Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Ya, I think Damian’s new mentor is pretty clever. Damian’s issue in TTs is how he’s become dissolutioned with how heroes do things. So it makes sense.

Damian and Djinn Was she coming on to him? Boy had no clue.

I like this issue of TT, Damian Djinn little talk was cute lol. But my surprise was at the end.

Am I finally getting the team up I've always wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Am I finally getting the team up I've always wanted?
    RedBird and Wingman together again but with different ids for the 1st time

Seriously though with the level of connections the two have and with how good their banter is surprised DC hasn't milked this before.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I like this issue of TT, Damian Djinn little talk was cute lol. But my surprise was at the end.
    The cutest thing about the interaction I thought was Damian's responses to her. Damian really has no game

Teen Titans keeps getting stronger. Keen to see how Jason / Damian goes. That page with them together looked good and managed to convey a lot just from the set up alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Teen Titans keeps getting stronger. Keen to see how Jason / Damian goes. That page with them together looked good and managed to convey a lot just from the set up alone.

They looked Dangerous. I liked the page too.

Loving the latest TT issue so much.

I liked Damian’s view on the Roundhouse issue, that he thought RH wasn’t ready for this. I was a bit afraid since he ignored RH most of the time and seemed not to care about him except that accepting he’s there in the team, but then seeing him having some kind of ‘responsibility’ for RH’s ‘death’ enlightened me a lot. I wonder what it will be like with him and Roundhouse when the latter comes back to the team.

Damian and Djinn scene was sweet but oh God so awkward... I’m excited to see how the romance will play out.

Finally on Damian and Jason... I totally didn’t see this coming but somehow it made sense and pretty in-character of Damian to go to Jason for something like this, especially considering his pov in TT special and TT#20. Batman will surely be so pissed if/when he finds out about this. Looking forward to seeing more of them teaming up together.

BANNED

Eh Teen Titans is boring me now. The reveal I have no problem with but everything else isn't doing it for me. Would rather see a Damian solo where he works with Jason. The edginess of this book is wearing thin imo, Emiko is utterly unlikable, dont care about Nu Wally and Roundhouse. Djinn and Crush have potential but Titans characters that are not legacies of major heroes are future fodder so I have little incentive to care and the stuff they're doing with Damian is exactly what they did with Tim during the last decade(in spirit atleast). I think I'm done with TT.

Kid Flash worried all this chapter for see that his friend is alive... He wanted use Djinn like the Dragon balls..

I am agree with Damian opinion but I think that Roundhouse choosed leave the team for this or because he is the traitor..

Emiko is one impressive&strict teacher. I can understand why Damian see her as his sucessor(next leader).. I can understand why KF and Emiko are not the best friends, different opinions.. HAHAHHAHA. The day that they are ready, Robin will appear..

WOW.. Black Mask obtained his own cell and has one illegitimate.. THE OTHER should be one MAGICAL being.. Then, is probably related with Djinn.. Christ cruxifixion? That was almost 2000 years. This character is older than Ra´s al Ghul..

I liked DAMIAN&DJINN moment.. I was thinking that Damian would keep the ring(not for control mind) but seems that I was wrong and seems that keep the ring would have been a bad idea..
    What exactly would I need to talk about? HE IS NOT UNDER MIND CONTROL.. Whatever you wish(she can read Damian mind?) HAHA, the rest of this team are listening everything.

Metahuman blood now I understand why she was invisible.. Haha.. Their inexperience made that Cold sister maybe has escaped

WOW.. So he is the secret mentor.. This is the first time that I like Jason new costume.. Maybe because I miss Bizarro&Artemis and for this normally I hate this change.. Gordon? Now I understand why the TT will visit Gotham City..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-20-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Jason is the last person i expected to be Damian's mentor but all makes sense.

He would go to someone close, Someone he trusts and someone who takes a hard line on crime and criminals. Not sure why everyone assumed it would be a bad guy?
    I was more fearing it was a bad guy like Deathstroke or even worse Bane, I think Damian gets enough 'bad guys trying to seduce him over to the dark side' baggage from his mom and grandfather, I didn't wanna see another story like that. So at least this reveal actually makes sense for all the reasons you stated.

For the issue itself, I really like this team, I know right now in the aftermath of RoundHouses death it's all tense conflict and stuff, but (unlike the last team and their near constant whining) it's good conflict, organic conflict, something substantial that the entire team has to deal with and learn from together. Every one is reacting to RH 'death' in their own way and trying to cope with the reality of having a teammate die along with the sense of guilt/responsibility that comes with that. And damn I feel for Damian here, as leader he felt he was at fault despite having nothing to do with the decision that went down with RH's 'death'. I feel like maybe Damian has been feeling much more responsible for the lives around him since No Justice ended and he watched an entire planet get destroyed as well as tons of people displaced, in fact at that very moment in the comic he says, 'my father and the league. They were wrong. We lost'. Then Glass went further with Damian's doubts over traditional heroic methods and added the death of that father from the Middle Eastern family that Damian apparently had a soft spot for as well. Lookin forward to how this all comes together and how this will shape Damians own sense of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    They looked Dangerous. I liked the page too.
    All I could hear from looking at that page was;

Bad boys, bad boys
    Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
    When they come for you

:P

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I was more fearing it was a bad guy like Deathstroke or even worse Bane, I think Damian gets enough 'bad guys trying to seduce him over to the dark side' baggage from his mom and grandfather, I didn't wanna see another story like that. So at least this reveal actually makes sense for all the reasons you stated.

For the issue itself, I really like this team, I know right now in the aftermath of RoundHouses death it's all tense conflict and stuff, but (unlike the last team and their near constant whining) it's good conflict, organic conflict, something substantial that the entire team has to deal with and learn from together. Every one is reacting to RH 'death' in their own way and trying to cope with the reality of having a teammate die along with the sense of guilt/responsibility that comes with that. And damn I feel for Damian here, as leader he felt he was at fault despite having nothing to do with the decision that went down with RH's 'death'. I feel like maybe Damian has been feeling much more responsible for the lives around him since No Justice ended and he watched an entire planet get destroyed as well as tons of people displaced, in fact at that very moment in the comic he says, 'my father and the league. They were wrong. We lost'. Then Glass went further with Damian's doubts over traditional heroic methods and added the death of that father from the Middle Eastern family that Damian apparently had a soft spot for as well. Lookin forward to how this all comes together and how this will shape Damians own sense of justice.

The old team had a lot of negative energy.

Dietrich is right the solicits and every clue we got about Damian's mentor was worded in a way to lead readers to believe it would be a villain. I was expecting a villain so was a huge relief and Duh moment for me because of course it would be Hood when you consider Damian's motivations and what his goal with this new team. Looking forward to them working together.

Damian style of leadership is interesting letting Emi do the talking and the drill. Has he learnt that he's not so good with words?

The brewing romance. Djinn and Damian is obvious but Crush and Emi's reaction was odd. And Crush's line about a tyrant. We'll see I guess.

Plenty of revelations this issue.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Kid Flash worried all this chapter for see that his friend is alive... He wanted use Djinn like the Dragon balls..

I am agree with Damian opinion but I think that Roundhouse choosed leave the team for this or because he is the traitor..

Emiko is one impressive&strict teacher. I can understand why Damian see her as his sucessor(next leader).. I can understand why KF and Emiko are not the best friends, different opinions.. HAHAHHAHA. The day that they are ready, Robin will appear..

WOW.. Black Mask obtained his own cell and has one illegitimate.. THE OTHER should be one MAGICAL being.. Then, is probably related with Djinn.. Christ cruxifixion? That was almost 2000 years. This character is older than Ra´s al Ghul..

I liked DAMIAN&DJINN moment.. I was thinking that Damian would keep the ring(not for control mind) but seems that I was wrong and seems that keep the ring would have been a bad idea..
    What exactly would I need to talk about? HE IS NOT UNDER MIND CONTROL.. Whatever you wish(she can read Damian mind?) HAHA, the rest of this team are listening everything.

Metahuman blood now I understand why she was invisible.. Haha.. Their inexperience made that Cold sister maybe has escaped

WOW.. So he is the secret mentor.. This is the first time that I like Jason new costume.. Maybe because I miss Bizarro&Artemis and for this normally I hate this change.. Gordon? Now I understand why the TT will visit Gotham City..
    The day that they are ready, Robin will appear.. I liked that line too. Emi is a Drill Sergeant. She was tough on Wallace. It was Cold blaming for RH

I feel like Emiko in Teen Titans is similar to how Damian was in the previous team. The difference is no one listened to Damian and he came off as a brat and arrogant but with Emiko it is quite the opposite.

Loving Emiko’s line too. Feels like Robin is in a whole different level than the rest of them.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 09-20-2018 at 04:32 AM.