Page 82 of 182 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2724

LoL, creators are just running from this.

NIGHTWING #56

written by SCOTT LOBDELL and FABIAN NICIEZA
    art by GARRY BROWN
    cover by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    variant cover by OTTO SCHMIDT
    The Nightwings have been picking up the slack Dick Grayson left behind, making a dent in petty crime and cleaning up the streets of Blüdhaven. But as Scarecrow’s plan comes to fruition, it looks like they may have bitten off more than they can chew…putting Grayson in a position he was not prepared for. One where he may be forced to become a hero once more…
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

LoL 6 issues in and still with Lobdell and this Scarecrow story of somebody’s. Ya, I really don’t think this series is long for this world.

Drawing Batman is a step up. Who would decline drawing Batman in favor of some fill-in Nightwing story no one involved cares about?

Still, 4+ months of this dumb amnesia story is frustrating. The Scarecrow and other Nightwings running around just feels to uninteresting, but maybe this forced isolation will be over soon with HiC being further along.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

NIGHTWING #56

art by GARRY BROWN
    cover by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    The Nightwings have been picking up the slack Dick Grayson left behind, making a dent in petty crime and cleaning up the streets of Blüdhaven. But as Scarecrow’s plan comes to fruition, it looks like they may have bitten off more than they can chew…putting Grayson in a position he was not prepared for. One where he may be forced to become a hero once more…
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

LoL 6 issues in and still with Lobdell and this Scarecrow story of somebody’s. Ya, I really don’t think this series is long for this world.
    .... Well it doesnt call him Ric... so progress?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Drawing Batman is a step up. Who would decline drawing Batman in favor of some fill-in Nightwing story no one involved cares about?
    Even in Grayson (a really good comic), the writer and artist let this to go to Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Ha! Thank you, but you must not have seen very much Nightwing art! There are way, way better designs and artists out there. I used to be a freelance pro, but I stopped drawing for......sixteen, seventeen years? And only recently started again after I started watching Justice League Action with my daughter. This cartoony style is totally new for me, my original work was closer to Michael Turner than Pixar.

I guess I love the suit.
    I can totally picture him wearing something like that. I hope he wears something like that in the future.
    It would sure help him when he is fighting metahumans and other very powerful characters
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

NIGHTWING #56

art by GARRY BROWN
    cover by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

That detective guy from the preview must be Nightwing. Losing Travis is a punch to the gut. Once again consistency is killing Nightwing
    Last edited by Shadow Myyst; 10-15-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Even in Grayson (a really good comic), the writer and artist let this to go to Batman.
    They at least lasted longer than an arc into that new direction though, LoL.

But ya, I think it’s clear at this point no one involved in this new direction is invested in it, not even management. They’re just buying time till cancellation. That why 6 issues in and the creative team situation is still a joke. Thats why there’s no new costume or anything to go with this. No interviews or anything about the direction. They’re burning this series off.

BANNED

NIGHTWING #56

art by GARRY BROWN
    cover by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

I think that Grayson is the guy UNDER the ledge, with the parasol and the pink boots. The one on the end of the stick is too old; he's one of the B-team Nightwings. No, I do think you're right--DC wants to cancel Nightwing with no complaint, turn off us hardcore luggage thieves, make the book bad enough that cancelling it is a mercy killing.

Astonishing Member

They at least lasted longer than an arc into that new direction though, LoL.

But ya, I think it’s clear at this point no one involved in this new direction is invested in it, not even management. They’re just buying time till cancellation. That why 6 issues in and the creative team situation is still a joke. Thats why there’s no new costume or anything to go with this. No interviews or anything about the direction. They’re burning this series off.
    Yeah. It's pretty likely they are just waiting the cancellation.

The question is what will happen with Dick after that. Will he start a new Nightwing comic? Will he return to the Titans (as his only comic)? Will he become a supporting character on other comics?
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.

The question is what will happen with Dick after that. Will he start a new Nightwing comic? Will he return to the Titans (as his only comic)? Will he become a supporting character on other comics?
    It does make you wonder. DC has no problem cancelling a book that's still turning a profit (or at least breaking even) so it's not like they need an excuse to drop the title......but the way they're handling it does make it look like they're trying to make us fans want the title gone.

If that's their game, they're winning because I am not even a little interested in any of this.

As for what might follow.....who knows? They could use this to springboard a new title with a new direction......but I'm not sure if DC cares enough to bother. I could see DC writing Dick out completely for a while (it won't last, Dick's too big a name for Didio to sweep under the rug for good) or maybe they'll just stick him in Titans the way they've shoved Damian and Tim off into team books. I really can't say, DC clearly has no clue and no interest when it comes to Nightwing, so the only time we get good stuff is when it's a happy accident, not a plan from management.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I guess I love the suit.
    I can totally picture him wearing something like that. I hope he wears something like that in the future.
    It would sure help him when he is fighting metahumans and other very powerful characters
    I'm glad you like the design. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dick in a costume like mine. But I've also seen some amazing fan art that blows my work out of the water.

Just stayin' humble, yo.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Probably get a new ongoing with a shiny new number one smacked on the front page with whatever new direction they end up with post amnesia.

Dick mentally scars Damian for life.

Mighty Member

Two writers for this abandoned mess. It's like DC is just covering Nightwing with anything they can think of. Cancellation is mercy at this moment. What's next Dick joins a pirate ship?!