Page 32 of 182 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Definitely a must buy for me. Far from the "crappy writer" people make him out to be. Im interested to see how his amnesia will effect his acrobatic ability.
    Actually, the type of amnesia being described shouldn't affect his acrobatic activity (it might affect him knowing he has acrobatic abilities, as it seems to be a type of retrograde amnesia that they're talking about, but it shouldn't affect his ability to do acrobatics). Sorry, I'm a neuroscientist that studies the sensorimotor control of human movement, and it's well know that the part of the brain that encodes "declarative/explicit" memories (usually the hippocampus/limbic area in the temporal lobe) is different from the part that trains "procedural/implicit" memories (muscle-motor memories, done more through the basal ganglia and cerebellum). The classic example where this is shown is H.M., who due to surgery to counteract his severe epilepsy, had a large portion of his hippocampal area removed on both sides of the brain. He lost the ability to convert short-term declarative memories into long-term, and thus suffered from severe long-term anterograde amnesia, but was able to learn new, if rather simplistic, motor skills. He couldn't tell when or how he learned the new motor skills, but he could still use them. Of course, I'm not expecting any comic book/graphic novel writer to actually know this (I gave up on these writers actually knowing real science years and years ago ), so I won't be surprised that of course they'll have his motor skills impaired.

Though, frankly, given where they're placing Dick's scar on that cover, I'm not sure why they think he would have amnesia or vertigo, as given where that scar is placed, I wouldn't expect either... Of course, again, I realize they're going for artistry and not scientific accuracy, so I need to let it slide...

Extraordinary Member

How does amnesia work when he has connections to 3 powerful pychics Lilth Raven and Miss Martian

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Lobdell? Maybe he'll give Dick some of Tim's origin too.

At least it's not Devin K Grayson I guess.
    Poor kid almost got ruined during N52. Just leave him alone…

Good news potentially! Dick could be leaving Titans and Abnett's awful writing given the amnesia storyline. Here is an upcoming Titans variant cover. Kyle is taking his place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Why is a sexual harasser like Lobdell writing Nightwing? Red Hood fans bend over backwards to this scum because he is only one who cares about the unpopular Robin. I will not. Dick is a shining beacon of hope and love. He deserves a lot better than Lobdell. DC needs to find even a decent average writer to replace him.
    You can get cheaper lube online.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 09-13-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How does amnesia work when he has connections to 3 powerful pychics Lilth Raven and Miss Martian
    Bruce forbids them because he wants Dick to live in peace free of superheroic is my theory based on how Alfred did that with Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Good news potentially! Dick could be leaving Titans and Abnett's awful writing given the amnesia storyline. Here is an upcoming Titans variant cover. Kyle is taking his place.

Does this mean Kyle doesn't die in Heroes in Crisis or is this just to setup possible drama for the Titans when they do kill him off?

Granted, with the upcoming status quo change it probably wouldn't make sense for Dick to still be leading the team.

(Will Donna and Kyle hookup again?)

Fantastic Member

I could see the upcoming Kyle/Donna pairing...
    A Titans/TT team that is not leaded by a Robin but a green lantern? I will give it a shot.
    On the other hand I feel so sorry for Dick. He is going to lose his memories,his nickname,his family,his friends,his team book,and even a decent writer on his solo…Sad.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-15-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Incredible Member

I’m not down on Lobdell like some. I think he did some really good stuff with Jason. As a fan of Nightwing though I would like for Lobdell to do an interview or something to ease some of the tension regarding all the ambiguity. I don’t recall a time when something so monumental was done to a character and the main writer leaves the book at the start of the story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bruce forbids them because he wants Dick to live in peace free of superheroic is my theory based on how Alfred did that with Bruce
    Would Dick meet his Julie?
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I dropped the book a long time ago,but #24 and #25 were pretty good.
    I decided to read #25 because you and others said it was better, but I still don't get the praise. The art in parts was good, like the TV reality stuff, but the whole issue was basically trying to explain Dick's problems and insecurities. The problem is that those were poorly thought out problems from the start that no one liked in the first place. Dick being insecure about trying to prove himself to the JL and his last Titans team failure, him out of nowhere being insecure about being a normal human, him having major trust issues, and him being in the wrong for being upset at Miss Martian for being forced on his team.

Those never made any sense. Dick should be so far beyond trying to prove himself to the JL, and how Abnett wrote that last Titans team was just a joke where he had the JL treat them like children and then blamed Dick for it. He's never been shown to be upset at being a normal human so that came out of nowhere. Abnett also has it in his head that Dick is just a mini Batman and doesn't know that Dick is far more trusting than Batman and is more personable which is what sets him apart from Bruce, and Dick was completely in the right to be upset at the JL and Martian Manhunter for forcing Miss Martian on his team that the JL should have no control over anyway. The whole issue was just dealing with things Abnett introduced that no one liked. Maybe if he used it as a way to write off those things I can see it being good, but I don't think Abnett is going to stop undermining Dick's character on the team given the years of stories showing he won't.

Also was this issue the reason why everyone thinks DC is going to start calling him "Rick" because of that TV reality scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does this mean Kyle doesn't die in Heroes in Crisis or is this just to setup possible drama for the Titans when they do kill him off?

Granted, with the upcoming status quo change it probably wouldn't make sense for Dick to still be leading the team.

(Will Donna and Kyle hookup again?)
    It is a variant from issue #30 apparently. Well we know Roy is a goner, but I don't think Kyle is going to die too in HiC unless they have been setting that up in the GL books. I don't follow those though.

Dick leaving the Titans and Abnett is so far the best news to come from this whole mess if that is what happens, but it is at least something to hope for. Though watch Abnett be the new writer on Nightwing after Lobdell, hahaha.

No idea. Do people care about this current version of Donna enough where they care it if they revisit the short Kyle romance? As someone that loved Donna I have no interest in this current version of her. Abnett Titans is unimaginative enough where I can see him revisiting it though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time that a team book is completely ignoring what is happening in a solo book, for in the year between Convergence and Rebirth Batman and Superman were still completely normal in Justice League, while in the regular books Jim Gordon was Batman and Superman was depowered.
    And I doubt that Dicks status quo change will last much longer than those changes lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I’m not down on Lobdell like some. I think he did some really good stuff with Jason. As a fan of Nightwing though I would like for Lobdell to do an interview or something to ease some of the tension regarding all the ambiguity. I don’t recall a time when something so monumental was done to a character and the main writer leaves the book at the start of the story.
    It wouldn't help. What he is going to say? There wasn't anyone else that could deliver in so short time, no my story I'm just in to fill on the dialogue and a check is a check. I don't think I can't anule anymore of his relationship, since there is no more to ruin.

Saying that I'm pretty sure he is leaving Nightwing in a worst state he will be getting him.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Would Dick meet his Julie?
    Well, the solicit mentions one close friend who will become a victim and spur him to become a hero again... and they did a time skip in Batman to establish Bruce and Julie...

That's a great new. Well, if his amnesia is going to save his butt from Abnett. I can only thnk KGBeast, Bane and Kjng for this