Page 84 of 182 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2724
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a wait between cancellation and relaunch (even the Fantastic Four weren't immune to that), but otherwise I do agree with you. DC's being very, very frustrating and I find it easy to be pessimistic about things these days (us Wingnuts have just been getting beat on since Infinite Crisis, right?), but Nightwing is one of DC's most consistent selling titles, and while it doesn't sell like the Trinity and League books, it's one of the best sellers among the rest of the line. From what I hear anyway, I haven't paid much attention to sales figures in quite a while. Assuming that'st the case (correct me if I'm wrong Im too lazy to Google) keeping the book around isn't just smart business, it's blindingly obvious business. I know Didio hates Dick, but I can't imagine that he would be dense enough to remove Nightwing over a personal bias.
    Comic book "pros" are old overpaid fanboys. If I was in Didio's place, I'd do whatever the hell I wanted.

Big bro Dick is a big bro to others outside the Bat Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

I love that issue and reread it a lot. It really feels like those versions of the characters saying goodbye to the readers for a really really long time.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

^ That was the last time Dick and the real Donna were truly on panel together, imo. What we've had since the reboot has been completely hollow and lacks any of the feelings or history those two characters there shared.

Also the last time Dick and Supergirl interacted with each other or even appeared on panel together since Flashpoint started. The two don't even know each other exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a wait between cancellation and relaunch (even the Fantastic Four weren't immune to that), but otherwise I do agree with you. DC's being very, very frustrating and I find it easy to be pessimistic about things these days (us Wingnuts have just been getting beat on since Infinite Crisis, right?), but Nightwing is one of DC's most consistent selling titles, and while it doesn't sell like the Trinity and League books, it's one of the best sellers among the rest of the line. From what I hear anyway, I haven't paid much attention to sales figures in quite a while. Assuming that'st the case (correct me if I'm wrong Im too lazy to Google) keeping the book around isn't just smart business, it's blindingly obvious business. I know Didio hates Dick, but I can't imagine that he would be dense enough to remove Nightwing over a personal bias.
    Yeah, and the Batman office isn't going to let the character to to the JL/Titans office too. So they will continue to use the character and be the ones driving his direction. I mean the Grayson series had a small break, like a month or two, when they were trying to quickly put together the Grayson book on short notice. I think that small break is the only time the character hasn't been in some kind of continuous solo publication since the 90s.

BANNED

Every time I think DC has hit the lowest point possible, they turn around and surprise me. The Bat office doesn't want to use Grayson, they won't let any other group use him, and the Publisher hates him and wants him killed off. Have I missed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Every time I think DC has hit the lowest point possible, they turn around and surprise me. The Bat office doesn't want to use Grayson, they won't let any other group use him, and the Publisher hates him and wants him killed off. Have I missed anything?
    Can't forget two of his closest friends, pre-Flashpoint at least, were recently killed off as well. Another has become an alcoholic. And the other two have kind of dropped off the radar.

BANNED

Can't forget two of his closest friends, pre-Flashpoint at least, were recently killed off as well. Another has become an alcoholic. And the other two have kind of dropped off the radar.
    Thanks for the reminder. What happened to Wally and Roy makes me sick; at least Dick is sort of still in some sort of existence. And this with Donna doing a Tony Stark: Logically speaking, if she IS just an animated THING, would alcohol even affect her?

Garth is returning to Titans next week so I wouldnt say he’s off the radar
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Sadly, Dick is part of a generation that DC doesn't know what to do. He's too old to be a sidekick, but DC won't put him at the JL.

Besides Batman office, the other office that can use him Teen Titans office (Titans seems to be part of Teen Titan). Dick can't grow in both places.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Sadly, Dick is part of a generation that DC doesn't know what to do. He's too old to be a sidekick, but DC won't put him at the JL.

Besides Batman office, the other office that can use him Teen Titans office (Titans seems to be part of Teen Titan). Dick can't grow in both places.
    Is there a Teen Titans office?I think both TT and Titans are under Superman Office control.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Is there a Teen Titans office?I think both TT and Titans are under Superman Office control.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't one.

If those characters are run by a separate office/group thats seriously stupid.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I need to understand something..

Ric grayson... After burn his nighting costumes now he changed his name too?

Mighty Member

Ric sucks. Bring back my Dick! DC, bring him back!

Mighty Member

Everyone wants to sleep with him? That's gotta suck. Amarite?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't one.

If those characters are run by a separate office/group thats seriously stupid.
    I do not know if there are a Teen Titans office today, although New 52 started with a section dedicated to young heroes (Teen Titans was the main).

However, we can see that Titans is considered part of Teen Titans in DC Essential Collection: https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/441916

Anyway, my main point is that Nightwing is trapped in two groups (Batman and Titans), where he can not grow.

PS: Why do you think it's stupid the characters are run by different offices?