Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Easy. They see Tony as the perfect scapegoat. They figure that they can do damage to Tony's rep and image and he'll recover. They can't do this with Steve(golden boy), Reed(family man), Strange(who would care) or Banner(he's already a monster so...).

Also, I wouldn't make it a thread. You run the risk of some fans getting the ban-hammer in the resulting argument and/or the thread getting locked.
    I agree with you my friend. As to the thread I was leaning a lot more of not doing it because of what you said exactly.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I agree with you my friend. As to the thread I was leaning a lot more of not doing it because of what you said exactly.
    Yeah, I don't think it would have ended well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I agree that he's a good scapegoat.

I can't speak for the comics necessarily, but when it comes to the MCU fandom, a lot of it is that Tony's harshest critics are simply threatened by his popularity, so they think they have to tear him down...and sometimes for the silliest things.

I'm probably glad I wasn't in fandom for when either Civil War first happened, comics or movie.

Pretty cool.

Shellheads, rank your top 5 Iron Man stories!

1. Demon in a Bottle
    2. Armor Wars
    3. Most Wanted
    4. Extremis
    5. Five Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Pretty cool.

Shellheads, rank your top 5 Iron Man stories!

1. Demon in a Bottle
    2. Armor Wars
    3. Most Wanted
    4. Extremis
    5. Five Nightmares
    1. Demon in a Bottle
    2. Armor Wars
    3. Doomquest/Knightmare
    4. Escape from Heaven's Hand!/Light Makes Might!
    5. The Mask in the Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    I agree that he's a good scapegoat.

I can't speak for the comics necessarily, but when it comes to the MCU fandom, a lot of it is that Tony's harshest critics are simply threatened by his popularity, so they think they have to tear him down...and sometimes for the silliest things.

I'm probably glad I wasn't in fandom for when either Civil War first happened, comics or movie.
    I agree with everything you've stated here. Also you are so right on being a fan of Tony when he Civil War comics came out. People had serious hate for Tony then, but his true fans stuck it out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I really loved those variants. I have a few of them.

(1)Haunted
    (2)Enter: The Mandarin
    (3)Tales of Suspense vol 1, issue #62
    (4)Tales of Suspense vol 1, issue #50
    (5)Iron Man vol 1, issue #100

iMan 42s

I'm going to join in on the top 5 best, but mostly for recent things (that is in the last coupe of years) that I've read that are really good Iron man books. Pretty much because there is a lot of classics out there and this list could go far longer than 5.

1. Infamous Iron man- It's more a Doctor Doom book if anything, but it does bear the name, and it's genuinely good.
    2. Superior Iron man
    3. Extremis
    4 War of the Iron men
    5. Iron man 2.0
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Always loved this story. I enjoy it everytime I reread it. I don't agree with some of the stuff he did, but there are things he did that I thought were his rights.

Howard Stark was not a likable father to me before the adoption angle. Even less so now.

I seen this coming for a while. Hopefully after this she could see why it's hard for Tony to give up being Iron Man.