Page 85 of 182 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2724
    Mighty Member

No matter the department, it's still DC. They don't like Dick. They will continue sabotaging him. They don't care. What's gotta change?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I need to understand something..

Ric grayson... After burn his nighting costumes now he changed his name too?
    No one under 55 would go by Dick these days, so technically, it makes sense. But out of tradition, I don't like it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

September sales are in. Nightwing #48 and #49 are down to 25K. So The Dark Web story manage to keep stable at 26K for most its run but lost 1K during the Silencer race arc. So The Dark Web itself was working as a leak plug, but the people who are not interested probably jump ship after the arc ends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    No one under 55 would go by Dick these days, so technically, it makes sense. But out of tradition, I don't like it.
    I don't think Ric is permanent.

I suspect DC wants we hate the name Ric so much, then when they use Richard as his "new" name, we will accept that.

Honestly, if that's DC plan, it's working.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't think Ric is permanent.

I suspect DC wants we hate the name Ric so much, then when they use Richard as his "new" name, we will accept that.

Honestly, if that's DC plan, it's working.
    No one will accept Richard. People will just continue being angry. They tried Richard in the New52. It didn't work. Dick is Dick. And to make it clear: Dick is Dick.

Mighty Member

If you read the latest solicitation, the whole arc is a filler issue. Everything is going back. The next issues are pointless.

If they wanted to change his name...they should have just done it with issue 1 of New 52 or Rebirth and had some captions/inner monologue/exposition where he just says "I'm Richard Grayson" and then rolled with it. Getting shot in the head and then going "Oh I have a little bit of amnesia and I think my name is Ric" is dumb. Also, just make it Rick. With a k.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I do not know if there are a Teen Titans office today, although New 52 started with a section dedicated to young heroes (Teen Titans was the main).

However, we can see that Titans is considered part of Teen Titans in DC Essential Collection: https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/441916

Anyway, my main point is that Nightwing is trapped in two groups (Batman and Titans), where he can not grow.
    wow, thanks for the information. I only asked out of curiosity. Kind of off topic, sorry

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    If you read the latest solicitation, the whole arc is a filler issue. Everything is going back. The next issues are pointless.
    You mean we get our Dick back?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You mean we get our Dick back?
    That’s not necessarily true. We don’t know how things will go back or in what capacity.

Ric will be gone in less then 7 issues I bet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Ric will be gone in less then 7 issues I bet.
    Yep. Even in Nightwing#51 Alfred still called him master Dick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Yep. Even in Nightwing#51 Alfred still called him master Dick.
    More important than Ric vs Dick, when is he gonna get his hair grown back? I've recently learned a new appreciation for the ponytail AND the mullet.

Comic book "pros" are old overpaid fanboys. If I was in Didio's place, I'd do whatever the hell I wanted.
    Ha, most people would. I mean, that's terrible, terrible business but it's what most people would do. And it's basically what the professionals do, because yeah they're all fans too. I mean, who the hell would get into this industry otherwise, right? I hold Didio and the rest of management to a higher standard though; they've got a bottom line to worry about and profitable IP's to curate. There's not much room in there for personal bias.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

More important than Ric vs Dick, when is he gonna get his hair grown back? I've recently learned a new appreciation for the ponytail AND the mullet.
    I guess Nightwing's hair will be back with Nightwing's identity.
    Anyway, as long as Travis Moore is on the book I am fine with any haircut he draws for Ric.