Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1330

With regard to Damian being phased out, I've been kind of worried that Damian will end up being fired from Robin as a result of his human-rights-violating prison, solving the two Robins problem and playing into the whole Batman Is Estranged From His Family Thing going on. I can also easily see him leaving/being kicked off the TT and Emiko adopting his role. I don't think anything can kill the character forever at this point, but I think it's possible they could bench him for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    DC tried if before with the New 52 so I wouldn't worry and most of those books will be lucky to last a year, even now Bendis's Superman was beaten by Venom and Catwoman. He isn't some massive draw and I think a year from now DC will be regretting giving him so much sway.

For Damian I did list down the books he'll be showing up in or stories he'll be involved with.

Adventures of Super Sons
    Teen Titans
    TT will crossover with Deathstroke and Priest has used/may use Damian again
    Tomasi's Tec
    2 short stories, one with Catwoman and the other featuring 666 Batman in 2 different specials
    Super Sons Zoom series
    Morrison's Arkham Asylum 2
    Snyder's Last Knight

Plus there's always the potential of him being used in Nightwing, Injustice books and Teen Titans is overlapping with Red Hood presently as well. Bendis cant undo all that thankfully.
    Its not Bendis that concerns me, but DC. We know how they are in these situations. Like you even bring up, its what DC even did last time they tried to launch a line around them. Regardless if it succeeds or fails, its what DC does in preparation that concerns me. This Chris Kenting of Jon doesn’t bode well.

And Nightwing is probably not long for this world, and honestly the Titans books too i don’t see much of a future for.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I am worried for Jon now. It seems DC is pushing YJ generation Or rather Bendis is pushing YJ or Bendis likes Conner who happens to come with that generation so he decided to push that or ne of his kids likes yYJ so he decided to write a book she'll like while writing another that's sure to make all his adopted kids feel shitty as hell. Thoughtful man.

I don't understand how he is able to have to much sway when he isn't such a high seller. Catwoman beat Superman in sales for christ sake. If this was Synder or some other writer that backs up hype and influence with actual sales then I might understand.

Damian I'm not worried but I'm concerned. More so now that I've seen what they did to Jon. However Damian is not as easily written out as Jon and even when he was more vulnerable back when he was going to die, Synder was on batman, new 52 rolled around and they needed to shed excess baggage from Batman. They still didn't pick him fr the cull.

Legacy characters sadly are disposable. Not sure why I still get invested in them. First Tim, Connor now Damian. Then only one that is safe is Dick Grayson because his introduction is the only one that changed anything in a meaningful way.

Superman works without Superboy and even if it didn't the first Superboy is Clark anyway. Flash works without KF or Impluse and Batman doesn't work without Robin Dick Grayson but it works without Kate, Babs, Jason, Tim, Damian and all the millions of other folks running around rooftops.

The cover itself doesn't look bad. He does look like Chris Kent. But if they wanted Chris then why not gives us Jon in the first place. It doesn't really matter what his age is on that cover the important thing is that Jon's appeal is one. The thing that made their dynamic so enjoyable has been sabotaged.

The guy on that cover would/could never say that he wants to marry noodles. And I can't see myself going awww at that boy. This Jon might work on Superman but not for Supersons.

Not to mention that we didn't even get a chance to see him grow. it was off panel. He went away and came back a different person. That is unfair to readers who invested in the Jon character.

I don't even know why I still read comics. These days all they do is piss me off and disappoint me.

I too hope the SuperSons get a series or maybe that just makes it harder when they decide that they should be scrapped.

And the Zoom version of Super Sons is a whole other continuity that fully white-washed Damian.

Though, I would say Babs is about as safe(ish) as Dick is. She's just about as iconic as Batgirl/Oracle as Dick is as Robin/Nightwing.

Dicks not even safe. He’s a filthy bum right now, under Scott Lobdell. DC is on a mission. The only generations that they are currently investing anything into is JL and the YJ4. The others gens are in trouble going into 2019. Dick’s gen they are afraid makes the JL look old, and any new gen is undercut by the YJ4 and their failure to successfully progress or grow.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And the Zoom version of Super Sons is a whole other continuity that fully white-washed Damian.
    I don't know if fully white-washed is the rigth word.

I mean Damian is usually as white as Jon or Bruce in other comics. Even when Damian's skin is darker, you will usually see Bruce with darker skin in that comic too.

It's true that Damian is milk white in Zoom comics, which is excessive. However, I wouldn't say white-washing, since it seems Damian is always pale skin.

Damian is probably still son of Talia in Zoom version.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-17-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dicks not even safe. He’s a filthy bum right now, under Scott Lobdell. DC is on a mission. The only generations that they are currently investing anything into is JL and the YJ4. The others gens are in trouble going into 2019.
    I'm also one of those that feels Dick is safe. As safe as comic characters can be that is. The safest of all the Robins and legacies. Filthy cabbies can always turn things around. I'm not sure where DC is going right now but I have faith in the power of money. Steady hard cash always wins out. Dick Grayson should be fine in the long run. When all the madness has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know if fully white-washed is the rigth word.

I mean Damian is usually as white as Jon or Bruce in other comics. Even when Damian's skin is darker, you will usually see Bruce with darker skin too.

It's exagerated that Damian is milk white in Zoom comics. However, I wouldn't say white-washing, since it seems Damian is always pale skin.

Damian is probably still son of Talia in Zoom version.
    No white-washed is the right word. Damian is at times pale [not always] at times exotic and at times brown. It feels 1005 like we're gonna turn him into a white kid once the name Ian was brought into the mix.

As far as I'm concerned this isn't Talia's kid. Maybe Selina had a baby with Bruce in the zoom version. DC sucks at diversity and don't even get me started on Bendis and the only Brown girl in town. Like dude are you for real?
    Why do they always half arse it? Why do they always make it seem like lip service?

I wish they would go all in an give me a Damian who's brown and prays to the east [I think?] I just want variety.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No white-washed is the right word. Damian is at times pale [not always] at times exotic and at times brown. It feels 1005 like we're gonna turn him into a white kid once the name Ian was brought into the mix.

As far as I'm concerned this isn't Talia's kid. Maybe Selina had a baby with Bruce in the zoom version. DC sucks at diversity and don't even get me started on Bendis and the only Brown girl in town. Like dude are you for real?
    Why do they always half arse it? Why do they always make it seem like lip service?

I wish they would go all in an give me a Damian who's brown and prays to the east [I think?] I just want variety.
    While Talia and R'as are from the Middle East, I don't see the al'Ghuls as Muslim. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While Talia and R'as are from the Middle East, I don't see the al'Ghuls as Muslim. Just saying.
    I know and not all mixed kids are tanned. I just would like a Robin that's as far as the others as possible. We have white, black, female , Christian why not Muslim?

I know it shallow but I like characters who are different from me. I find them more interesting and more to discover

Astonishing Member

I don't think Bendis has a problem for diversity. I mean the only new white character in Wonder Comics is a redhead girl.

His Young Justice is full of white people, because it appeals nostalgia for the original Young Jusice.

I like Damian with white skin, but keeping his culture. As someone who looks white, but isn't really white, I identify with this aspect of Damian.

PS: Also, I read that Ian name has a Hebrew origin.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

I know and not all mixed kids are tanned. I just would like a Robin that's as far as the others as possible. We have white, black, female , Christian why not Muslim?

I know it shallow but I like characters who are different from me. I find them more interesting and more to discover
    I mean I like characters different from me too (I focus more on a different personality). However, it sounds a little offensive that you use the race or culture of other people for that.

The diversity is so that people of non-white races can feel identified with these characters.

PS: In Zoom comics, Damian is brown hair and white milk skin, that's different from other Robins. That would be variety.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

I don't think Bendis has a problem for diversity. I mean the only new white character in Wonder Comics is a redhead girl.

His Young Justice is full of white people, because it appeals nostalgia for the original Young Jusice.

I like Damian with white skin, but keeping his culture. As someone who looks white, but isn't really white, I identify with this aspect of Damian.

In Zoom comics Damian is brown hair and white milk that's different from other Robins. That would be variety.

PS: Also, I read that Ian name has a Hebrew origin.
    Ian is Scottish for John.

I don't think that Bendis has a problem with diversity. I think he has done a lot for diversity in comics.

That's the reason why diversity is so important. There are so many different hues, genders, shapes and cultures. The world is full of variety it's for ever going to be about playing catch up. We/I forget that minority doesn't just mean visually Ethnic.

You are right. Brown hair and white skin is different from others Robins. That's an Interested direction to take the call for diversity. Going even lighter.

Everyone deserves representation. While I can't say whose needs are more pressing so I can't challenge your wish for a white looking Damian.

I mean I like characters different from me too (I focus more on a different personality). However, it sounds a little offensive that you use the race or culture of other people for that.

The diversity is so that people of non-white races can feel identified with these characters.

PS: In Zoom comics, Damian is brown hair and white milk skin, that's different from other Robins.
    I get why diversity.
    While I am sorry you are offended I also I'm not really sorry or even apologetic that that offended you because that is what I find interesting and that's fair.
    Different personality is fine but different cultures and backgrounds are things I like to explore.

Astonishing Member

I get why diversity.
    While I am sorry you are offended I also I'm not really sorry or even apologetic that that offended you because that is what I find interesting and that's fair.
    Different personality is fine but different cultures and backgrounds are things I like to explore.
    I'm sorry, I was rude.

You're right. It's fair that you find other cultures and background interesting.

I just would not use it as an argument for diversity. However, that's just my opinion.