Page 45 of 182 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

I'm only going to say this once: he's still Dick Grayson. This "Rick" bullshit is based on a Bleeding Cool rumour and the events of Titans #25 being conflated. The Bleeding Cool rumour only states he'll stop being called Dick, which makes sense for an amnesiac who would be weirded out by the Richard to Dick jump. He'll just be Richard or Grayson if I had to guess. He's still called Dick Grayson in solicits, both Percy's and Lobdell's; the difference is that Lobdell's refers to him primarily as "Grayson," and only uses Dick Grayson when referring to his full name.

The book's going to **** already, we don't need misinformation making fans look like the dumb ones in the equation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To be honest Dick gets probaly as much help as he gives (and the way he set up the other in Robin War was also not exactly a nice move), and he has hardly ever been the "heart and soul" of anything.
    What would be a nice move?Allow the Robins to train hundreds of normal teenagers and encourage them to fight against street crimes?
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-22-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Lobdell will let now kilier Jason come to help Rick and become Rick's hero I ve seen fanfics like that
    Sounds like overcompensation to me. But I never doubt Lobdell could do something like that, hmmm.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-22-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    What would be a nice move?Allow the Robins to train hundreds of normal teenagers and encourage them to fight against street crimes?
    To tell them his plan? On top of this both Jason is wanted criminal and Tim and his Titans was also on the run from the law at that time. And a prison controlled by the CoO is also not really a save place for teenagers.

And really you don't see Dick helping the other much on panel (apart from maybe Damian), he gets help from the others from time to time (for example from Barbara during the Dark Web Arc), and I don't really see how he is the "Heart of the Family".

No one even said he is the heart of the Batfamily. Yohyoi said he stays at the heart and soul of the Batfamily.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2018 at 09:45 AM.

The "heart of the DCU" is a purely fan made title given to Dick's character. DC doesn't look at the character or treat the character anything close to being the "heart" of anything. It is just a joke at this point. Big creators have no interest in him beyond how he effects Batman, he's irrelevant in the bigger DCU stories, his solo is looked at as a stepping stone or a pit stop by creators instead of a long term project, they have no confidence in the Nightwing brand, and he gets jerked around by editorial more than any one character out there. People need to move on from this false title. Batman, Superman and even Flash dwarf Dick in terms of being relevant and the heart of the DCU. Hell, Harley Quinn is probably more of a "heart" at this point.

This isn't about that "heart, head, fist" bull Tynion came up with is it?

And yeah Dick fans can cling to that one scene from Johns's TT run from 10 years ago, but claiming that he's the heart of the DCU is laughable. Like given his position and history, it would make sense for him to have developed connections through multiple generations of heroes, but we ain't there.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-22-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Again no one even said he’s the heart of the DCU or even the heart of the Batfamily.

Yohyoi said that he stays at the heart and soul of the Batfamily. It’s about who does Batman, Robin, and Batgirl care most about. Who’s there when Batman’s heart is broken, who do they have to call when Damian goes into an emotional frenzy, who’s the only one who gives any attention to Batgirl whatsoever in her isolation these past years. Unfortunately it’s also why he’s the one who gets a bomb strapped to his heart or shot in the head.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    This isn't about that "heart, head, fist" bull Tynion came up with is it?

And yeah Dick fans can cling to that one scene from Johns's TT run from 10 years ago, but claiming that he's the heart of the DCU is laughable. Like given his position and history, it would make sense for him to have developed connections through multiple generations of heroes, but we ain't there.

"The heart of the DCU" was a good sentence that fulfilled its purpose: Dick lived to see another age, prevented Jason from taking Nightwing mantle and yet another piece of Dick's identity, and despiste that terrible Nightwing run that followed (as tends to happen when Jason is involved in Dick's stories) let the door open for all the great stories that came a few years latter.

So it was a great sentence, nothing to laught about. And that "one scene from Johns's TT run from 10 years ago" was a great scene, since it is an appreaciation thread it's a good thread to remember it.

Remember how afraid we are for Grayson’s Sake.... Yeah....

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...firmed-really/

I think we should be afraid... be very afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Remember how afraid we are for Grayson’s Sake.... Yeah....

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...firmed-really/

I think we should be afraid... be very afraid
    ...Oh c'mon! If true I blame Abnett

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    ...Oh c'mon! If true I blame Abnett
    Why Abnett, this is King and DiDio’s story, spoilers:
    Clearly based off the amount of Titans killed, especially Wally and Roy, plus Dick’s New Direction stinks of DiDio
    end of spoilers

Why Abnett, this is King and DiDio’s story, spoilers:
    Clearly based off the amount of Titans killed, especially Wally and Roy, plus Dick’s New Direction stinks of DiDio
    end of spoilers
    I agree, specially the stink of Didio part, but Abnett had two years to make something of the Titans that would shield them of the next big event's death quota, and he didn't produce one single relevant arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I agree, specially the stink of Didio part, but Abnett had two years to make something of the Titans that would shield them of the next big event's death quota, and he didn't produce one single relevant arc.
    spoilers:
    Roy is always on the chopping block, he’s DC’s favourite character to make suffer in events like this, abd I think most people felt/hoped that Wally was safe due to Rebirth being a success, looks like we were wrong
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Roy is always on the chopping block, he’s DC’s favourite character to make suffer in events like this, abd I think most people felt/hoped that Wally was safe due to Rebirth being a success, looks like we were wrong
    end of spoilers

This is all making me ill

They can just kill dick, let tim the wandering teen be nightwing and I can just put down CBs for good