Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2724
    Incredible Member

I read a Seeley quote about Grayson somewhere: he should be “ the nice Nick Fury”
    Hell yes. He knows everyone, can go anywhere, is a proven combatant and leader, with far superior people skills than his mentor.

I sincerely hope DC can work it’s way back to positioning Dick exactly like that. As been said before, Nightwing doesn’t have to go away.
    But Grayson needs to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I read a Seeley quote about Grayson somewhere: he should be “ the nice Nick Fury”
    Hell yes. He knows everyone, can go anywhere, is a proven combatant and leader, with far superior people skills than his mentor.

I sincerely hope DC can work it’s way back to positioning Dick exactly like that. As been said before, Nightwing doesn’t have to go away.
    In order for that to happen the older generations would need to stop looking at nightwing as a child/sidekick.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    In order for that to happen the older generations would need to stop looking at nightwing as a child/sidekick.

I really don't understand that.

Dick has been Nightwing for 34 years.
    He's been grown up and has been his own man for many years.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    That's the difficult thing.

It's unlikely DC will allow Dick grow, because they think this can negatively affect Batman.

I do not think that this idea of prevent Dick from growing up is something only from the current higher ups of DC. When Dick was allowed to grow up and get the identity of Nightwing was due to two reasons:

- New Teen Titans was extremely succesful, so they allowed Dick to become independent and grow.

- DC wanted to recover Robin identity exclusively for Jason Todd (and Batman franchise).

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I really don't understand that.

Dick has been Nightwing for 34 years.
    He's been grown up and has been his own man for many years.
    Again fans tells me he's his own man! I'll believe it when I see it. Right now nightwing is just robin in blue.

Again fans tells me he's his own man! I'll believe it when I see it. Right now nightwing is just robin in blue.
    That's only because of an antiquated status quo that only certain heads hold to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That's only because of an antiquated status quo that only certain heads hold to.
    so we basicly got wait 15 years for a certain group to get old and die before things can change

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I could live with that as long as it retcons out bald-headed Ric Grayson.
    I can take bald-headed Grayson as an arc or two setback. Generally our heroes get handed a dose of adversity and then they bounce back from it.

What I CAN'T take is the sheer lunacy of trying to change his first name from Dick to Rick. Patently absurd. And all because one of TPTB is afraid of dick jokes???
    He's been DICK Grayson for what...almost 70 years? DC needs to lighten up and not try to change his name as if we weren't attached to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so we basicly got wait 15 years for a certain group to get old and die before things can change
    I don't think a new group of heads for DC will change the situation for Dick. The ideology and data that the current higher ups of DC have agaisnt developing Dick is something that their replacements will probably share too.

After all, the character has been in this situation (considered only a "sidekick" of Batman) for many years. Even before some of the current higher ups appear.

The character need a really strong impulse to overcome this. There are two ways, but none is easy:

- A writer slips in with a pitch DC never even looked at, and it turns out to be some incredible, game changing run that makes DC so much revenue they can't back peddle out of it. In fact, this happened with the New Teen Titans (during some years), when Dick was really independent.

- A larger media adaptation takes off and becomes super popular, and the comics push Dick in an effort to ride the synergy wave.

Which is fair, because its true. Currently Nightwing is supported by bad and seemingly lazy management that does a poor job of reflecting, and protecting, that Nightwing is suppose to represent Dick’s independence. Though independence does not me completely disconnected. That’s not good either.
    And it’s not just in his own title with its current "new direction", but with Abnett’s Titans. Who openly mocked exactly that as he wiped his butt with the character. Honestly right now Nightwing is less then Robin in blue. He’s just fodder. Not even worth the effort to them to find a proper creative team to put on him, even though they want fans to support his titles twice a month. It’s quite frustrating.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-22-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Which is fair, because it true. Currently Nightwing is supported by bad and seemingly lazy management that does a poor job of reflecting, and protecting, that Nightwing is suppose to represent Dick’s independence. Though independence does not me completely disconnected. That’s not good either..
    This is interesting.

At this point, it's true that Dick can't totally disconnect from Batman franchise, since his character would be at risk in the process.

However, his connection with the Batman franchise, it makes difficult that Dick can overcome Batman shadow. He will need something like Harley Quinn miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And it’s not just in his own title with its current "new direction", but with Abnett’s Titans. Who openly mocked exactly that as he wiped his butt with the character. Honestly right now Nightwing is less then Robin in blue. He’s just fodder. Not even worth the effort to them to find a proper creative team put on him, even though they want fans to support his titles twice a month. It’s quite frustrating.
    True.

I was was just going to mention that Robin usually receives a much better treatment than Nightwing.

Just look at comics like Teen Titans or Super Sons for Damian. Even Tim as Robin in Young Justice is going to probably get a better treatment.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-22-2018 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This is interesting.

At this point, it's true that Dick can't totally disconnect from Batman franchise, since his character would be at risk in the process.

However, his connection with the Batman franchise, it makes difficult that Dick can overcome Batman shadow. He will need something like Harley Quinn miracle.

True.

I was was just going to mention that Robin usually receives a much better treatment than Nightwing.

Just look at comics like Teen Titans or Super Sons for Damian. Even Tim as Robin in Young Justice is going to probably get a better treatment.
    I think all of them get better treatment than Nightwing--with the possible exception of Red Hood. We need a dedicated person with a LOT of writing talent; I don't happen to know any at the moment but I'm sure they're out there. Didio would give this person the Nightwing book, an artist, and tell them to stay out of his sight forever. This person--unlike Devin Grayson--would actually write stories that aren't boring and have no political/sexual agenda beyond promoting the character. Word of mouth would do the rest; everybody wants to read that rare comic that's actually GREAT. This person would also refuse to be promoted to a Trinity book because they're such a diehard Wingnut (maybe independently wealthy so they wouldn't need the extra money). This is likely an impossible dream, but if a genie granted me three wishes, this would be one.

I hope Dan Abnett enjoys "wiping his butt" with Kyle Radner; our Dick is better off far, far away from him; the Titans book has been an abortion since he took the assignment. No character should ever be given to a creator that expresses open loathing for it. It and Teen Titans will be likely wiped out by the upcoming HEAVILY HYPED Bendis Young Justice thing, and Tim Drake will again be anointed to Messiah status. Since Tim is taking back the Robin identity (and copyright/trademark stuff), Damian will be shuffled offstage ("They'll 'share' the identity, yeah, right). The blessing is that Bendis will eventually get tired of it and move on to something else--hopefully in my lifetime.

Dick Grayson will outlive all of them. He was born when people had vivid first-hand memories of The Great Depression, and World War II hadn't even started. He'll be around long after Didio, Bendis, and all of them are gone.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 10-22-2018 at 04:59 PM.

This Dick Grayson had more luck than the previous Grayson of Batman Beyond... Mayor and with a daughter(The rest are Grayson memorias about him as Robin).

https://graphicpolicy.com/2018/10/18...man-beyond-25/

Batman Beyond Dick Grayson.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This Dick Grayson had more luck than the previous Grayson of Batman Beyond... Mayor and with a daughter(The rest are Grayson memorias about him as Robin).

https://graphicpolicy.com/2018/10/18...man-beyond-25/

Batman Beyond Dick Grayson.jpg
    "Something about this train . . . " Like maybe a bomb? Darlin' Dan has another dream come true!

Astonishing Member

Excuse me, do you know the current age of Dick?

After Flashpoint, his age was 21. Is this still his age?