Page 64 of 182 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Hey, I've been a little quiet on these forums for a while now. I haven't liked the direction that the books in my pull list have been going ie: Damians character regression in TT or Dick disbanding the OG Titans on Bruce's orders etc.

As of last week, I finally threw in the towel. I won't be buying any more DC books until Dick Grayson gets a decent new direction and a dedicated creative team, well at least a decent long term writer.

I stuck with many books I actively disliked out of some bizarre loyalty to characters, Abnetts Titans and Tynions Tec for example, but DC have finally and absolutely worn me down.

I'm not proud to admit but I was taken in by "the wedding" hype. That issue turned out to be a bit of a wet fart. Still, I enjoyed the majority of Kings run, so I kept Batman on my pull list. Then he goes and shoots my favourite character in the head so that Bruce can feel some quality man-pain. I dont know how much of it was Kings decision or if it was an editorial demand and I don't care. It's hugely disheartening to have the entire tone and direction of the Nightwing book change on a whim, sacrificed so that Batman can get some character development. It's a lousy way to treat fans who bought the previous 49 issues. Also this whole amnesia thing is trite. Bruce recovered from amnesia not too long ago himself. I'm getting shades of The Killing Joke and Forever Evil off this whole thing. The Killing Joke similarities are obvious, a beloved character gets thrown under the bus to push Batman, blessedly without the gross sexual assault though. The Forever Evil thing is just a hunch, I have a feeling Dick is just going to be a passive victim. The reckoning will be between Bruce and Bane and Dick will be relegated to a throw away plot device.

The main catalyst for my decision was Wallys death in Heroes in Crisis. I was, thankfully, spoiled before I bought it. I think we all guessed that Roy was going to die. I dislike these sensationalist deaths but for me, Roy has pretty much been dead since Cry for Justice. I was ok with it. Wally is another matter. He was the only reason I bought Titans. He was imo the only character Abnett could write well, as evidenced by being able to slot Kyle into Dicks place because Abnett wrote the most generic leader character ever. I feel so bad for the hard-core Wally fans who campaigned for his return, only to have him used as cannon fodder to hype a new event.

Ah! Rant over, sorry for taking up so much room. I'll be relying on you guys to get a feel for how the current arc in Nightwing is going and how poor Dick fairs under Lobdell. I dont like pirating things so i have to use you guys as guinea pigs

Can someone update me on the whole Rick situation please? Tell me it's not permanent, I'm begging you

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Hey, I've been a little quiet on these forums for a while now. I haven't liked the direction that the books in my pull list have been going ie: Damians character regression in TT or Dick disbanding the OG Titans on Bruce's orders etc.

As of last week, I finally threw in the towel. I won't be buying any more DC books until Dick Grayson gets a decent new direction and a dedicated creative team, well at least a decent long term writer.

I stuck with many books I actively disliked out of some bizarre loyalty to characters, Abnetts Titans and Tynions Tec for example, but DC have finally and absolutely worn me down.

I'm not proud to admit but I was taken in by "the wedding" hype. That issue turned out to be a bit of a wet fart. Still, I enjoyed the majority of Kings run, so I kept Batman on my pull list. Then he goes and shoots my favourite character in the head so that Bruce can feel some quality man-pain. I dont know how much of it was Kings decision or if it was an editorial demand and I don't care. It's hugely disheartening to have the entire tone and direction of the Nightwing book change on a whim, sacrificed so that Batman can get some character development. It's a lousy way to treat fans who bought the previous 49 issues. Also this whole amnesia thing is trite. Bruce recovered from amnesia not too long ago himself. I'm getting shades of The Killing Joke and Forever Evil off this whole thing. The Killing Joke similarities are obvious, a beloved character gets thrown under the bus to push Batman, blessedly without the gross sexual assault though. The Forever Evil thing is just a hunch, I have a feeling Dick is just going to be a passive victim. The reckoning will be between Bruce and Bane and Dick will be relegated to a throw away plot device.

The main catalyst for my decision was Wallys death in Heroes in Crisis. I was, thankfully, spoiled before I bought it. I think we all guessed that Roy was going to die. I dislike these sensationalist deaths but for me, Roy has pretty much been dead since Cry for Justice. I was ok with it. Wally is another matter. He was the only reason I bought Titans. He was imo the only character Abnett could write well, as evidenced by being able to slot Kyle into Dicks place because Abnett wrote the most generic leader character ever. I feel so bad for the hard-core Wally fans who campaigned for his return, only to have him used as cannon fodder to hype a new event.

Ah! Rant over, sorry for taking up so much room. I'll be relying on you guys to get a feel for how the current arc in Nightwing is going and how poor Dick fairs under Lobdell. I dont like pirating things so i have to use you guys as guinea pigs

Can someone update me on the whole Rick situation please? Tell me it's not permanent, I'm begging you
    We will when we have more info. Dick basically said his name doesn't matter and said every form of Richard and Gray/Grayson is his name.

Also he says Ric not Rick. Apparently he's trying to pull a Nature Boy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    We will when we have more info. Dick basically said his name doesn't matter and said every form of Richard and Gray/Grayson is his name.

Also he says Ric not Rick. Apparently he's trying to pull a Nature Boy.
    Wooooooooo! Seriously, thanks though. I appreciate it.

There is a some good news. Despite DCs streaming service not being available in Europe, Titans is going to be on Netflix, in the EU anyway. I'm going to give it a try. The 2nd trailer was a lot stronger than the first

Default Rick Grayson- Gray, Grayson, Richard, Rich, Ric, Dick Appreciation Thread

Whatever Bea, doesn't matter
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Bro this is my favorite character ever. He's so nuanced and cool. Like he doesn't care and thats just you know, like so cool.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Wooooooooo! Seriously, thanks though. I appreciate it.

There is a some good news. Despite DCs streaming service not being available in Europe, Titans is going to be on Netflix, in the EU anyway. I'm going to give it a try. The 2nd trailer was a lot stronger than the first
    Check out the Rich Grayson appreciation thread, it has a screenshot from the issue.

Updated solicits for Nightwing 53. Could the mods please correct the the Thread name to read Ric Grayson?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Don't clog up the forum with multiple appreciation threads.

Mighty Member

Well, do we have a combined thread for Thomas Wayne and Bruce Wayne? No. Ric Grayson is a different character. Why does Dick Grayson have to let his asshole frat brother in his thread? I vote for a separate thread.

Ric Grayson..

Fuck you DC

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Well, for what its worth Tomasi said that we should expect to see Nightwing and Damian on Tec. Lets hope he ignores everything.
    You sure that's not thrown out with the rest of the babies and bathwater?

Incredible Member

I had to read the issue 3 times so I could be fair. It wasn’t a bad issue. I’m struggling to understand why they did this especially given the Titans series is about to drop. I have to admit the story is ripe with possibility. As a fan of fight club I can’t lie I enjoyed this version of Dick. If he could find a balance between this and what he was that would be interesting IMO. Trying to be positive and give this a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I had to read the issue 3 times so I could be fair. It wasn’t a bad issue. I’m struggling to understand why they did this especially given the Titans series is about to drop. I have to admit the story is ripe with possibility. As a fan of fight club I can’t lie I enjoyed this version of Dick. If he could find a balance between this and what he was that would be interesting IMO. Trying to be positive and give this a chance.
    Stories ripe with possibilities are generally the most disappointing because they miss out or don't use the potential.

I'm probably in the minority but while I'm not excited about where we are, I'm looking forward to where this arc will end up, if standard story tropes hold out. And the art? Spectacular.

Yes, even the flashback art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

Whatever Bea, doesn't matter
    And he's wearing mom jeans, too.