Page 60 of 182 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

That wasn't bad. I'll give it a go and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That kiss

The only thing I am miffed about is that they are going into such a conventional depiction of Kory's and Raven's powers. Too much fire instead of starbolts wherever green or pink and Raven seems more demon than wichty or connected to mysticism.
    Well that’s what Kory’s starbolts looked like originally. I like that they’re mostly influenced by Wolfman/Perez, as they should be. And she can always get a power up later in the show. As for Raven, I do get what you mean, but as for special effects, I think this was the best they could do and it looks great imo. They went with the demon-spawn angle for the character rather than the outcast of the temple of pacifists that she was originally which is...weird but more in line with modern Raven. At least it gives Dick a bird-themed sidekick of his own lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick and Dove already know each other.
    Yeah this makes sense, we know Dick has history with Donna as well, so it’s not surprising. Might mean there was a Haney’s era Teen Titans led by Dick in the past, which is cool imo. And side from that, seeing Dick around other heroes like this gives off the vibe that he’s central to this universe at least.

That preview to #50 looks fine enough, Travis Moore can make almost anything look good I guess, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Cool, when does Dick show up?
    Maybe once Lobdell leaves, if there still a book at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Nightwing has impressively managed to downgrade with every writer since Rebirth. I want to say I honestly don't think we can go any lower from here, but DC will probably manage to shock me.

I would say maybe Tynion, but, mind-blowingly enough, he's too high-profile for Dick now.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Nightwing has impressively managed to downgrade with every writer since Rebirth. I want to say I honestly don't think we can go any lower from here, but DC will probably manage to shock me.

I would say maybe Tynion, but, mind-blowingly enough, he's too high-profile for Dick now.
    DiDio. Yes, He’s High Profile but he’s also worse than anyone else, that man actively hates Nightwing
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    DiDio. Yes, He’s High Profile but he’s also worse than anyone else, that man actively hates Nightwing
    Didio saw Nightwing as the redundant half-Robin stuck in pointless Blüdhaven that he is and saw no value in that. And he's correct. After he gave up trying to kill him, he's tried to address this problem in different ways such as Grayson. So he's good in my book.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Someone brought up Babs having Dicks memory in the bleeding edge tech.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well that’s what Kory’s starbolts looked like originally. I like that they’re mostly influenced by Wolfman/Perez, as they should be. And she can always get a power up later in the show. As for Raven, I do get what you mean, but as for special effects, I think this was the best they could do and it looks great imo. They went with the demon-spawn angle for the character rather than the outcast of the temple of pacifists that she was originally which is...weird but more in line with modern Raven. At least it gives Dick a bird-themed sidekick of his own lol.

Yeah this makes sense, we know Dick has history with Donna as well, so it’s not surprising. Might mean there was a Haney’s era Teen Titans led by Dick in the past, which is cool imo. And side from that, seeing Dick around other heroes like this gives off the vibe that he’s central to this universe at least.

That preview to #50 looks fine enough, Travis Moore can make almost anything look good I guess, lmao.
    shrugs

I have read all the Wolfman/Perez comics,
    I never got the impression that her hands was shooting fire like the Human Torch.
    They look more like laser blasts whether they were red,orange,yellow, pink
    They look similar to the optic blasts that Cyclops shoots from his eyes and they don't look like fire.

What she shoots from her hands has been referred to as starbolts since New Teen Titans issue #2.
    It's why she was named Starfire. Robin even mentioned that when he was frustrated with Starfire's destroying robots that he viewed as clues. He put her arms around her and knocked her down to the ground to make her stop shooting and voiced his concerns to his teammates that she's too dangerous to be let free with her power and that she seems to relishe violence and said that if only she could speak their language, if they could talk to her. That was right before she kissed him and became able to verbally communicate with him and the team.
    That was all in New Teen Titans issue #2.
    She always referred to the energy that she shoots from her hands as starbolts.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-01-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Didio saw Nightwing as the redundant half-Robin stuck in pointless Blüdhaven that he is and saw no value in that. And he's correct. After he gave up trying to kill him, he's tried to address this problem in different ways such as Grayson. So he's good in my book.
    I like Didio only in the "I want Dick Grayson to be different" stage and stops there because his ideas aren't exactly good. We lucked out on Grayson, and I don't know how much of DickBats and Dicknesia is his or the authors. Then there's the whole thing with Titans generation in general, where he chose to erase most of them instead of insisting they need to have a good story.

Mighty Member

Just heard from people that #50 was bad. Good thing I'm not buying that shit. Dick deserves better and I'm not wasting my money on hopeless dreams.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yay! Now they can cancel this faster. The longest bet I'm willing to give this is a year. They already solicit for 2 months, but people are already saying everywhere they're jumping ship. Let's see if we can cancel this in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Just heard from people that #50 was bad. Good thing I'm not buying that shit. Dick deserves better and I'm not wasting my money on hopeless dreams.
    Right behind you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    FANTASTIC!
    I couldn't get the DC streaming service in my country, but I sure as hell have Netflix. That's awesome news, plus this trailer looks way better that the earlier ones, better editing, better music choices and wow, it looks like Dick/Kori is already gonna be a thing. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    FANTASTIC!
    I couldn't get the DC streaming service in my country, but I sure as hell have Netflix. That's awesome news, plus this trailer looks way better that the earlier ones, better editing, better music choices and wow, it looks like Dick/Kori is already gonna be a thing. :P
    I was there with you. I have Netflix here, saw they added YJ a few months ago and was hoping for them to announce Titans as well. And they delivered. There is even a trailer with spanish subtitles in their account for my country in YT now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Nothing felt particularly Dick Grayson about this. It was just some generic action hero type. Kinda like the diner scene from Jack Reacher.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics