Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1330

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    it has to do with king bendis getting whatever he wants
    If tim goes back to being robin he realy is a loser
    ...Bendis is in YJ but... Why you added Tom King here? or you said "king bendis"?

DC would show him as a loser. You are right with that..

it has to do with king bendis getting whatever he wants
    If tim goes back to being robin he realy is a loser
    why does the man have so much power here. I already feel sorry for Jon (esp with the aging up possibility nonesense) and now he makes two robins in the same main continuity without as much explanation for that (as of now). not my fault if it makes me wonder if Damian's time as Robin will be up soon.

btw, not surprising that in the latest issue of TT that Damian said he's not on speaking terms with Batman as it is consistent with how DC Nation once described their current relationship as estranged.
    but is it really that bad? And forgive me I'm not really in touch with comics these days but what actually made that estrangement in the first place? Is it because of No Justice?
    This is especially confusing to me because Super Sons that's published in the same time frame kind of contradicts the notion (I'm aware sometimes comics contradict each other but still)
    The upcoming fight with Red Hood in TT also confuses me, I can't wait to read it and and find out how and why.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    btw, not surprising that in the latest issue of TT that Damian said he's not on speaking terms with Batman as it is consistent with how DC Nation once described their current relationship as estranged.
    but is it really that bad? And forgive me I'm not really in touch with comics these days but what actually made that estrangement in the first place? Is it because of No Justice?
    This is especially confusing to me because Super Sons that's published in the same time frame kind of contradicts the notion (I'm aware sometimes comics contradict each other but still)
    The upcoming fight with Red Hood in TT also confuses me, I can't wait to read it and and find out how and why.
    I also wonder when the relationship between Damian and Bruce becomes stranged.

I mean Damian has always wanted to prove himself independent and self-sufficient, but the relationship with Bruce was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I also wonder when the relationship between Damian and Bruce becomes stranged.

I mean Damian has always wanted to prove himself independent and self-sufficient, but the relationship with Bruce was good.
    Right? Like where does this "they are not on speaking terms" come from? I'm sure they were still talking (and Damian was still worried) in Deathstroke, but then again if I'm not mistaken it was supposed to happen before No Justice.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Right? Like where does this "they are not on speaking terms" come from? I'm sure they were still talking (and Damian was still worried) in Deathstroke, but then again if I'm not mistaken it was supposed to happen before No Justice.
    We were never shown a panel of them falling out just that DC Nation line about Bruce being estranged from his son.

It's important to remember that we don't know when certain titles occur in relation to others. TT is after No Justice which is after Metal. When exactly is King's Batman set? And Tec?. Maybe we are yet to see this fall out. I know he set this team up because of the events of No Justice but the events from that mini can't be why they are estranged.

Maybe Tim becoming Robin as well might be the reason Damian's not talking to his dad [I hope not because enough rivalry already].

Maybe this can help you...

Adventures of SS.. The Past.. Before Jor-el taking his grandson.

Glass Teen Titans run.. The Present.

Yeah. NO JUSTICE is the reason of this.. Damian is less agree than ever with the adults heroes justice..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-23-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    We were never shown a panel of them falling out just that DC Nation line about Bruce being estranged from his son.

It's important to remember that we don't know when certain titles occur in relation to others. TT is after No Justice which is after Metal. When exactly is King's Batman set? And Tec?. Maybe we are yet to see this fall out. I know he set this team up because of the events of No Justice but the events from that mini can't be why they are estranged.

Maybe Tim becoming Robin as well might be the reason Damian's not talking to his dad [I hope not because enough rivalry already].
    Imagine being a new comic fan and trying to figure all this out. lol More comics should do that thing American publishers did in manga where they have that page or two at the beginning telling you who all the characters are and what the story's been up to this point. Or a page at the beginning or end with a reading order, or even a "if you want to see more of these characters, check out..." thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, "fire" Damian from being Robin, but demote Tim back to Robin? Does Bendis not realize that Damian has been a thing (and Robin) for, what, at least a decade now?
    To be fair, I was only saying that as a possibility, there's no proof they're heading in that direction. But I worry.

And with regards to Damian's cultural heritage, I will fully admit that I always choose to ignore a lot of aspects of Ra's' origin because I've always felt that the fact that he's a European looking man named Ra's Al Ghul, who is not Arab, and his father is a man named the Sensei, who is not Japanese, commanding an army of ninja terrorists to be incredibly stupid. Yes, I know they're just titles. Like the Mandarin or Lady Shiva or whatever. But the kinda arbitrary mix and match of "oriental" culture is weird to me and makes me uncomfortable in ways I can't explain. But to each their own, I guess.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe this can help you...

Adventures of SS.. The Past.. Before Jor-el taking his grandson.

Glass Teen Titans run.. The Present.

Yeah. NO JUSTICE is the reason of this.. Damian is less agree than ever with the adults heroes justice..
    We know that the current story of TT is happening at the same time as Justice League, but then, the current story of Batmam (the "injury" of Ric xd, and the Penguin) and the next arrival of Tomasi to Tec (where Damian will also appear), at what time is it happening? As far as I know, it seems that Damian does not know what has happened to Dick

Astonishing Member

The Zoom Supersons comics change the cover. Now, the skin of Maya (?) looks natural, while Damian has a darker skin (although with the brown hair, he still doesn't look similar to Damian).

However, it seems the interior of the comic won't change. In NYCC Diamond Retailer Breakfast, it was the first time they show the new cover with the changes of skin color, but the preview of the interior shows Damian with white milk skin.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...sons-and-mera/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...m-ios-46/#main
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-23-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

why does the man have so much power here. I already feel sorry for Jon (esp with the aging up possibility nonesense) and now he makes two robins in the same main continuity without as much explanation for that (as of now). not my fault if it makes me wonder if Damian's time as Robin will be up soon.
    You cant kill the grandson of ras all ghoul, Batman already went hell and back for him.... Damian would never retire or share the mantle, so I want to know what are they gonna do to hom

I agree @CP don't think No Justice is the reason for the estrangement because that really doesn't make much sense. Also when they say estranged I doubt its both parties. I know Bruce is something of a man child but I don't see him sulking in his corner and his 13 year old son in the other corner. Both ignoring each other. I think i's more Damian pissed at his dad.

I mean I don't think Bruce is that childish is he?

You cant kill the grandson of ras all ghoul, Batman already went hell and back for him.... Damian would never retire or share the mantle, so I want to know what are they gonna do to hom
    Damian is going to share that mantle. Tim needs it.

I'm not a big fan of the situation but this might be the best way to restore Tim. His history is gone, he is deaged and he really is just floating around with bits and pieces of stories that he might have been in. This gives him a fresh start and connects him with characters that fans enjoy him interacting with.

Mighty Member

It came from Teen Titans. Damian is rebelling against Bruce. Going the Jason route but maybe too far. Which is why Jason is gonna give him a beating to straighten him out.

Also Tim becoming Robin may be the Robin Bruce needs right now. The "Robin does not need Batman" is the last thing Bruce needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    It came from Teen Titans. Damian is rebelling against Bruce. Going the Jason route but maybe too far. Which is why Jason is gonna give him a beating to straighten him out.

Also Tim becoming Robin may be the Robin Bruce needs right now. The "Robin does not need Batman" is the last thing Bruce needs right now.
    Teen Titans is a result of Damian being pissed at the JL for losing an entire planet because their methods are not effective enough.

Damian is usually the one doing the beating whenever they throw down but this might be Jason's 1st win.

Yep Tim the Robin who started the whole Robin doesn't need batman thing] might just be the Robin to soothe hurting Bruce right now. However unless King is about to go from BatCat to BatRobin Bruce will just have to deal with Bane's trolling and getting dumped all on his own. At least he has Alfred and a bunch of pets that's just as good as a Robin or two.