Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    For some reason I am not surprised about this... I am not calling her a bitch with that..

Maybe she only made this because she wanted to put batman angry.. Yeah, I make it with many others, men and women..
    Talia has a superiority complex, she sees herself as the best woman in the world. She uses others (men and women) for her own personal benefit, including sex. She sees the people with whom she has sex as objects. The only person with whom she would marry for "love" is with Bruce.

And talking about Damian's future romances. He is very young but if I had to choose, my favorite is Maya. They have several things in common and are of the same age.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Professional Heroes

http://gir4.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by BenThousan View Post
    Talia has a superiority complex, she sees herself as the best woman in the world. She uses others (men and women) for her own personal benefit, including sex. She sees the people with whom she has sex as objects. The only person with whom she would marry for "love" is with Bruce.

And talking about Damian's future romances. He is very young but if I had to choose, my favorite is Maya. They have several things in common and are of the same age.
    Talia might use people but she has NEVER been depicted as the type to have random sex partners or sex parties. Her portrayal in King's Batman was very occ.
    Prior to Rebirth her only sexual partners were Bruce and Bane. There was the Jason thing [is that still canon?] but that was out of character which is probably why no one talks it and no writer wants to touch it.

Damian, Jon and Wallace

The Night is his

Loved this Annual.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-21-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Damian and gifts by Mother of Darkness

It’s just that I noticed a pattern, and I felt like y’all needed to hear about it: I can think of six different times where Damian went out of his way to give people very thoughtful, very individual gifts.

1) The pearl from Martha Wayne’s necklace (B&R 14), which he found in the sewers after a considerable amount of effort– we see him searching for it in two different issues (B&R 9, 13). Side note: made a rat friend, named it Spotty.

2) In the first B&R Annual, Damian literally set up a scavenger hunt for Bruce, resulting in three different gifts. A painting by his mom.

3) This photo of Thomas and Martha’s honeymoon, at the exact spot the picture was taken

4) And the stone Thomas used to propose

5) In B&R Annual #2 (while Damian was still dead), Bruce found this package that Damian had left for Dick

Which turned out to be the horn of a monster dude Dick fought back in the day.

And finally 6) the unfinished portrait from B&R 10, which Damian left for Bruce and Alfred in B&R 40

Okay. So.

The first thing I want to point out is that every single one of these took a lot of time and effort to pull off. The pearl took multiple visits to the sewer with whatever device he’s using in those panels. All three of the B&R A1 incidents took place in foreign countries (England, Spain, Greece), and all three of them were complete surprises to Bruce. He didn’t know his mom painted. I assume he was similarly unaware of the other two.

Which means that Damian did his own research and arranged all of that himself, right? That’s a lot of digging. To get that horn for Dick, he would have had to not only locate that old villain, but also fight and defeat him. And oil paintings are hard.

I would also like y’all to notice that all the gifts were specifically catered to their recipients. Bruce gets things from his parents because Damian knows that he likes to feel close to his roots (look at that!! something they have in common!). Dick gets an inside joke that ties into the Robin legacy. And Alfred…

(Batman and Robin #18)

Right. I think it’s also interesting that in five out of the six times, the gifts were presented indirectly– with a note or as a scavenger hunt a continent over. The one time that it was presented directly (pearl) looks like a spur-of-the-moment thing to me.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-21-2018 at 11:10 AM.

So what does this tell us about Damian? Well, we can start off with the obvious: the kid is considerate. He’s putting a lot of time, thought, and effort into making other people happy. The fact that this kind of thing occurs to him at all says a lot about who he is as a person, I think. I imagine the thought process was something like “Wait. What if I did ___? They would really like that. Yes!! Okay. Okay, I’m doing it.” *works for a dozen hours to make it happen*

Also– the indirectness. We all know that Damian has trouble expressing affection. This seems to be his way of getting around that, because if he’s not actually around when the gift is discovered, he doesn’t have to risk emotional outbursts of gratitude that he might not be comfortable with.

Basically (contrary to semi-popular opinion), Damian does have a heart. He does care deeply about other people. He does express affection. Just… in his own way.

And bearing all of the above in mind, I’m starting to imagine what other shenanigans he gets up to. Presents for everybody.

In conclusion:

http://oh-mother-of-darkness.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Die hards aside, what actually has been keeping that from happening? Is it because Marvel is owned by Disney and DC by WB?
    I don't think that's the case since even before Disney acquired Marvel cross over were sparse. From what I've read the past collaboration were difficult to arrange and setup mainly because of delays and lack of enthusiasm on DC's part.

so likely editorial or no one from marvel has sent an idea for a crossover to DC [how previous ones came about and DC always dragged their feet responding]

Quote Originally Posted by BenThousan View Post

I saw one Silencer issue(because batman was here) and Talia wanted to protect batman with Silencer because... She wants to kill him.. What a stupid reason and Batman can die each day with his vigilant life....Talia, kill him One Sad Clown will visit you and after that you never will return to life after receive this man tortures.

I am agree in that with Maya too. But DC prefers continue giving more propaganda to Superboy with SS.. And RSOB fans should continue waiting more and more.. DC could have suspended that serie during 1 year for make return RSOB during that year, the serie never ended, Gleason had ideas for 2 more sagas..

I hope that Supersons never reveal Damian wife in December trying to show Damian paternity because all Damian future romances will be ruined...

Imagine that this wife is blonde(for example).. The fans who saw that o say that to others.. All that people will know that Damian future romances with NO BLONDE girls will fail.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-21-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw one Silencer issue(because batman was here) and Talia wanted to protect batman with Silencer because... She wants to kill him.. What a stupid reason and Batman can die each day with his vigilant life....Talia, kill him One Sad Clown will visit you and after that you never will return to life after receive this man tortures.

I am agree in that with Maya too. But DC prefers continue giving more propaganda to Superboy with SS.. And RSOB fans should continue waiting more and more.. DC could have suspended that serie during 1 year for make return RSOB during that year, the serie never ended, Gleason had ideas for 2 more sagas..

I hope that Supersons never reveal Damian wife in December trying to show Damian paternity because all Damian future romances will be ruined...

Imagine that this wife is blonde(for example).. The fans who saw that o say that to others.. All that people will know that Damian future romances with NO BLONDE girls will fail.
    Al Ghul's don't stay dead. At least not the important ones.