Page 93 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2724
    Mighty Member

It's depressing that Titans tv is doing the depressed and angry Dick right, while the comics is doing it wrong. When tv writers are doing a better job than comic writers...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Dick has a daughter in Batman Beyond #25. Her name is Elainna.
    And Dick is the mayor of Bludhaven.
    Attachment 72540
    Dick could be a mayor. There is no better leader in the DCU. It's natural for him.

Elainna's mother is most likely Zatanna. She looks like her. I don't remember anyone except her who would name their daughter Elainna. Babs won't. Shawn won't. Helena might but I expect their daughter will not be Snow White pale. Or it might be random. Who knows?

Dick has a daughter in Batman Beyond #25. Her name is Elainna.
    And Dick is the mayor of Bludhaven.
    Attachment 72540
    Isn't the new Batman Beyond a later what if of the comic universe or the still the later years of the DCAU?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Isn't the new Batman Beyond a later what if of the comic universe or the still the later years of the DCAU?
    It's no longer the DCAU. It's continuation of the Future's End Batman Beyond.

Astonishing Member

I saw the sales of Grayson and these were a bit disappointing (especially since this is a pretty good comic).

I mean, these were good and stable, but these were still mid-tier seller. Their sales were no bigger than the previous Nightwing comic (in any case, they seemed to be a bit smaller).

This isn't really good, because DC line of though should have been this: "We (accidentally) put a really good team in a comic for Dick Grayson, but its sales are not really better than Nigthwing comic with a mediocre team, so we should move this talented team to another comic".

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    It's no longer the DCAU. It's continuation of the Future's End Batman Beyond.
    Futures End, what a terrible book.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Saw this and can't help but laugh.

IMG_5012.jpg

Fantastic Member

Luckily we got the tie-in issue Grayson: Futures End, which is one of the best one-shot comics I've ever read.

Luckily we got the tie-in issue Grayson: Futures End, which is one of the best one-shot comics I've ever read.
    A lot of the tie-ins were more interesting than the actual event.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I saw the sales of Grayson and these were a bit disappointing (especially since this is a pretty good comic).

I mean, these were good and stable, but these were still mid-tier seller. Their sales were no bigger than the previous Nightwing comic (in any case, they seemed to be a bit smaller).

This isn't really good, because DC line of though should have been this: "We (accidentally) put a really good team in a comic for Dick Grayson, but its sales are not really better than Nigthwing comic with a mediocre team, so we should move this talented team to another comic".
    The great reputation of Grayson was reflected on the sales of Nightwing: Rebirth, which showed the market expectation on the book.
    Why couldn't Nightwing keep the sales high is another story.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 10-19-2018 at 12:07 PM.

BANNED

The post Rebirth volume retconned most of Future's End out.

The great reputation of Grayson was reflected on the sales of Nightwing: Rebirth, which showed the market expectation on the book.
    How do you know the sales didn't simply reflect fans happy to have Dick back in the suit?

Astonishing Member

It's difficult to say that the sales of Nightwing Rebirth reflect Grayson's popularity since there are other things influencing the sales of Nightwing Rebirth as the group relaunch and Rebirth.

Grayson start strong in its sales too, although the previous Nightwing wasn't so well received. Also, although Grayson was well received, its sales were not so different from the previous Nightwing comic, then I doubt that Grayson has affected so much the sales of Nightwing Rebirth.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-19-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    How do you know the sales didn't simply reflect fans happy to have Dick back in the suit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's difficult to say that the sales of Nightwing Rebirth reflect Grayson's popularity since there are other things influencing the sales of Nightwing Rebirth as the group relaunch and Rebirth.

Grayson start strong in its sales too, although the previous Nightwing wasn't so well received. Also, although Grayson was well received, its sales were not so different from the previous Nightwing comic, then I doubt that Grayson has affected so much the sales of Nightwing Rebirth.
    I am not saying it's the only influential factor on sales. But Nightwing Rebirth sold extremely well--IIRC the sales was only lower than Batman and Harley Quinn. Was there any first book of Nightwing series sold like that?

Astonishing Member

I am not saying it's the only influential factor on sales. But Nightwing Rebirth sold extremely well--IIRC the sales was only lower than Batman and Harley Quinn. Was there any first book of Nightwing series sold like that?
    Well, if I'm not mistaken, Grayson 1 (69k) sold similar to Nightwing Rebirth (72k). So, I think other factors apart from the popularity of the previous Dick Grayson comic influenced more on the sales.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-19-2018 at 01:39 PM.