Page 44 of 182 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wouldn't give Dick generic powers, like super strength, but since he got a head injury maybe give him some psychic or telekinetic powers and you can write a few stories that deal with him dealing with and learning how to use his new powers until the story runs it course. I know they did a story where Damian got powers I think after he got brought back but those powers were like Superman or New Gods level of power which would be too much. I would do something smaller scale so you can explore it more.
    At first I wasn't feeling this at all, but I think what you're describing would be easily solvable by making it Dick tapping into the Sage Force. You could get Barry, maybe Wally eventually, in the book for it which could be fun. Besides that I'm not sure what else they could do that would even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s not simply about bringing them back, but having them taking advantage of Dick’s amnesia to make a better Dick according to them. Ultimately leading to an upgraded Nightwing with new perspectives. Maybe even one that’s tired of being a victim.
    This could be a lot of fun, and really still possible. We don't really know what we're getting from #55 onward, and hell, #54-55 had some weird solicits that sound more like placeholders (the same way #52-53 was before it was re-solicited with Lobdell). Really doubt they'd come up with something this potentially cool, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would have a villain watching and manipulating Nightwing in his more compromised emotional/mental state, someone like Deathstroke or Raptor.
    While I agree with pretty much everything you said as it is, I just wanted to specifically bring attention to this, because like. I think it'd be wild if there were multiple games of 4D chess going on for the prize that is Dick Grayson. Raptor, Deathstroke, Dr. Hurt, Talon (Cobb), maybe even Maxwell Lord, everyone just trying to get their hands on some Dick.

For me it's what come after this, will he just be back in bludhaven with more will they won't they with babs waiting for the next batman shake up.

I would love for this to be a nightwing reborn thing were he goes to the next level. I want him to be a globetrotting epic adventure hero and leaguer( seeing as almost everyone a leaguer now).

basically what he doing on YJ, just solo with regular team with leaguers and Titans, jsa etc. He can even have steph or Helena as partners (they dont have anything else to do) and can be the middle man for JL's and Titans (hell the whole DCU).

Than Nightwing with be the heart of the DCU and the real forth pillar.

Mighty Member

You wish... I bet they will lock amnesia Rick Grayson in Bludhaven, while every friend and family he has will not even visit him. They are hiding this from the solicitations because they want to fool people on buying the issues. If they were honest in the solicitations, people would be rioting right now. My advice: stop buying after Percy leaves, because DC doesn't care about Dick Grayson. Read the past series and stop expecting good things to happen. Let's be real it won't happen.

Mighty Member

They are taking everything he has, even his name, and removing him from his own team the same time he is a major player in both Titans and Young Justice tv series. If that doesn't say "Dick will never be an A lister in DC's eyes", I don't know what will.

Mighty Member

Since I'm ranting, I hate how much Dick's life sucks, the most in the Bat family, since the New 52. Doctor Manhattan taking his history with the Teen Titans. His circus life and past being destroyed by the the Owls and the Joker. Needing to move to Chicago, only to be tortured and killed in Forever Evil. The first moment after FE, Bruce tells him to keep on pretending to be dead and inflitratre Spyral. The Bat family hating him because he did the right thing. They all resurrected Damian, while they give Dick judgement. Dick helps the Bat family and stays as their heart and soul, while they rarely help him with anything. Dick going to Bludhaven, yet he has no stability. He keeps on jumping jobs, numerous flings and can't keep a list of friends for 10 issues. Yet people say he is a happy, good and friendly guy (Look at his messed up life!). I won't even mention Titans where he is a Justice League lap dog. I can write paragraphs on how bad that was. Now DC is giving him an amnesia, changing his name and taking his team away at the same time giving him another job, name and new group of friends while he is locked in Bludhaven. Dick goes through in a week what Damian and Jason goes through in months without being a brat. Yet DC just keeps on piling it up when he is the most popular Robin and has a chance to be their next Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    They are taking everything he has, even his name, and removing him from his own team the same time he is a major player in both Titans and Young Justice tv series. If that doesn't say "Dick will never be an A lister in DC's eyes", I don't know what will.
    you're right I give up, nightwing will never an A-lister or important to DC. just a B-list sidekick. I believed people when they said nightwing was his "own man" and the "heart of the DCU". My mistake. I'll just refer to him as sidekick #1 or Blue Robin.

I give up. he'll just be back in bluhaven, with but not with babs, the titans with big time heros like bumblebee and omen, and in event he'll be important things like sleeping in tubes or tied to a chair or a best a tie in book while Harley quinn helps save the day

MAN I GIVE UP.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 09-22-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Mighty Member

Sorry, just had to let off steam. If you are enjoying what's happening then continue buying. I really don't.

I’m not convinced DC even see’s him as B-list. I’m not sure DC even sees him at all. That’s why the people he falls under can get away with not being able to put anything together for his double shipped book, driving creators away, and having to rely on Scott Lobdell last minute to make up something as he goes for their "new direction" with him. It’s same reason Abnett gets away with blatantly mocking the character, and repeatedly burying him despite being one of the only draws that franchise has.

I mean, and I know this is kind of petty, but as Bleeding Cool just pointed out the people on his book couldn’t even get the side of the head he’s shot in right. This is just comical at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m not convinced DC even see’s him as B-list. I’m not sure DC even sees him at all. That’s why the people he falls under can get away with not being able to put anything together for his double shipped book, driving creators away, and having to rely on Scott Lobdell last minute to make up something as he goes for their "new direction" with him. It’s same reason Abnett gets away with blatantly mocking the character, and repeatedly burying him despite being one of the only draws that franchise has.

I mean, and I know this is kind of petty, but as Bleeding Cool just pointed out the people on his book couldn’t even get the side of the head he’s shot in right. This is just comical at this point.

I don't know if they "don't see him". I think it's more like they see him but take him for granted. I mean if they didn't see him, I don't know if he would be part a TV show.

Fantastic Member

When you think about it, DC's agenda to sabotage NW has begun almost immidately after he become Nightwing back in the 80s. He was always "supposed to" be something good but always lost things. Those times he actually look good it's just individual writers caring about him. Never DC.

At the beginning of NTT he schooled Bruce on leading a team, but 10 issues later he was like "i always feel insecure when in front of Batman". And from growing up to getting fired, not mentioning Miller and his 80s dark age infuence and attempt to **** on Robin Dick (just Dick) every time he write a book.

At that time Wolfman-Peres wasnt even that big, the duo was the only ones who really cared about him, since they were setting up everything he has that made him big : NTT, friends and personality, which was ripped away along with "saveing Starfire and prove his place in the DCU."

Mark Waid wanted to write him which could make him as big as Spider-man? Nope.

Then came Chuck Dixon but NW was doing batman-lite things in Blud and after Prodigal , i think his personality took a step back too. NW was all about showing off to Bruce without a stable rougue gallery and friends and even a justice code that's strictly his own, NTT is viewed as some past that's a failure and forgotten throughout the series.

Devin Grayson is another thing, but why does his origin get worse the more Dixon write? First it's being fired as a kid in Robin Year One, second it's the mess that's NW YO. I know it;s to add drama but did DC not ever once think that if he was that emo and incompetent, Fanboy Tim wouldnt have existed? And if he couldnt keep his pants on and get raped and cheated a dozen times, how the hell was he trusted and better than Bruce in ANYTHING ? It's like they couldnt **** on anyone else in the Bat office so they chose Dick because he's easier. After all everything he had left as that point was his ass so let's add some dramatic sob stories about his look and class and race (which never gets resolved either) instead of skills, supporting characters and good direction. Even when he's Batman - nobody wants to make Batman look dumb, unlike NW - the series where he acts like an noob despite Prodigal and where Damian gets focus is the most famous. And again, everything that was "supposed to" be his, gets taken away.

Honestly, i believe the only reason he was that loved preflashpoint isnt even because he was treated well, but because fans then kept him there and he kept persisting despite DC's attempt to bury him under 124587 other characters. He got a fan in me with the persistence alone lol. He's unlike any other character that way, because he gets shat on gradually and steadily lol.

And post-flashpoint it looks like they got what they wanted. Because his time as Robin was the most defining for him in the past 70 years, lets make him a incompetent Robin at 16 and take away his everything while bury him some more. Nobody can save him now.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 09-22-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    I don't know if they "don't see him". I think it's more like they see him but take him for granted. I mean if they didn't see him, I don't know if he would be part a TV show.
    I know. Im being dramatic. Still something is up here because bringing up that show, this certainly doesn't seem a coincidence that this is all happening right in time for the shows debut. I mean they shoot him in the head, take him out of Titans limiting how much he is exposed (though yes, Abnetts Titans is poop and im glad he's out of it. Which is messed up in itself), and claim its all part of a new direction and evolution of the character. But then they have to pass it onto Lobdell to make up this so claimed direction as he goes. This goes beyond taking him for granted.

Fantastic Member

Lobdell will let now kilier Jason come to help Rick and become Rick's hero I ve seen fanfics like that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Dick helps the Bat family and stays as their heart and soul, while they rarely help him with anything.
    To be honest Dick gets probaly as much help as he gives (and the way he set up the other in Robin War was also not exactly a nice move), and he has hardly ever been the "heart and soul" of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To be honest Dick gets probaly as much help as he gives (and the way he set up the other in Robin War was also not exactly a nice move), and he has hardly ever been the "heart and soul" of anything.
    Hey, remember that time Dick was unmasked and presumably die and Jason, Kori and roy went dancing? The jerk still punshed Dick in the face latter as if cared. Aw

Lobdell will let now kilier Jason come to help Rick and become Rick's hero I ve seen fanfics like that
    He probably would end talking to a wall size portrait of Jason saying "he will do it for him"
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-22-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    He probably would end talking to a wall size portrait of Jason saying "he will do it for him"
    Ha! That’s good