Page 54 of 182 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So Dick was probably 22 or 23 when he graduated if he did normal college. Assuming he didn't skip grades or anything like that. I always saw Dick becoming Nightwing when he was 19 or 20.
    I think that's pretty much been the case in the comics, setting aside Earth-2 where he stuck on as Robin well into his adult years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's pretty much been the case in the comics, setting aside Earth-2 where he stuck on as Robin well into his adult years.
    Just seems weird to me that he isn't Nightwing yet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm all about Dick. Nightwing is a great character and I'm scared of what might be happening to him soon if the rumors are true. Amnesia...jeez that's like an 80's soap opera method when you don't know what to write to make something interesting. *sigh*

Anyway, I loved the two stories where Dick took the mantle, Prodigal and the Grant Morrison era. Richard and Damian were such an incredible duo that I wish they were together in an ongoing title. Even if just for a bit, it would be fun. Doubt it'll happen, but I can dream at least.

Just seems weird to me that he isn't Nightwing yet.
    I imagine they're building up to that. Especially with Jason becoming Robin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    I just wanted to pop in and say I'm all about Dick. Nightwing is a great character and I'm scared of what might be happening to him soon if the rumors are true. Amnesia...jeez that's like an 80's soap opera method when you don't know what to write to make something interesting. *sigh*

Anyway, I loved the two stories where Dick took the mantle, Prodigal and the Grant Morrison era. Richard and Damian were such an incredible duo that I wish they were together in an ongoing title. Even if just for a bit, it would be fun. Doubt it'll happen, but I can dream at least.
    Welcome to the thread and agree on your points .

I imagine they're building up to that. Especially with Jason becoming Robin.

Welcome to the thread and agree on your points .
    I know they are building up to it, I'm more commenting on the weird creative choices for Dick's history/status quo. At this point in this universe he's basically operating as Nightwing but just in the Robin costume. Building up to the point of Dick being an independent hero, Nightwing, feels unnecessary since he is already independent as Robin, you know?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I know they are building up to it, I'm more commenting on the weird creative choices for Dick's history/status quo. At this point in this universe he's basically operating as Nightwing but just in the Robin costume. Building up to the point of Dick being an independent hero, Nightwing, feels unnecessary since he is already independent as Robin, you know?
    I think the point of it is that there's still that attachment and issue with Batman that he's dealing with, and probably becoming Nightwing will mean he's finally leaving that behind.

I think the point of it is that there's still that attachment and issue with Batman that he's dealing with, and probably becoming Nightwing will mean he's finally leaving that behind.
    Probably.

BANNED

I think you can "be your own man" and still be on speaking terms with your family. DC could help this confusion by spelling things out a bit. As it stands now, Jason is the only orphan kid Bruce has admitted to adopting. Thankfully, Damian (at the moment) remains a biological son. Tim has living parents, so there is no explanation why he's living with Bruce. Are Duke's parents going to be under the Joker spell forever? Dick was officially on some orphan work program and thus has no legal standing within the family. The Max Allan Collins hatchet job should be tossed out and the Wolfman/Perez transition allowed to stand.

Some people have read Nightwing #50 and are unimpressed and found the new direction off putting.

https://twitter.com/KingImpulse/stat...70627079163906

Mighty Member

Wonder what happened. Not sure if going from bored to unimpressed is good or not.

DC doesn’t even know what they are doing with this new so called direction, so I can’t imagine anything other then leaving readers off put and unimpressed. They did this with out a story and a makeshift plan that fell apart before it even began. And Dick, or Rick, cut off and wandering around Bludhaven trying to be normal isn’t gonna get readers anymore excited about it. Im starting to really think they are just trying burn off the series at this point. This is not how good comics are made. This is how comics they don’t care about and want to fail are made.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-28-2018 at 03:38 PM.

I was listening to a podcast with King on it and came back with two important takeaways regarding Dick’s situation regarding Batman 55 and beyond.

Firstly, King said that the idea that Dick was getting his name changed was silly. So it seems like Bleeding Cool was full of shit on that one.

Secondly, King had talked about how part of his initial plan for Batman was to put a “young, African-American male” (read as Duke) in the cowl, though he indicated that he has backed off that plan somewhat. But given the final chapter of “I Am Gotham,” King’s actions seem clear. Bruce is going to stop being Batman soon, probably the teased event of Batman #75. Given his history and experience, Dick is the obvious choice to step into the cowl. King said that that has been played out before, which is why he provided such little fanfare on the matter in Batman 53-55. In order to make someone else the Bat, King is taking Dick off the board.

If my hunch is true, it’s certainly frustrating.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I was listening to a podcast with King on it and came back with two important takeaways regarding Dick’s situation regarding Batman 55 and beyond.

Firstly, King said that the idea that Dick was getting his name changed was silly. So it seems like Bleeding Cool was full of shit on that one.

Secondly, King had talked about how part of his initial plan for Batman was to put a “young, African-American male” (read as Duke) in the cowl, though he indicated that he has backed off that plan somewhat. But given the final chapter of “I Am Gotham,” King’s actions seem clear. Bruce is going to stop being Batman soon, probably the teased event of Batman #75. Given his history and experience, Dick is the obvious choice to step into the cowl. King said that that has been played out before, which is why he provided such little fanfare on the matter in Batman 53-55. In order to make someone else the Bat, King is taking Dick off the board.

If my hunch is true, it’s certainly frustrating.
    It's . . . . BATDUKE !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Some people have read Nightwing #50 and are unimpressed and found the new direction off putting.

https://twitter.com/KingImpulse/stat...70627079163906
    It comes out next week and they have done 0 promotion. I´m pretty sure they know is off-putting at best and they aren't even trying to sell it.

They are struggling to get it out, let alone promote it. And quite frankly they likely just don’t have anything to really promote with this. Besides that he was shot in the head. The story is being made up, last minute, as they go.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-28-2018 at 04:25 PM.