Page 150 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2724
    Fantastic Member

Bruce is at his peak...He is neither old nor unsexy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Really? I have understood that there are women who think men not interested are sexy (or, at least, sexier than men too interested).

That said, I feel Bruce is too old to be sexy.

PS: I realized that I feel that Bruce is old (even although he's 30s), because of Dick. So, DC is partially right about this.
    Some women see an aloof man as a challenge. Bruce isn't too old to be sexy; after all, wasn't J Howard Marshall sexy enough for Anna Nicole Smith to fall deeply in love with him and marry him? He pushed his own wheelchair right up to the pole at Gigi's Strip Club and staked his claim because he was INTERESTED.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Bruce is at his peak...He is neither old nor unsexy.
    True. Bruce is 30s.

However, I always feel Bruce as much older. It's because Dick (and the other Robins) I feel that way.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-21-2018 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

True. Bruce is 30s.

However, I always feel Bruce as much older. It's because Dick.
    You could always overlap the orphans.

I feel Bruce is older cause his character still comes off like something that was built in the the 40s. Which I don’t mean that in a bad way, but out of costume he still has the Howard Hughes look and presentation to him. Which again I don’t mean that in a bad way, its something I dig even.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-21-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I don’t get it.
    All DC has to do is make Bruce 11 years older than Dick.
    Some time in the Pre-Crisis Period, Bruce was 28 years old.
    Dick was 18 years old at the time
    Barbara was over 25 years old.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Some women see an aloof man as a challenge. Bruce isn't too old to be sexy; after all, wasn't J Howard Marshall sexy enough for Anna Nicole Smith to fall deeply in love with him and marry him? He pushed his own wheelchair right up to the pole at Gigi's Strip Club and staked his claim because he was INTERESTED.

Yeah
    people can be well past their 30s and be sexy
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Bruce was 29

Extraordinary Member

True. Bruce is 30s.

However, I always feel Bruce as much older. It's because Dick (and the other Robins) I feel that way.
    Bruce forever 35

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bruce forever 35
    Except Batman Beyond. And Dark Knight Returns.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Bruce was 29
    There was a Batman comic book issue that had flashback scene of his parents death 20 years ago and it referred to him as a 8 year old boy

so 28 years old

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    thats imporssible he adopted him at 8?

Astonishing Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but Bruce doesn't adopt Dick in Pre-Crisis. Bruce was just Dick's legal guardian.

I don't know the exact age of Dick (when he start to be Robin) in Pre-Crisis, I always thought it was between 10 and 13.

BANNED

As far as I know, the adoption was done away with in the latest reboot. You look at the comics back in the 30's, Dick looked like he was in grade school. The 1930's weren't that far away from the Victorian Period, where taking in a ward was more common. Because people died so young, a wealthy person or family might take in a young orphan from a family in their OWN peerage, like a godson or goddaughter. A formal adoption might be eschewed because that young orphan needed to maintain their own family name in order to keep the name and lineage from dying out--but you were essentially a son or daughter. The whole dumb "ward" business could be made more palatable in the comic to say that Dick didn't want to be adopted because he felt it would dishonor John Grayson--but at least that would be Dick's choice. It's an antiquated legal status that is almost never done in modern times, and nobody nowadays really understands it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    As far as I know, the adoption was done away with in the latest reboot. You look at the comics back in the 30's, Dick looked like he was in grade school. The 1930's weren't that far away from the Victorian Period, where taking in a ward was more common. Because people died so young, a wealthy person or family might take in a young orphan from a family in their OWN peerage, like a godson or goddaughter. A formal adoption might be eschewed because that young orphan needed to maintain their own family name in order to keep the name and lineage from dying out--but you were essentially a son or daughter. The whole dumb "ward" business could be made more palatable in the comic to say that Dick didn't want to be adopted because he felt it would dishonor John Grayson--but at least that would be Dick's choice. It's an antiquated legal status that is almost never done in modern times, and nobody nowadays really understands it.
    Wait, I thought Bruce didn't adopt Dick because it was not legitimate for a single man to adopt a kid at that time?
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 11-21-2018 at 07:46 PM.