lol has anyone read Titans of this week?There are some interesting panels:
    6B12E9A2-EE3F-4D47-B30C-5DE0F1631141.jpg
    141D1FD6-E2C8-4CF6-893E-1D162F9155E4.jpg

...get this guy off Titans..

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    What about the issue? I've read some good reviews, but I dropped the book a while ago. Is it getting better?

Okay, that's sorta funny, but......"how dare you imagine Nightwing in that sort of position!" ??

Really?

See, this is why no one likes the Titans anymore. This is basically a "ew you think my best friend is cute?" high school mentality. I'd expect far better from experienced, seasoned, adult heroes in the middle of a mission.

How is it that these characters seemed more mature and self-sufficient when they were barely out of their teens but today, with them in their mid-20's, they're written like idiot kids?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    What about the issue? I've read some good reviews, but I dropped the book a while ago. Is it getting better?
    I actually quite enjoy the issue because I am a fan of D&D stuff and LotR. Besides, someone pointed out that Miss Martian's position in the team might overlap with Raven's, but in this issue Abnett shows they can cooperate. I think I will at least give this arc a shot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Okay, that's sorta funny, but......"how dare you imagine Nightwing in that sort of position!" ??

Really?

See, this is why no one likes the Titans anymore. This is basically a "ew you think my best friend is cute?" high school mentality. I'd expect far better from experienced, seasoned, adult heroes in the middle of a mission.

How is it that these characters seemed more mature and self-sufficient when they were barely out of their teens but today, with them in their mid-20's, they're written like idiot kids?
    The problem, my friend, is current DC doesn’t allow legacy characters to grow up and have their own mature career. See what they’ve done to Wally and Dick back to Bludhaven after Grayson and the upcoming fate of Roy in Sanctuary.

I stopped complaining about Titans ever since I figured that out. Now I am just trying to enjoy what we have.

Some of that just come down to bad writing and mismanagement between offices. I mean Dick’s solo series are all about his own mature career. The Titans office could give a crap about that though. It seemingly does it’s own thing and lets its writers paint their own picture about the character regardless of his solo or how DC try’s to sell him elsewhere. I mean let’s just look at right now. In Batman they have Bruce trusting Dick with Gotham, but in Titans they have Batman appointing him a babysitter. Its laughable quite frankly.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Mighty Member

I will miss the past thread

Titans was fine for me this month. I love they are developing the Dick and Raven friendship again. Raven is also one of my favorite characters.

I actually quite enjoy the issue because I am a fan of D&D stuff and LotR. Besides, someone pointed out that Miss Martian's position in the team might overlap with Raven's, but in this issue Abnett shows they can cooperate. I think I will at least give this arc a shot.
    I was surprised I enjoyed a Titans issue. Less relationship drama, more comic craziness. Abnett should just do more world building. It's his strength.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 08-08-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

The problem, my friend, is current DC doesn’t allow legacy characters to grow up and have their own mature career. See what they’ve done to Wally and Dick back to Bludhaven after Grayson and the upcoming fate of Roy in Sanctuary.

I stopped complaining about Titans ever since I figured that out. Now I am just trying to enjoy what we have.
    Oh yeah Roy. Roy's a deadman, right? His secret origin was finally addressed, fixed, and had interesting stories done with it in Green Arrow and now he's definitely one of the victims, right? I don't think King is going to kill Wally (too vital to "Rebirth") and I don't think he's going to kill Kyle (he did write Omega Men, after all) and plus he's a Morrison fan guy and Kyle/Wally is a thing. Tim Drake just got back. So on so forth. Not that death really counts in comics anyway, but I think it's gonna be Roy.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Would that be so bad?

@Onthetrapeze and @yohyoi Thanks for your answers! So, D&D stuff and Dick/Raven friendship? That could be interesting.

I don't know what to think of Abnett. He gave us bad Titans writing since the beginning (Titans Hunt), but I kinda liked the Dick/Donna dynamic in Earth 2: Society. He can write them all as adults, but looks like I just don't want or can't.

Yeah, are we supposed to feel bad at Roy's death? The only real disappointment is that he won't be dead for long. They will bring him back quickly, if he is even gone at all. The thing that really sucks is that they are dragging Wally's character down again for the story based off those rumors, but I have kind of given up with Wally in Rebirth since it seems DC has no real plan for him anyway. It makes it really tough to care at this point.

And I'm still amazed people try and defend Titans. I really don't get how people are so desperate to try and say the book isn't bad when it is a garbage pile that DC doesn't give a **** about.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

BAHAHA okay, that is funny.

(I can't believe there's a spellcheck for BAHAHA on my computer)

Incredible Member

Has anyone seen the new Heroes in Crisis rumors about Dick and Starfire?