Page 71 of 182 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2724
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Nah. Yeah Dick is being neglected but in a few months all this Wonder Comics hype will die when pretty much most of their books start struggling. YJ by itself cant carry an entire line. No need to panic. Dick will bounce back big time, at the end of the day YJ is a nostalgia trip written by a controversial and overstretched writer.
    Yeah. Tim fans are loud and proud, but Damian fans are a whole different ballgame. There're the ones that are online and in discussion groups and attending cons and seem to be a minority and then there are...the other ones. The older ones that scare Didio, Johns, the rest of DC's editorial board and many of their writers because they don't know where they came from, adults in their late 20s and older don't suddenly start reading comics.

Remember that the average Damian fan is over thirty, has children, prefers digital over floppies and live tv, and makes purchasing decisions. If YJ wants to survive, both as a cartoon* and a comic, it has to woo the Damian fan base. Upsetting them gets a writer's pet character put on a bus. It's what happened to Harper, it's what's been happening to Tim, it's why every Duke writer makes sure to have Duke fan boy Damian to try and stave off their anger.

More importantly, Damian fans universally adore Dick. It's why Grayson survived and had librarians (who are known for liking Damian) listing it as a must read comic in End of Year favorites. Right now, Dick and Damian seem to be endangered and neglected. In a few months, they go back to Papa Tomasi in Detective Comics. Which, it should be noted, the con panels are avoiding mentioning.

Why? Because if, when, Tomasi brings back all the old Batman & Robin fans, and adds in all the new Damian fans his Detective Comics will be in the monthly top ten both digitally and hard copy. It will drag up Super Sons, Teen Titans, and Nightwing in sales, all of which already have acceptable floppy sales and huge digital sales. Single dad Bruce balancing work life, relationships with adult, near adult children, and the unexpected late child is incredibly relatable; much more so than the Bruce Wayne that King's been writing. People loved Batman and Robin: it allowed them to re-self insert themselves as Dick or Bruce. Tomasi knows this, Snyder has accepted it, Priest was amazed by it (and how starved fans are for it), others who aren't super star writers realize it and embrace it even if it means they don't get the diamond sales and have to rely on digital love.

Let Bendis, Johns, and Didio come for Dick and Damian. They've already attempted to destroy and eliminate them and failed. Tomasi has a crop of newer writers eager to write Dick and Damian stories, and a large fan base. This is a fight Dick and Damian fans have won before, they will win it again.

*Damian will appear in the cartoon, whether or not the writers want him to. Some people might recall how Veronica Mars and Stephanie Brown fans saved their characters by bombarding the executives with food. Damian fans upped their game by sending birth announcements. According to the Social Security baby name database, there are over 50,000 boys born after 2007 named Damian. If you dig deep into the demographics, their births are correlate with periods after Damian's deaths. In other words, all of them are named for a comic character from the beloved ship of their parents' teens and childhood. Young Justice creators understand this demographic is the one to acknowledge. As much as Johns and Didio hate him, Damian is the marketable Robin, Dick and Jon are part of his appeal. It'd be shocking if the Super Sons don't appear in the cartoon.

BANNED

Not sure if serious.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    King talked about this in a podcast. HiC was never going to be a small story. Didio wanted King to write an event, and King pitched Sanctuary and a murder mystery because he didn't want to write another cosmic/multiverse event so soon after Metal. It was alwaya going to be a big event. Didio just gave King the list of characters to be on the chopping block.
    What podcast ? I’d like to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Not sure if serious.
    I think so...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    But is Damian really in that much danger? Just from what I have heared even with TT cancelled and Supersons being just a mini, Snyder is supposedly using him in an upcoming arc, Priest loves the character, he'll appear in Detective Comics, he has been the biggest constant besides Barbara in Nightwing, and he has a chance to appear in Batman. With both Damian and Jon not appearing anywhere regularly they might even get another ongoing together.
    TT is canselled?

Appart from this, I think the current situation s just because they havr Batman again in one of his "loner phases", I don't think they will end that phas before Kings is done with his run.

And when it comes to Dick, I doubt what we will get this time will be as bad as what they did after the death of Block Buster.

Mighty Member

Nightwing will always bounce back, but the question is when. A year will feel like an eternity for me. If it lasts a few years, I might stop reading comic books at all. There is Dick Grayson content outside of comics. It will continue growing, especially if we get a Nightwing spinoff of Titans. There is also Young Justice and DCEU soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    TT is canselled?

Appart from this, I think the current situation s just because they havr Batman again in one of his "loner phases", I don't think they will end that phas before Kings is done with his run.

And when it comes to Dick, I doubt what we will get this time will be as bad as what they did after the death of Block Buster.
    No, it isn't. Sorry, I should have made it clear that I was just responding to the comments that theorized TT might end because YJ is coming back in relation to Damian's standing with the higher-ups of DC.

Dick will bounce back. DC takes a lot of liberties with him and I think part of that is because he is a safe bet. He is so beloved and so Iconic he can take danger and come out still adored. He has a place in DC and comic's that can never be erased or filled another. He is the sidekick. The Robin. A vital component of the Batman story.

Dick is a pop culture even to newer generations. When Damian was introduced to DCSHG fans of the show were asking is that Dick Grayson, is that TT Robin? That's kids. The next generation of comic readers already adore him. DC is using him like crap now but Dick will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I really wish Travis Moore was drawing Nightwing for LITERALLY ANY OTHER ARC

I mean damn.
    His hair looks so fluffy

BANNED

I like fluffy better than skinhead.

Oh, boy.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42267-nycc...dc-nation.html

Another fan says he buys comics because he's waiting for Nightwing and Batgirl to get together. DiDio says its never going to happen.

A fan asks why DiDio hates Nightwing.

"The reason that I hate Nightwing is that he's getting older... The reason people like Nightwing because he aged with them. But Batman can't get older." - DiDio

DiDio is worried that one day there could be a story where Nightwing is older than Batman.

DiDio says that the problem is that as characters get older, they start to get more and more similar and DC keeps having characters fill similar roles.

DiDio jokes that he hates Wally because he's tired of people asking why he hates Dick Grayson.

So a fan Didio at NYCC of why he hates Dick is because he don't like growing him up because he will similar to Bruce. Same with Wally West

Didio needs to fucking quit this BS by not allowing characters to grow because he's blinded by nostalgia (I.e. such a putting Babs as Batgirlby benching Cass and Steph), and doing Editorial Mandate aka Executive Meddling that's damaging the brand looks worse.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Same shit as always with Didio. I just don't care what he has to say anymore. It just sucks that there is no one at DC now that really is passionate about the character and is willing to go to bat for them. So it just leads to Didio doing what he wants and jerking the character around in order to accommodate Bruce or other generations of characters.

Since I’m tired of Negativity caused by DiDio, here’s a Throwback to happier times (and one of my favourite covers for Nightwing post Rebirth):
    109473D0-ABBE-4DB7-8386-A1FD69D382C6.jpg
    F8C02688-6139-401E-BFD4-64FD867F8685.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

I think Didio just likes trolling people to get 'em going.