Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    You mean these guys

WTF? That Robin reminds me Dark Knight Returns batman with that body..

Ok.. Both characters in the same place.. One Joke.. SS thing..

Seems that I was cheated in the solicitations.. I thought that Kingdom Come Superman will appear here..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-08-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Seems that I was cheated in the solicitations.. I thought that Kingdom Come Superman will appear here..
    Jon IS Kingdom Come Supes, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jon IS Kingdom Come Supes, duh!
    With that costume and body, I doubt it.. Is more like Dark Knights return Superman.

With that costume and body, I doubt it.. Is more like Dark Knights return Superman.
    Jon's got a dad bod lol Supposedly they're going to see their possible future kids or something in the next one, right? (Or the whacky comedic version)

I think the Robin colors can work for a muscly adult (I liked Duke's Robin in Futures End, tho I guess he was still slender compared to this). But Damian's is funny because he's just wearing his current costume with a high collar. And it looks like he has grey temples too lol He's Rob-man now.

I think that Robin role only works for people with less than 20 years(the previous robins change the alias before that age), maybe because Robin is like an apprentice of Hero...

After this they are a little too old for continue as Robin and they should change his alias name..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-08-2018 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Is that grown-up Damian in the Robin suit?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is that grown-up Damian in the Robin suit?
    Yeah, they're on a "miracle-machine planet" which I guess is generating some kind of future versions of them. When they landed, Damian was like "why is there a breathable atmosphere and an old Victorian house on an alien planet??" so I'm guessing the whole environment they're in is artificial. Plus the house said something about it being a door to yesterdays and tomorrows.

I wonder if they're going to see past versions of themselves, too. That would be so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    So another future version of Damian made his debut in the latest Super Sons issue. This one is still Robin albeit all grown up and huge.
    I haven't read the issue yet but I've seen images.
    Honestly I don't really favor the art in this issue, dunno why. I was okay in the first issue, but not really right now.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    People always use that excuse BB bullies Damian scandalously in TT but fans say Damian is a dick he deserves it. But is he really a dick? He's annoying, has poor social skills, is confident in his abilities, is comical serious and focused with a sassy mouth but that isn't the same as being a dick who just messes with people.

I actually don't regard Damian as a dick. I don't think he rates anyone high enough to waste time and effort messing with them for shits and giggles.

In Supersons and in their friendship Damian doesn't mess with Jon.

Except change Dick to Dietrich.
    That's you right now.

Your fondess of the character is affecting how you view him. Damian is a dick at times. Not so much these days.

and agree that Jon does make fun of Damian a lot in SS and majority of he laughs are at him. But still love Jon and really enjoy them together.

As someone else here said that's just their dynamic it doesn't mean he isn't ready to go Red eyes of anyone that messes with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    So another future version of Damian made his debut in the latest Super Sons issue. This one is still Robin albeit all grown up and huge. I guess it makes sense keeping in view the comedic nature of the series . He's tall and well built in contrast to adult Jon who seems shorter and definitely has a pot belly so I can see Jon being on the other end of the shorty jokes or maybe fatty jokes. But still I dont understand why Tomasi never followed up on that Batman 666 reveal from the previous series. First he utilized the Titans Tomorrow timeline and now this. At first I thought maybe DC put some embargo because Morrison is writing Arkham Asylum 2 but Kelly and Lanzing will be writing a short story in DC Nuclear Winter special later this month set in the 666 timeline and more surprisingly they'll be following up where Tomasi got off.

Since I've broached the subject of short stories I should mention that Joey Esposito revealed on Twitter that his Catwoman short story in New Talent Short Case next month is a Damian/Catwoman team up. He also called Damian the best Robin so atleast he's a fan.
    Looks like we've got lots t look forward to. I wast even aware the New Talent Showcase was still going.

Always makes me happy when creators are fans because greater potential to turn up in a story

Looks like we've got lots t look forward to. I wast even aware the New Talent Showcase was still going.

Always makes me happy when creators are fans because greater potential to turn up in a story
    yeah seems like he's a fan and I'm also happy for that. though being a fan doesn't automatically ensure a great character writing but based on this panel only it seems to be great:

I'm looking forward to his story and his team up of Damian and Catwoman. Ever since the wedding prelude, I've warmed up to any Damian-Selina interactions and even want more.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    yeah seems like he's a fan and I'm also happy for that. though being a fan doesn't automatically ensure a great character writing but based on this panel only it seems to be great:

I'm looking forward to his story and his team up of Damian and Catwoman. Ever since the wedding prelude, I've warmed up to any Damian-Selina interactions and even want more.
    Were's this panel from?
    The prelude made me want to see more of the two as well.

Damian and Tim. Not quite dynamic duo but they're working on it

https://doc-squash.tumblr.com

Damian and Grundy. Motivational speeches. Damian's pep talk gives Solomon the courage to go help his homeless pals.

I wonder who Damian fears and I guess he wishes he was bigger? In that case I'm glad he met that Huge DamianRobin.

Astonishing Member

I wonder who Damian fears and I guess he wishes he was bigger? In that case I'm glad he met that Huge DamianRobin.
    However, Huge Damian Robin is still small in the way that annoys Damian.

Huge Damian Robin is broad and bulk, but he still looks short (I'm pretty sure Damian wants to be tall).
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-10-2018 at 05:38 AM.