Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He needs some kind of base of operations, why not do something familiar?
    Cause like I said it reinforces the Batman-lite stigma. Nightwing isn’t Batman, and Nightwing isn’t suppose be Batman. Even as Batman Dick ditched the cave.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-05-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause like like I said it reinforces the Batman-lite stimgma. Nightwing isn’t Batman, and Nightwing isn’t suppose be Batman. Even as Batman Dick ditched the cave.
    I don't understand the Batman-lite stigma so Dick having a cave or a lair doesn't mean anything negative to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think its pretty easy to understand that the more they have Nightwing copy Batman, the more he can potentially come off as a lesser copy of Batman. Even when he was Batman they understood they needed to create differences where they could.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-05-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Press f to pay respects.

Also weighing in to say that I'm not a huge fan of Percy's run. Pickked up the 2nd to last issue and couldn't make it through the preview pages. I just don't like his writing, which makes it hard to get excited for his future developments.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So far i've liked Percy's run. the arc wasn't too long which is good. some nice antagonist in Wyrm. excited for the two issue Motorcycler story. and the Scarecrow arc sounds neat. i like that hes using BABS and i smiled when she was there in the chair being Dicks Tech girl
    X-Men Forever

Thank you mod

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

DickBats and damiBat

Bickering over Collars

http://polmcarts.tumblr.com
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-06-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause like I said it reinforces the Batman-lite stigma. Nightwing isn’t Batman, and Nightwing isn’t suppose be Batman. Even as Batman Dick ditched the cave.
    I've always thought that Dick should have his base somewhere high. Top of a skyscraper or something. He doesn't belong deep underground; he belongs in the air.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

What a combo in Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder's Batman: The Black Mirror. I miss Dick Bats.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've always thought that Dick should have his base somewhere high. Top of a skyscraper or something. He doesn't belong deep underground; he belongs in the air.
    I like the penthouse during the DickBats era but Dick already establishes himself as someone who likes to be close to people and the trouble. That's why he keeps choosing medium to lower class apartments that he modifies into a safe house (and then throw his costume on the floor in plain sight of anyone opening the door XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I like the penthouse during the DickBats era but Dick already establishes himself as someone who likes to be close to people and the trouble. That's why he keeps choosing medium to lower class apartments that he modifies into a safe house (and then throw his costume on the floor in plain sight of anyone opening the door XD)
    I'm fine with Dick living in mid-lower apartments, because that does fit him rather well. But I really dislike it when he builds a safe house that has that "mid-level" feel. It feels.....amateurish. Like, if *I* were going to try to be a vigilante I'd probably set my "lair" up in some small, cheap storage unit on the outskirts of town. I'd like to see better than that sort of thing from Dick frikkin Grayson, y'know?

Dick is a pretty down to earth, unassuming guy. And he refuses to take Bruce's money. So he should definitely be living within a budget. But superheroing is, in my opinion, different. When it comes to saving lives, I feel like you gotta put everything into it or you're being irresponsible. Dick has a lot of resources at his disposal, a lot of friends, and a lot of people who owe him favors. He should have a nice HQ.

But, I'm the guy who wants to see a little more "Super" in my Nightwing, so I definitely got a bias here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Actually, way back in the World's Finest comics of the silver age, Dick shared a headquarters (slash Superman/Batman Museum) with Jimmy Olsen, called the Eyrie (which I think was a take on the word "aerie"), that was on top of a mountain. You can see them setting it up in this page from World's Finest 147.wf147_001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Actually, way back in the World's Finest comics of the silver age, Dick shared a headquarters (slash Superman/Batman Museum) with Jimmy Olsen, called the Eyrie (which I think was a take on the word "aerie"), that was on top of a mountain. You can see them setting it up in this page from World's Finest 147.wf147_001.jpg
    Seems a tad remote, but it'd work just fine as a hidden headquarters for a Nightwing-lead Spyral.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I'd be interested in a story of Dick actually BUILDING himself a lair instead of just saying, "Here's my lair."

Ya, I'd be ok with that. It'd make it more personal.