Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah I love how Damian was all like 'UGH I'm never having kids' in this issue. Not even 20 minutes in and he's already over babysitting. XD

Also I very much have my doubts that Pennyworth taught him to 'mash keys and buttons until something works'. Now that statement would certainly get a classic Alfred eyebrow raise if he was around to hear it. Such Blasphemy Master Damian.
    What Pennyworth doesn't know.... Love all the references in this. Tomasi truly has a talent for writing kids. Liked the surprise at the end.

If WB has any sense then right now they've got Tomasi hard at work scripting the animated version of this.

Last edited by dietrich; 10-03-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Family Li'l Gotham

Not new art but I like this series.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-03-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Last edited by dietrich; 10-03-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What Pennyworth doesn't know.... Love all the references in this. Tomasi truly has a talent for writing kids. Liked the surprise at the end.

If WB has any sense then right now they've got Tomasi hard at work scripting the animated version of this.
    I know right, the concept is perfect for an animated show, every time I read an issue it feels like it could transition so smoothly into an animated space.

Unfortunately I think it's the lack of characters that makes it seem 'unmarketable' by the big wigs, I mean I can only assume lighthearted shows like DC Superhero girls, whilst a very cute and likable show is kept alive mainly by the merchandise it can sell, they sure have a ton of female characters to sell off as Barbie competitors you know, especially in this age where more and more people and kids of all ages openly embrace superheroes and specifically fictional female role models who are superheroes. Maybe if Supersons expanded into a mini justice league thing, you know, with a kid WW and kid flash, kid green lantern etc maybe then WB would consider it as a more child friendly gateway into superhero shows and comics? Though I have no clue if that would damage or improve on the current dynamic we have in Supersons.

Good, knock some sense into him.

I saved to get my hands on one of these latest prints but they sold out so quick.

Must be great for comic fans who live in the US you have all these cons where you can pick up originals in person.

I know right, the concept is perfect for an animated show, every time I read an issue it feels like it could transition so smoothly into an animated space.

Unfortunately I think it's the lack of characters that makes it seem 'unmarketable' by the big wigs, I mean I can only assume lighthearted shows like DC Superhero girls, whilst a very cute and likable show is kept alive mainly by the merchandise it can sell, they sure have a ton of female characters to sell off as Barbie competitors you know, especially in this age where more and more people and kids of all ages openly embrace superheroes and specifically fictional female role models who are superheroes. Maybe if Supersons expanded into a mini justice league thing, you know, with a kid WW and kid flash, kid green lantern etc maybe then WB would consider it as a more child friendly gateway into superhero shows and comics? Though I have no clue if that would damage or improve on the current dynamic we have in Supersons.
    Where did you hear the bigwigs think it's unmarketable? Is that a thing or are you just speculating?

Supersons has more than enough character's and they can add new ones since this is a new concept. Amazo, Junior Injustice League, Maya, Kathy, The two black girls, The puppet guy, they've introduced two new planets, the Superpets, every from WestReeves, their mum's the LOA.

I don't think DC will make a mini JL but I do think that they will turn the Supersons into franchise [I think that was the reason why Jon was created] and I'm confident they will got a series it's just a matter of how soon.

Where did you hear the bigwigs think it's unmarketable? Is that a thing or are you just speculating?

Supersons has more than enough character's and they can add new ones since this is a new concept. Amazo, Junior Injustice League, Maya, Kathy, The two black girls, The puppet guy, they've introduced two new planets, the Superpets, every from WestReeves, their mum's the LOA.

I don't think DC will make a mini JL but I do think that they will turn the Supersons into franchise [I think that was the reason why Jon was created] and I'm confident they will got a series it's just a matter of how soon.
    Don't fear it's not a thing, I'm not saying its an impossibility, it's just speculation on my part based generally on how tv shows for kids are usually created or why they're cancelled. And yeah the comic has a lot of side characters but aside from maybe the superpets I don't know how popular the rest are at the moment to help carry a tv show and sell merch.

I'm right there with you, Jon's creation and their team-up was definitely made to be a franchise and DC is always looking to expand their comics into various forms of media, but most, if not all of those shows (aside from Batman cause Batman is the exception) conveniently have a multi cast of main characters for the sole purpose of selling toys to help them last, where as SS at the moment have two, a duo as their main cast. Like I said though, it's not an impossibility, I'm just brainstorming on how SS could more easily obtain a show based on how animated media is usually given a chance. But if DC actually break formula and make SS into a thing just as it is, trust me that'll be just dandy

Older Damian
    @UNe1st

If the show came about, do you reckon Tomasi (assuming he will be at the writing helm) should either directly adapt the comic into the show, like issue by issue episodically, or should he give the animated show different adventures?

If the show came about, do you reckon Tomasi (assuming he will be at the writing helm) should either directly adapt the comic into the show, like issue by issue episodically, or should he give the animated show different adventures?
    I'd expect various arcs to be adapted, but I would like him to have oversight of the series if nothing else.

But so nice to see a series without the whole edgelord business that almost all the series are taking on now. spoilers:
    Even Joker Junior is still alive thanks to Space Cabbie! And the banter of the Jon's, with Damian's own side comments are just too good!
    end of spoilers

Don't fear it's not a thing, I'm not saying its an impossibility, it's just speculation on my part based generally on how tv shows for kids are usually created or why they're cancelled. And yeah the comic has a lot of side characters but aside from maybe the superpets I don't know how popular the rest are at the moment to help carry a tv show and sell merch.

I'm right there with you, Jon's creation and their team-up was definitely made to be a franchise and DC is always looking to expand their comics into various forms of media, but most, if not all of those shows (aside from Batman cause Batman is the exception) conveniently have a multi cast of main characters for the sole purpose of selling toys to help them last, where as SS at the moment have two, a duo as their main cast. Like I said though, it's not an impossibility, I'm just brainstorming on how SS could more easily obtain a show based on how animated media is usually given a chance. But if DC actually break formula and make SS into a thing just as it is, trust me that'll be just dandy
    I think The Supersons are more than enough to carry the show. Most kids shows are based on characters the kids don't ever know.

Very few shows start off with a fanbase already secured and known characters so I'm hoping that and the success of DCSHG will improve the chances of DC giving them a series.

It would have been perfect if it was a CN show.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-03-2018 at 10:28 AM.