Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I do not believe Damian will lose the mantle and when he does it certainly wont be on Tim's account. That said I suggested looking at the costume from Snyder's Batman: Lost one shot a while ago and coming up with a name and identity from that.
    I dont want Damian to be Bat anything, its redundant because he's already son of Batman and there's too many Batguys running around as it is.

However Damian is too young to transition in a manner similar to Nightwing or Red Hood. He needs those cutesy and goofy Robin colors to go with what he is presently. A dark identity will not suit him unless they plan on aging him significantly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I do not believe Damian will lose the mantle and when he does it certainly wont be on Tim's account. That said I suggested looking at the costume from Snyder's Batman: Lost one shot a while ago and coming up with a name and identity from that.
    I dont want Damian to be Bat anything, its redundant because he's already son of Batman and there's too many Batguys running around as it is.

However Damian is too young to transition in a manner similar to Nightwing or Red Hood. He needs those cutesy and goofy Robin colors to go with what he is presently. A dark identity will not suit him unless they plan on aging him significantly.
    I don't think Damian will lose the identity of Robin either. Damian as Robin is pretty popular at the moment.

Now, in the extremely unlikely situation that Damian lost the mantle of Robin, I think a new identity as Batboy can be a good option.

The are not really so many Batguys. Actually, Batman is the only one. If you mean the ex Robin, Damian taking an identity with Bat in the name won't affect this.

As you said, Damian is too young to the transition in a independent hero (and independent heroes like Nightwing are suffering at the moment). If he lose the mantle of Robin, he will probably need an identity related to Batman.

Hi, first time posting on this site, just wanted to gush about my favorite angry bat child. I've been watching Damian clips on YT recently (animated films and Injustice stuff) and it's so frustrating how the comment sections are just hate parades, so it's nice to see him appreciated.

The latest issue of TT was pretty ok, wonderful artwork and expressions. I'm really starting to like Wally and Roundhouse. I'm kinda ehhhhhh on the romance stuff they're hinting at, since it seems super sudden and forced but idk a lot of comic book romances feel that way to me, especially between kids.

My favorite part:

smoltitans.jpg

he's too short for the panel omg

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    My favorite part:

smoltitans.jpg

I haven't had a chance to read the latest issue yet but OMG, I love these kind of meta jokes. I think what's funny is that the sky behind him looks lighter and closer to the horizon, which means it IS angled down but its still not enough. XD aww, lil robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't think Damian will lose the identity of Robin either. Damian as Robin is pretty popular at the moment.

Now, in the extremely unlikely situation that Damian lost the mantle of Robin, I think a new identity as Batboy can be a good option.

The are not really so many Batguys. Actually, Batman is the only one. If you mean the ex Robin, Damian taking an identity with Bat in the name won't affect this.

As you said, Damian is too young to the transition in a independent hero (and independent heroes like Nightwing are suffering at the moment). If he lose the mantle of Robin, he will probably need an identity related to Batman.
    Damian has earned the right to be Robin. How can he share it with Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Damian has earned the right to be Robin. How can he share it with Tim?
    Because Tim needs it. Damian is a hero and heroes do whatever they can to help the helpless, the needy and the bums who are down and out.

Boy Wonder to the rescue.

Hi, first time posting on this site, just wanted to gush about my favorite angry bat child. I've been watching Damian clips on YT recently (animated films and Injustice stuff) and it's so frustrating how the comment sections are just hate parades, so it's nice to see him appreciated.

The latest issue of TT was pretty ok, wonderful artwork and expressions. I'm really starting to like Wally and Roundhouse. I'm kinda ehhhhhh on the romance stuff they're hinting at, since it seems super sudden and forced but idk a lot of comic book romances feel that way to me, especially between kids.

My favorite part:

smoltitans.jpg

This so cute. Can't wait to read Teen Titans and those solicits! It about to go off.

Welcome to the forum Babybats

FYI The Damian Wayne Appreciation thread is actually split in two since it got too long. Be sure toc heck the other part out here http://community.comicbookresources....iation/page776

Quote Originally Posted by BenThousan View Post
    Do you know if Tim and Damian will be Robin at the same time? I ask because, as you know, DC is breaking the Batfamily and I think that when Batman knows that Damian has stolen something, maybe he will remove Robin's mantle and this may be why Damian and Jason fight, because Jason was the one who told Damian to steal anything from the batcave.
    Well there was that bit in DC Nation about Bruce being estranged from his son so there is a fallout on the horizon. But only a temporary one.

Damian isn't about to lose Robin. At least I don't think so.

If Damian goes for a new name I vote RedBird. Batboy I don't like. It's too cheesy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    If Damian goes for a new name I vote RedBird. Batboy I don't like. It's too cheesy.
    I know Batboy is too cheesy. However, in the unlikely case that Damian lose Robin, it will be convenient to Damian use an identity as Batboy, since it shows a direct connection with Batman. RedBird identity hasn't this connection.

Just look at the current state of characters that have lost the mantle of Batgirl and their new identities have no connection with Batman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-18-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Oh wooooow this artist is legit. I thought it was real. *sigh* If only. (I really wanted some sort of meeting between Damian and Bruce when he got amnesia, too)

Oh wooooow this artist is legit. I thought it was real. *sigh* If only. (I really wanted some sort of meeting between Damian and Bruce when he got amnesia, too)
    I hated that arc and I don't think I'll ever forgive Alfred for keeping Bruce in the dark about his kids. And to think that at the time Damian also believed Dick was dead.
    What a hard time.
    That panel where Damian watches Bruce playing with other kids in the park was heart breaking to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I know Batboy is too cheesy. However, in the unlikely case that Damian lose Robin, it will be convenient to Damian use an identity as Batboy, since it shows a direct connection with Batman. RedBird identity hasn't this connection.

Just look at the current state of characters that have lost the mantle of Batgirl and their new identities have no connection with Batman.
    I get where you're coming from. A recognisable brand or name does help in selling a character. I jut think that Batboy doesn't sound serious. He can just be Damian Wayne Son f Batman.

Damian has very really grasped the concept of 'secret identity' always telling people who he is so he might as well go by his name.

I hated that arc and I don't think I'll ever forgive Alfred for keeping Bruce in the dark about his kids. And to think that at the time Damian also believed Dick was dead.
    What a hard time.
    That panel where Damian watches Bruce playing with other kids in the park was heart breaking to see.
    One of the many glaring plotholes of that arc was Bruce not knowing about his kids. Maybe nobody mentioned Dick or Jason because they were presumed dead, but Tim and Damian are still around so why didn't anyone go, "hey Bruce you're a dad"?? I mean, he's famous. His kids are famous. How did he go so long without finding out??

Also, yes that was so heartbreaking, Gleason's so good at telling a story without dialogue. I just wish we'd gotten to see more of Damian's perspective of that whole thing--Dick and Bruce both gone.