Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1330

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Jon may be 13 or 14. After all, Wallace West is 14, but he is as tall a Jon's new appearance.

So, Jon would still have a similar age to Damian
    Unless the artist is tripping balls, that's not a 13 year old. Wally is tall (and imo drawn too old a lot), but he's still slender in face and body. Even accounting for some artists' inability to draw age correctly, his proportions, muscle mass, and face make him at least 15 or 16, which makes him a Tim contemporary. That's not to say he can't be friends with Damian, but he's going to be like a completely different person and I can't see them being equals anymore. He's just another older kid for Damian to hang around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    Unless the artist is tripping balls, that's not a 13 year old. Wally is tall (and imo drawn too old a lot), but he's still slender in face and body. Even accounting for some artists' inability to draw age correctly, his proportions, muscle mass, and face make him at least 15 or 16, which makes him a Tim contemporary. That's not to say he can't be friends with Damian, but he's going to be like a completely different person and I can't see them being equals anymore. He's just another older kid for Damian to hang around.
    The problem is that because the covers can be deceptive (and it would not be strange that this cover is misleading in several levels).

I can not guarantee Jon's age by the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah, when Scott Snyder took over for Batman, he went on record that he wasnÂ’t a fan of Damian, so he just didnÂ’t use him much and the character was mostly used elsewhere. He didnÂ’t muck up Damian for everyone else, he just barely used him. And when Damian was occasionally used, he was used well. Which I respect and appreciate. Jon wasnÂ’t so lucky, in comics, bouncing back from getting stabbed to death by an angsty older version of oneself is easy, bouncing back from actually becoming an angsty older version of oneself is a lot harder.
    Agree so much. Not a fan? That's fine just don't use them.

Writers don't have to use everyone and they should also be considerate enough to think about the impact their one story can have. This better a fantastic story to risk Supersons. I don't understand DC 1st Supersons then Nightwing and now Supersons again. If you want to **** about. **** about with a title doesn't sell okay.

I mean they are not Batman or some huge franchise but it was selling and it was different.

DC had something different and fresh now they are doing everything to make things harder for that freshness. I feel bad for Jon and I feel bad for Supersons. TT and YJ are not even close to being alternatives or suitable replacements for that book.

I also feel bad for Peter Tomasi. Everytime this guy manages to bring hope, love warmth and heart to DC. Everytime he write's something that gives us pure joy they promptly bring in someone to come and defecate all over the happy warm joy he gave us. B&R, Superman and Supersons. Not cool DC. I guess DC isn't a happy place at all.

BANNED

Agreed so much about your points on using characters. Bendis in particular seems to harbor an ambition to use everyone. His Adam Strange, Barry Allen and Deathstroke are laughably bad.
    I seriously take exception to creators who use characters for the sake of using them.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I also feel bad for Peter Tomasi. Everytime this guy manages to bring hope, love warmth and heart to DC. Everytime he write's something that gives us pure joy they promptly bring in someone to come and defecate all over the happy warm joy he gave us. B&R, Superman and Supersons. Not cool DC. I guess DC isn't a happy place at all.
    Poor Tomasi. He did such a good job with the Superfamily only for it all to get nuked as soon as he left the table. Though I imagine he must be used to it now. What annoys me is that Bendis talked about how he was so happy at how well Tomasi and team had set things up for him with their run, but really he must have meant that he was happy to destroy all the previous team had set up.

I hope Super Sons gets a cartoon that will outlive this whole mess. I will, in fact, move to California, infiltrate WB, steal Bruce Timm's identity, and dedicate the next few years of my life creating the show out of SPITE.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait, that's not Superboy Prime?
    I saw it and people were angry but I thought that's because they don't like Superboy Prime returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait, that's not Superboy Prime?
    I saw it and people were angry but I thought that's because they don't like Superboy Prime returning.
    No, it's All New All Different Superboy (Jon Kent). Lois and Clark left him in space. He came back like this. I think it's supposed to be an "oh no, Superman's son grew up away from his influence and came back edgy, HOW EVER will Superman recover from this TRAGEDY" sort of thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    The Average Height of 14 year olds is something around 5'6'', so he isn ot drawn unrealistically tall, it is more that Damian is way to short for an 13 year old (and Tim is usually also drawn quite short).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If Jon is still 13 or 14 years old, Damian will be pretty angry:

Attachment 73850
    I knew this was gonna turned into a Chris Kent situation. I’ll put money that Jon is on his way out. I’m honestly scared for Damian.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2018 at 08:24 AM.

BANNED

I'm scared for Jon, Damian should be fine, he has a lot going for him.

It’s only a matter of time befor they find a way to phase out Damian too. DC wants the YJ4 to be there young generation center piece. Even Dick’s gen is getting culled. They are making way for this Wonder line.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2018 at 08:43 AM.

BANNED

DC tried if before with the New 52 so I wouldn't worry and most of those books will be lucky to last a year, even now Bendis's Superman was beaten by Venom and Catwoman. He isn't some massive draw and I think a year from now DC will be regretting giving him so much sway.

For Damian I did list down the books he'll be showing up in or stories he'll be involved with.

Adventures of Super Sons
    Teen Titans
    TT will crossover with Deathstroke and Priest has used/may use Damian again
    Tomasi's Tec
    2 short stories, one with Catwoman and the other featuring 666 Batman in 2 different specials
    Super Sons Zoom series
    Morrison's Arkham Asylum 2
    Snyder's Last Knight

Plus there's always the potential of him being used in Nightwing, Injustice books and Teen Titans is overlapping with Red Hood presently as well. Bendis cant undo all that thankfully.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s only a matter of time befor they find a way to phase out Damian too. DC wants the YJ4 to be there young generation center piece. Even Dick’s gen is getting culled. They are making way for this Wonder line.
    Yeah.

I'm worried about that too. Bendis is the writer for Young Justice, so I'm worried he will push Young Justice at the expense of other characters like Damian or Jon.

Although Tomasi will start to write Detective Comics, so he may use Damian.

BANNED

They'll probably rest Super Sons for a while in their mainstream books but its still getting a big push with the Zoom novels which will reach out to a wider and younger demographic. Then after 2 or so years they'll relaunch it again, maybe even as part of the Wonder Comics line when the original momentum of said line is fizzling.