Page 146 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2724
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I assume the Ric arc ends once DC has a permanent writer lined up for Nightwing. There’d be no point of establishing a new post Ric status quo until that happens.
    It shouldn't be that hard to find a writer. Is DC even looking? I notice no mention of Fabian in the solicits for #57--is Lobdell writing his own dialogue? If he could do for Dick the miracles he's worked for Jason, I'd be okay with him staying on.

Remember when Dick was on the cover of Heroes in Crisis? Hilarious.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    'member when Dick was Dick? That was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    'member when Dick was Dick? That was nice.
    Good times.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

NIGHTWING #57

written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by TRAVIS MOORE
    cover by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    variant cover by JEFF DEKAL
    Destiny…fate…predetermined inevitability… these are all things that Ric Grayson has struggled to reconcile now that he has been given a second chance at life. A life recently unburdened with years of trauma, defeat and struggle when the hero known as Nightwing was shot in the head. Now, Ric must come to terms with who he is, and what kind of hero he wants to be…if he wants to be one at all. And while Ric is content to walk away from the mantle, one woman has been hiding in the shadows, waiting to solidify an identity of her own…an identity tied for all eternity to the clown price of crime…enter The Joker’s Daughter!
    Can people stop acting like Lobdell is a good writer now? This is purely his story and he isn't writing some poorly thought out concept that was thrown in his lap last minute anymore. It is all him and this is the direction he thinks the character should go in during this pointless arc and Joker's Daughter is the character he wants to use for it. Dragging in Scarecrow from Gotham for some bad Superheavy knockoff story wasn't his decision but this is all on him now.

Dick has 80+ years of history to use for some great introspective look at the character and this is what they do for it. I just don't get it. It pains me to think of what this arc could have been with just an ounce of care put into it.

Batman Epic Event, Justice League Epic Event, The Titans Finally doing things on another world without competing with the Justice League, Super Sons in a Intergalactic Prison, Young Justice, and then there is Nightwing and the "new" emergence of Jokers Daughter. Nightwing Sucks and that is all I have to say, There is no story in the DC Universe for him as he is completely controlled by Batman's Legacy/Justice League Pantheon that has no interest in Dick Grayson but to leave him in Bludhaven. I won't be buying new DC comics until further notice since I do not think this Jokers Daughter story will be one issue and we have March with a new creative team. I have no interest in this story and Doomsday Clock is really the only exception. Even is Dick Grayson becomes Dick Grayson he will more than likely still be in Bludhaven stuck between his no endgame Batgirl relationship trying to measure up to Batman by fighting street level villains while people he has trained and fought with travel around the galaxy. I do not blame Didio for seeing no reason to contribute Nightwing stories since his Wingnuts will forever demand Bludhaven which will never truly represent a bright future for Nightwing. Action Comics is also having a spy event and why would Dick Grayson who worked with Spyral be allowed to participate in a Non Batman event as a hero and not cannon fodder. I can no longer invest in this character because I really think with Lobdell Nightwing has entered Red Hood and The Outlaws territory however the Batman influences over his story make it a worse position.

remember when dick was supposed to lead his own team with Waller in no justice? Or when dick was supposed to be a key character in forever evil? Or the titans and dr. Manhattan? With nightwing it's all talk.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard to find a writer. Is DC even looking? I notice no mention of Fabian in the solicits for #57--is Lobdell writing his own dialogue? If he could do for Dick the miracles he's worked for Jason, I'd be okay with him staying on.
    I think I'd rather run a cheese grater over my eyes than read more of Lobdell's dialogue. It is so rough to get through.

I really don't get how people can still defend Lobdell after everything we've seen from him. Jason fans I can understand at least, since he feels a sense of ownership and obligation to the character where he will never undermine him or take things away from him, but he has done such a poor job on nearly every other DC character he has written where I don't get how people can still expect him to do well. He isn't going to do for Dick what he did for Jason because he doesn't care about Dick's character the same way. He doesn't have the same investment level.

The moment we found out what HiC was going to be and that Dick was going to be removed from the DCU after getting shot in the head and isolated in Bludhaven it was obvious he would never play a role in HiC. Since the Ric story is going on for another arc after Scarecrow it feels really apparent that they aren't going to put a new creative team and direction for Nightwing until after HiC is finished.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Batman Epic Event, Justice League Epic Event, The Titans Finally doing things on another world without competing with the Justice League, Super Sons in a Intergalactic Prison, Young Justice, and then there is Nightwing and the "new" emergence of Jokers Daughter. Nightwing Sucks and that is all I have to say, There is no story in the DC Universe for him as he is completely controlled by Batman's Legacy/Justice League Pantheon that has no interest in Dick Grayson but to leave him in Bludhaven. I won't be buying new DC comics until further notice since I do not think this Jokers Daughter story will be one issue and we have March with a new creative team. I have no interest in this story and Doomsday Clock is really the only exception. Even is Dick Grayson becomes Dick Grayson he will more than likely still be in Bludhaven stuck between his no endgame Batgirl relationship trying to measure up to Batman by fighting street level villains while people he has trained and fought with travel around the galaxy. I do not blame Didio for seeing no reason to contribute Nightwing stories since his Wingnuts will forever demand Bludhaven which will never truly represent a bright future for Nightwing. Action Comics is also having a spy event and why would Dick Grayson who worked with Spyral be allowed to participate in a Non Batman event as a hero and not cannon fodder. I can no longer invest in this character because I really think with Lobdell Nightwing has entered Red Hood and The Outlaws territory however the Batman influences over his story make it a worse position.
    I am probably the oldest and most steadfast Wingnut alive, and I NEVER liked Bludhaven. I liked Grayson. I like pretty much anything that is for the GOOD of Dick Grayson and advances his viability and visibility. I would like to see him reach his full potential I KNOW he has before I shuffle off to the grave.

I am probably the oldest and most steadfast Wingnut alive, and I NEVER liked Bludhaven. I liked Grayson. I like pretty much anything that is for the GOOD of Dick Grayson and advances his viability and visibility. I would like to see him reach his full potential I KNOW he has before I shuffle off to the grave.
    Yeah I was kind of mad with that post because all these stories have people doing things across space and time while Nightwing is not Nightwing and stuck in Bludhaven with another rehashed villain to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Man I agree 100%. I'm done supporting nightwing in comics until DC invest in the character. If DC doesn't care about nightwing then why should I?

Until DC stops with this mediocre batman lite batgirl BS I'm done with nightwing in comics.

Its put up or shut up. Grow some balls and finally let nightwing be his own man or send him with Roy and Wally.

Did wonders? Different strokes I guess but Lobdell is probably my least favorite comic writer of all time. I can't wait for him to go to a different book, every character I love that he writes turns to garbage real fast.

Did wonders? Different strokes I guess but Lobdell is probably my least favorite comic writer of all time. I can't wait for him to go to a different book, every character I love that he writes turns to garbage real fast.
    Read Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Read Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth yet?
    I think Lobdell is doing great for Jason. Maybe it's because he feels a certain amount of ownership for him or whatever, but I always read RHATO every month. It would be nice to have any writer and/or artist interested enough in Dick to give him some good stories. As for HIC, I laughed the first time I saw that cover--DC will put Nightwing on a cover to help sell a book but that's all we'll get.

NIGHTWING #57

written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by TRAVIS MOORE
    cover by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    variant cover by JEFF DEKAL
    Destiny…fate…predetermined inevitability… these are all things that Ric Grayson has struggled to reconcile now that he has been given a second chance at life. A life recently unburdened with years of trauma, defeat and struggle when the hero known as Nightwing was shot in the head. Now, Ric must come to terms with who he is, and what kind of hero he wants to be…if he wants to be one at all. And while Ric is content to walk away from the mantle, one woman has been hiding in the shadows, waiting to solidify an identity of her own…an identity tied for all eternity to the clown price of crime…enter The Joker’s Daughter!
    I don’t think they said Ric enough.