Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

I'm not sure how I feel about those blue bits on his forearms and calves.

They do harken back to Dick's early 90's suit; the one in between Discowing and the minimalist black-blue he's been wearing since his first solo (or just before, actually). You know, the one with the dark blue body suit with the yellow accents. The Knightfall era costume.

But most artists put these weird spiky angles on the current suit's forearm and leg accents that dont fit at all with the rest of the suit's sensibilities. It really rubs me the wrong way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That Miss Martian redesign is 10/10. Really wish Donna would get one without the armor and swords.
    thats the best costume she has had in her entire run

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about those blue bits on his forearms and calves.

They do harken back to Dick's early 90's suit; the one in between Discowing and the minimalist black-blue he's been wearing since his first solo (or just before, actually). You know, the one with the dark blue body suit with the yellow accents. The Knightfall era costume.

But most artists put these weird spiky angles on the current suit's forearm and leg accents that dont fit at all with the rest of the suit's sensibilities. It really rubs me the wrong way.
    If the fingerstripes were added Dick's costume would be perfect. The arm Vs are nice but its missing the lines.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

NIGHTWING #52
    written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    art by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by KAMOME SHIRAHAMA
    Who is Dick Grayson? That’s the question haunting him after the devastating injury he suffered in BATMAN #55. Now, as he continues to struggle physically and emotionally, how can he stand against the terrifying “fear germ” unleashed by the Scarecrow?
    ON SALE 11.07.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    NIGHTWING #53
    written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    art by TRAVIS MOORE
    cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by PAOLO PANTALENA
    Who is Dick Grayson? That’s the question haunting him after the devastating injury he suffered in Batman #55. Now, as he continues to struggle physically and emotionally, how can he stand against the terrifying “fear germ” unleashed by the Scarecrow?
    ON SALE 11.07.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    Injury? What were those old 4Chan leaks again?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

Injury? What were those old 4Chan leaks again?
    Lol. Last month’s Batman solicits already said Dick was injured. These are regurgitating information to prevent spoilers. Those 4chan spoilers were from a couple weeks ago, which was a little bit after his injury was mentioned in solicits. I’m pretty sure those rumours and the set that came next were all debunked by Stjepan Sejic too.

TRAVIS MOORE is drawing Nightwing again! That's good at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Lol. Last month’s Batman solicits already said Dick was injured. These are regurgitating information to prevent spoilers. Those 4chan spoilers were from a couple weeks ago, which was a little bit after his injury was mentioned in solicits. I’m pretty sure those rumours and the set that came next were all debunked by Stjepan Sejic too.
    Ah lol I’m outta the loop
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think I've basically lost interest in the current Nightwing run. Nothing in those solicits really excites me or makes me want to continue it. I'm a bit interested in the upcoming issues since they aren't stuck in Bludhaven and reference some of the Morrison craziness, but I don't know if I really feel like following the series anymore after that. Forcing an injury on him to drum up some drama while making him miserable just sounds so unappealing to me.

I really feel like Dick's character is stuck in such a dull place at the moment. I think Bluehaven through 3 different creators has failed again, I don't care about the new villains or threat, I'm completely indifferent to any romance with Babs or Starfire, Dick is completely irrelevant to any of the bigger DC stories going on, Dick dealing with some injury and another dumb fallout with Bruce sounds dreadful, and Titans is a garbage pile like usual. It is all so disheartening that it might be best to just bow out for a good while.

The rumors was he’s getting a metal arm lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The rumors was he’s getting a metal arm lol.
    And a new identity: "The Winter Talon." LOL. I guess with Dick getting injured, Bruce is gonna fire him from being Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I really feel like Dick's character is stuck in such a dull place at the moment.
    He's definitely hit the glass ceiling, and DC won't let him break through. They've just got him recycling the same narratives. I'm sure DC is satisfied with what they get out of Nightwing (his sales are pretty impressive considering they don't invest much in him) but I feel like it wouldn't take much to nudge him into a higher stature.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing has to become more than mini Batman. Dc has no interest in that because they already have Batman. But nightwing fans wants dick to be that.

As long as Nightwing is in his 90s/00s status quo, Dc will not invest in him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Nightwing has to become more than mini Batman. Dc has no interest in that because they already have Batman. But nightwing fans wants dick to be that.

What investment is needed? Just go to the San Dee Comic Con and pick up a decent new writer who loves the character enough to take him where he needs to go and will work for pennies. There's got to be thousands of them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post

DC chooses the statusque. They like the 90s/00s statusque because it’s proven, easy, and requires minimal investment. The comic side doesn’t seem want to invest more they have, and seem content with what they have. It’s the same with the Titans. They don’t care about the quality or what the creators on the books are actually doing with him. As long it’s something, it’s seems they’re content. It’s why they had no plan after Seeley left, and why the Titans can portray him so poorly, and contradict the character and even what other creators are doing with him.

That doesn’t mean Percy isn’t trying or working hard to make something good though. Don’t get me wrong.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-20-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    He's definitely hit the glass ceiling, and DC won't let him break through. They've just got him recycling the same narratives. I'm sure DC is satisfied with what they get out of Nightwing (his sales are pretty impressive considering they don't invest much in him) but I feel like it wouldn't take much to nudge him into a higher stature.
    This. All Dick needs is just one last push but DC is too reluctant to give him that. They'd rather invest in the New Age Heroes and watch most of those new-launched titles flopping in six issues instead of using a little of the resources to maximize the selling potential of one of their most popular characters. Funny.