Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2724

A Nightwing movie or tv show will increase nightwing's brand recognition and merchandise sales. That will get DC entertainment and WB to invest in nightwing and DC comics will follow.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I hope at least they time Robin transformation into Nightwing in Titans with Dick getting his memory back in comics and returning to Titans so on the off chance someone new watching and wanting to get into comics they get in at the right time.
    After Superior Spider-Man and Grayson separation being controversial a year before Spider-Man movie and Robin birthday, that's about the only logic I can get from the current plan.

On the other hand... you think there's a chance they want to match Ric with the seemingly darker and edgier Dick of Netflix Titans?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I hope at least they time Robin transformation into Nightwing in Titans with Dick getting his memory back in comics and returning to Titans so on the off chance someone new watching and wanting to get into comics they get in at the right time.
    After Superior Spider-Man and Grayson separation being controversial a year before Spider-Man movie and Robin birthday, that's about the only logic I can get from the current plan.

On the other hand... you think there's a chance they want to match Ric with the seemingly darker and edgier Dick of Netflix Titans?
    Bingo... I think they are going to have the personalities line up a little more is what may be the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

God I fucking hate this.

I don't want to see characters be identical to their media counterparts, I want to see them as having logically evolved from them.

Even in my personal experience, I didn't want to read about the Teen Titans CN characters, I wanted to read about the Titans from DC comics who could have conceivably grown FROM the Teen Titans CN characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Can DC comics capitalize Nightwing if he get a popular TV show or movie?

I've understood that the success of movies (like Marvel) don't really increase a lot the number of comic readers. Successful movies attract new audience, but it's difficult they can enter on comics.

Of course, WB and DC entertaiment will be benefit with a successful Nightwing movie, so DC may invest more in the character.
    Well yes and no. Typically a movie doesn't increase the sales of a comic in single issues, but it will increase the trade sales quite a bit. A TV show is more likely to help raise the single issue sales. The Flash show is an example of this happening, but of course this doesn't happen all the time. It would be more about trying to raise the Nightwing brand where DC would potentially want to invest more in it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    God I fucking hate this.

I don't want to see characters be identical to their media counterparts, I want to see them as having logically evolved from them.

Even in my personal experience, I didn't want to read about the Teen Titans CN characters, I wanted to read about the Titans from DC comics who could have conceivably grown FROM the Teen Titans CN characters.
    I never really liked the Teen Titans cartoons. I don't like the tone and style of the cartoon. If it was done in the 90s DC animated universe way with Batman, Superman, and Justice League. It just had too much looney toon-like scenes for me to take it seriously.

The cartoon characters were very different from the comics.
    Starfire is my least favorite Titan in the cartoons.
    Starfire is my favorite Titan in the comics....well......the Wolfman run Titans comics
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I never really liked the Teen Titans cartoons. I don't like the tone and style of the cartoon. If it was done in the 90s DC animated universe way with Batman, Superman, and Justice League. It just had too much looney toon-like scenes for me to take it seriously.

The cartoon characters were very different from the comics.
    Starfire is my least favorite Titan in the cartoons.
    Starfire is my favorite Titan in the comics....well......the Wolfman run Titans comics
    I agree with you. I’m not a fan of the cartoon either. It’s silly and that’s fine if that’s your thing. I prefer more serious content and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I agree with you. I’m not a fan of the cartoon either. It’s silly and that’s fine if that’s your thing. I prefer more serious content and characters.
    I don't mind the cartoon but it isn't targeted at people over the age of 8.

So...

How’d you guys like Titans?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    So...

You know how people complained about the DCEU not having much color?
    Yeah, they went with LESS color here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    So...

I thought it was good. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

I’ll get the app later

Hate to say it, but I think I’ve finally reached a point I’m done with DC. I’ve decided that I’m going to treat the Convergence: Pre- Flashpoint Tieins as the end of my DCU headcanon, anything since is just an Elseworlds, so on a Happier Note:
    97B9ED46-4198-4E11-91DB-C7605D835DAD.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hate to say it, but I think I’ve finally reached a point I’m done with DC. I’ve decided that I’m going to treat the Convergence: Pre- Flashpoint Tieins as the end of my DCU headcanon, anything since is just an Elseworlds, so on a Happier Note:
    97B9ED46-4198-4E11-91DB-C7605D835DAD.jpg
    In another Convergence, Dick was married to Starfire. In other words, he got the best of both worlds.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In another Convergence, Dick was married to Starfire. In other words, he got the best of both worlds.
    "The best of both worlds" It's the perfect way to say this.

I don't read a lot about Convergence, so I don't know much how this worked. There were two different Dicks, right?
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-12-2018 at 06:27 PM.