Page 52 of 182 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Maybe theres at least hope that amnesiac Rick decides that Bludhaven is garbage and moves far far away.
    his name not rick

I call upon the Night wing, Dick Grayson fans to answer my call: is rebirth a good jump in for Modern Richard Grayson for someone who has read a single night wing issue?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I call upon the Night wing, Dick Grayson fans to answer my call: is rebirth a good jump in for Modern Richard Grayson for someone who has read a single night wing issue?
    Definitely. Nightwing: Rebirth #1 is actually more of a transitional issue, so it might be weird to read, but #1 of the run and onward is pretty awesome imo. If you go by volume, it goes:
    Vol. 1: Better than Batman
    Vol. 2: Back to Bludhaven
    Vol. 3: Nightwing Must Die
    Vol. 4: Blockbuster
    Vol. 5: Raptor's Revenge
    Vol. 6: The Untouchable.
    I'd also recommend:
    Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Nightwing Vs. Hush #1

If you want a feel of what Nightwing was before getting into a whole run, I'd also recommend reading Higgins' final New 52 issues #28 and #29. You can then read #30 and go into the Grayson series which is a fan-favourite run of so many Dick Grayson fans. That's a five volume series itself, and directly leads into Nightwing: Rebirth #1 and the rest of that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I just don't get the logic of forcing him out when they could just develop the story naturally. Like, deliberately forcing him out sounds like an extra effort when he's already on the character list.

Snyder's Justice League Whatever's decision to replace Nightwing with Green Arrow makes more sense to me, in story because he's not a member of any team who Brainiac attacked, and out of story because he's a classic League member who hasn't been involved in any League event in a while.

So... I don't know when Heroes in Crisis was planned in relation to Bane's revenge but it makes more sense to me that King realized that if Bane's plan is to break Batman psychologically, on top of getting rid of Catwoman he will get rid of the rest of the family one by one and that's the reason he's written out... or... he wrote in Heroes in Crisis first, realized that logically Nightwing should have more screen time, then decided to expand Bane's revenge to involve Nightwing so he doesn't have to rewrite Heroes in Crisis.
    I don't think they view it as forcing him out. This is just what Dick and Nightwing are. He is a disposable piece to be used in Batman's narrative and they don't really care what happens with him afterwards. It isn't bigger than that. It is just convenient that they can give him amnesia and don't have to bother using him in the HiC story when they weren't interested in using him in it when his "place" in the DCU suggests he should be more involved than he is.

And I don't think there is going to be much connection to the Bane story in Batman and the HiC event. I think the HiC event was a story King wanted to tell about heroes dealing with PTSD and the issues with being a hero, but it changed into being more of a formal Crisis event when Didio wanted to make it bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Definitely. Nightwing: Rebirth #1 is actually more of a transitional issue, so it might be weird to read, but #1 of the run and onward is pretty awesome imo. If you go by volume, it goes:
    I'd also recommend:

If you want a feel of what Nightwing was before getting into a whole run, I'd also recommend reading Higgins' final New 52 issues #28 and #29. You can then read #30 and go into the Grayson series which is a fan-favourite run of so many Dick Grayson fans. That's a five volume series itself, and directly leads into Nightwing: Rebirth #1 and the rest of that run.
    Thanks for that. Picked up Better than Batman. Here's hoping for good reads
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    his name not rick
    So the name change was just a rumor? Ah well, hope the rest of it plays out.

What/when was the first Nightwing/Robin/Dick on going series? I know I could google it, but would like to read people’s opinions. I’ve never read a Nightwing book and would like to start at the beginning. Any other recommended runs would also be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Thanks for that. Picked up Better than Batman. Here's hoping for good reads
    Grayson is absolutely worth the read, if you decide you want to read what he was up to before the current Nightwing series.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    What/when was the first Nightwing/Robin/Dick on going series? I know I could google it, but would like to read people’s opinions. I’ve never read a Nightwing book and would like to start at the beginning. Any other recommended runs would also be appreciated!
    First ever solo stuff? So not including his team-up adventures in Detective Comics and Batman, I think that would be Star-Spangled Comics (it's apparently been collected in two volumes called the Robin Archives).

What you're probably looking for is the first and second series of Nightwing, you can read that with Vol. 1: Bludhaven, then Vol. 2 Rough Justice, and that goes all the way up to Vol. 7: Shrike as of now, Vol. 8: Lethal Force comes out in November.

There's also the newest series following Rebirth, which makes for a great starting point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'd also recommend:

If you want a feel for what Nightwing has become in recent times, I'd also recommend reading Higgins' final New 52 issues #28 and #29. You can then read #30 and go into the Grayson series which is a fan-favourite run of so many Dick Grayson fans. That's a five volume series itself, and directly leads into Nightwing: Rebirth #1 and the rest of that run.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

NTW_50_300-001_HD_5ba139c32033c3.22990874.jpg

DC Comics website. I wish there's a bigger one

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    NTW_50_300-001_HD_5ba139c32033c3.22990874.jpg

DC Comics website. I wish there's a bigger one
    Oh boy! As a long time fan this is nothing but exciting for me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

who would when the story you want to tell could be ripped from under you
    That's honestly the scariest thing to me. I hope to get into comic writing one day and I understand editorial mandates but that's all we seem to hear about these days. What was originally intended or what could've been.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

his name not rick
    I think the whole Rick fiasco came from the heads at DC wanting the change for however many years and someone seeing the Casablanca reference in Titans with Dick and Miss Martian. I really hope that's it and that they don't try to pull some BS with Lobdell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think they view it as forcing him out. This is just what Dick and Nightwing are. He is a disposable piece to be used in Batman's narrative and they don't really care what happens with him afterwards. It isn't bigger than that. It is just convenient that they can give him amnesia and don't have to bother using him in the HiC story when they weren't interested in using him in it when his "place" in the DCU suggests he should be more involved than he is.

And I don't think there is going to be much connection to the Bane story in Batman and the HiC event. I think the HiC event was a story King wanted to tell about heroes dealing with PTSD and the issues with being a hero, but it changed into being more of a formal Crisis event when Didio wanted to make it bigger.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. Didio might have figured out another way to kill Dick Grayson--just exile him from everything and let him wither away.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. Didio might have figured out another way to kill Dick Grayson--just exile him from everything and let him wither away.
    It's a war of attrition. The heads of DC have this stupid notion in their heads that only certain characters can be around instead of everyone. So they kill off, maim, and exile those they don't want away.