Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2724

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, Nightwing appears to have the problem of a narrow range, with reasonably (but not absolutely) stable ceiling and floor. The good part about that is that it is very hard for editorial fiats and just bad writing to destroy the character. Witness the only period Nightwing/Grayson has been out of print in 23 years was while he was Batman. And there has been a lot of terrible writing and editorial meddling in that time. If you add the time he was the central character in the Titans, that means he has been in continuous print for the greater portion of almost 40 years.

The bad part is that there isn’t much incentive to put effort into the character. If he sells about as well with just any old thing as he does with his better stories, then all the incentives are for DC to just keep his title chugging along and use him as a supporting player for Batman.
    Ive said much the same about the sales ceiling/floor.

However, although it makes business sense for DC to just ignore the book because it'll sell the same no matter what, I do believe that with a little effort and patience, Nightwing could break through that ceiling into a higher sales bracket. And since the floor remains so stable, if DC could get him there I suspect he'd stay there with the same consistency he shows now.

It'd just take a writer who wants to do it, and DC letting him/her do their own thing instead of derailing the title for Bruce's benefit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Following up with my post above about Dick in Titans, IGN has an interview with the show runner here:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12...an-cliffhanger

It sounds like they are still wrestling with some pretty big things, including the specifics of Dick’s relationship with Bruce and what Bruce taught him. Note Walker refers to episode 11 as a “dream,” which is probably mostly semantics but may imply that they don’t want to tie themselves to anything. (I assume mostly the dream was generated from Dick’s mind, with the ripple effect indicating points where Trigon interfered). Superboy’s role is still undefined, and Batgirl is totally off the table for now.

What was going to be episode 12 is now episode 1 of Season 2. I think Den of Geek had a good point in their review where they said that the pacing feels more like a regular 22 episode season than a short 11 episode season. In that sense, this was more like a mid-season cliffhanger than a season finale. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like we are getting to Nightwing anytime soon.

Oh, there’s also a couple of interesting videos linked on the page, including a set of clips where the Titans cast talks about killing in the story.
    What does the video say about the killing?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Titans is now a Dick Grayson show and I'm not even mad. Hopefully, Dick learns from this. He has let go of Robin, but years of anger and hatred are still there. I love that Dick stood against Bruce instead of crying and begging him to go back. When Bruce acts like a jerk, Dick should call him out and not follow him. It's great to see a Dick Grayson with a backbone after Abnett making Nightwing a Justice League lapdog.
    I loved it, too. Ready for next season RIGHT NOW. Loved KickAss Dick Grayson. Loved seeing K----o (if you watched the episode to the after-credits, you KNOW who I'm talking about).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I loved it, too. Ready for next season RIGHT NOW. Loved KickAss Dick Grayson. Loved seeing K----o (if you watched the episode to the after-credits, you KNOW who I'm talking about).
    Titans is so good. Dick Grayson is badass. Awesome episode and loved the after credit reveal. Excited for season 2.

Hello, everyone, Dick Grayson is my favorite DC character.
    It's a pleasure to be here.

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Bless your soul

Nice some new blood who will become jaded and cynical like us.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Nice some new blood who will become jaded and cynical like us.
    In fact I've come here to share some of my anguish with you guys.
    So, well, it seems I'll be even more distressed..... lol
    Some of my children are being crushed by DC.
    Dick
    Tim
    Jason
    Wally
    Roy
    Donna
    Garth
    Gar
    Kory
    Raven
    Booster Gold
    Blue Beetle
    Animal Man
    SJA
    and others......

Welcome to the forum.

We're all a little mad here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What does the video say about the killing?
    The actors for Hawk and Dove simply say that yes, the Titans kill. Brenton Thwaites says that he does not interpret Dick as killing, but also says that the way the show is edited suggests that many of the people Dick fights may end up dead. Ryan Potter gives the longest answer, saying that the Titans certainly want to always do the right thing, but some collateral damage is unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

We're all a little mad here.

In both the American and British senses of “mad.”

The actors for Hawk and Dove simply say that yes, the Titans kill. Brenton Thwaites says that he does not interpret Dick as killing, but also says that the way the show is edited suggests that many of the people Dick fights may end up dead. Ryan Potter gives the longest answer, saying that the Titans certainly want to always do the right thing, but some collateral damage is unavoidable.
    I really enjoyed the show, but I confess, the killings just bothered me, especially about Dick.

Happy Holidays guys

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Happy Holidays guys
    Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and everyone in the thread.

BANNED

A great big Christmas welcome to you! We're the most sheet-upon fandom in the universe, but the fact that we're still here sounding off and keeping it real means that Wingnuts are the strongest and best fans out there. We support our guy Dick through thick and thin. We might beeyatch some, but that's because we have justifiable cause. Everyone is here because We Love Dick Grayson.