interested in the characters? What kind of quality ideas would you expect out of that?

I disagree. If Nightwing ever truly wants to leave Batman's shadow, he needs to separate from Bruce like the show. No more building up Batman at the cost of Dick. Dick is a better character anyway. He has the most potential to stand with the Trinity. What you want would only lead to more what we have now. Nightwing can be more than the Bat family.
    I never said he has to be in batman's shadow. Ties are not the same as shadow. Nightwing shouldn't be in Batman's Shadow nor should he cut ties.

Harley for example is tied to Batman without being in his shadow. It's just about management.

Nightwing can be more than the Batman family but Dick Grayson is the Bat family. That can't be changed unless DC decides to rewrite the Batman story and generations forget what was.

I like Dick better than bats and rate him more than the trinity but sadly I don't get to decide.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-17-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I never said he has to be in batman's shadow. Ties are not the same as shadow. Nightwing shouldn't be in Batman's Shadow nor should he cut ties.

Harley for example is tied to Batman without being in his shadow. It's just about management.

Nightwing can be more than the Batman family but Dick Grayson is the Bat family. That can't be changed unless DC decides to rewrite the Batman story and generations forget what was.

I like Dick better than bats and rate him more than the trinity but sadly I don't get to decide.
    for Harley Quinn its different, nobody call her Batman lite. And Harley can join the JL but not nightwing lol.