Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This cover has gotten me a little worried about Tony relapsing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This cover has gotten me a little worried about Tony relapsing.
    But it's digital so it doesn't count (which I assume will be the justification) .

MARVEL’S AVENGERS: UNTITLED PRELUDE #2 (of 3)
    WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • PACO DIAZ (A)
    THANOS’ MAD QUEST CONTINUES!
    • THANOS’ quest for the INFINITY STONES threatens the universe!
    • While DOCTOR STRANGE, IRON MAN and SPIDER-MAN face off against the “CHILDREN OF THANOS,” the VISION forms a dire plan…
    • …even as THOR and ROCKET seek a legendary weapon that may be the universe’s only hope!
    • Plus: GAMORA’s past is revealed!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #8
    DAN SLOTT (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A)
    Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    MARVEL 80TH VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO SCHITI
    • You’re not really wearing a jetpack, user. It’s a game.
    • You’re not really shooting someone and stealing their car, user. It’s just a game.
    • You’re not really taking that drink, Tony Stark...
    • Do not miss this issue of Iron Man. “Digital Demon in a Bottle” is literally a game changer!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 12 HC
    Written by BILL MANTLO with GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by GEORGE TUSKA with KEITH POLLARD & CARMINE INFANTINO
    Cover by JIM STARLIN
    It’s time for an upgrade! Iron Man increases his armor’s power as his title gains a powerful new writer: Bill Mantlo! Never before collected, Mantlo’s run delved into Tony Stark’s supporting cast, added a dose of industrial intrigue and brought back iconic adversaries. It begins with accusations of Stark Industries bribing U.S. senators, gets dangerous with the return of Ultimo and reaches a fever pitch when an all-new Guardsman comes calling! Then, in the lead-up to the blockbuster issue #100, Sunfire pits heat against iron in the prelude to the return of Tony’s greatest foe: the Mandarin! Next, the mysterious Madame Masque and the Jack of Hearts enter the fray — and the volume wraps up with an out-of-this-world battle for Wundagore Mountain! Collecting IRON MAN (1968) #95-112.
    344 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91716-6
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 12 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 275 (DM ONLY)
    344 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91717-3

AVENGERS #12
    JASON AARON (W) • ED McGUINNESS (A)
    COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    THE ALL-NEW SECRET AVENGERS!
    It’s hard to run the Avengers without a support staff. And for a team as wild, weird and insanely powerful as this new Avengers squad, just one Jarvis would never do. Luckily, Black Panther has assembled the wildest and weirdest support staff you’ve ever seen. Meet Gorilla Man, Ka-Zar and the rest of the Agents of Wakanda.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But it's digital so it doesn't count (which I assume will be the justification) .
    That's the excuse I was thinking of as well. Hopefully that's what it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    MARVEL’S AVENGERS: UNTITLED PRELUDE #2 (of 3)
    WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • PACO DIAZ (A)
    THANOS’ MAD QUEST CONTINUES!
    • THANOS’ quest for the INFINITY STONES threatens the universe!
    • While DOCTOR STRANGE, IRON MAN and SPIDER-MAN face off against the “CHILDREN OF THANOS,” the VISION forms a dire plan…
    • …even as THOR and ROCKET seek a legendary weapon that may be the universe’s only hope!
    • Plus: GAMORA’s past is revealed!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #8
    DAN SLOTT (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A)
    Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO SCHITI
    • You’re not really wearing a jetpack, user. It’s a game.
    • You’re not really shooting someone and stealing their car, user. It’s just a game.
    • You’re not really taking that drink, Tony Stark...
    • Do not miss this issue of Iron Man. “Digital Demon in a Bottle” is literally a game changer!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 12 HC
    Written by BILL MANTLO with GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by GEORGE TUSKA with KEITH POLLARD & CARMINE INFANTINO
    Cover by JIM STARLIN
    It’s time for an upgrade! Iron Man increases his armor’s power as his title gains a powerful new writer: Bill Mantlo! Never before collected, Mantlo’s run delved into Tony Stark’s supporting cast, added a dose of industrial intrigue and brought back iconic adversaries. It begins with accusations of Stark Industries bribing U.S. senators, gets dangerous with the return of Ultimo and reaches a fever pitch when an all-new Guardsman comes calling! Then, in the lead-up to the blockbuster issue #100, Sunfire pits heat against iron in the prelude to the return of Tony’s greatest foe: the Mandarin! Next, the mysterious Madame Masque and the Jack of Hearts enter the fray — and the volume wraps up with an out-of-this-world battle for Wundagore Mountain! Collecting IRON MAN (1968) #95-112.
    344 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91716-6
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 12 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 275 (DM ONLY)
    344 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91717-3

AVENGERS #12
    JASON AARON (W) • ED McGUINNESS (A)
    COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    THE ALL-NEW SECRET AVENGERS!
    It’s hard to run the Avengers without a support staff. And for a team as wild, weird and insanely powerful as this new Avengers squad, just one Jarvis would never do. Luckily, Black Panther has assembled the wildest and weirdest support staff you’ve ever seen. Meet Gorilla Man, Ka-Zar and the rest of the Agents of Wakanda.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I for sure will be getting Tony Stark: Iron Man, Prelude, and Avengers. I can't afford the Masterworks.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-16-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I want this to happen again! Ock got on over Tony and Tony got one over Ock. Remember how pissed we were Marvel2100 at want happened in Unfixable lol. It's time for another round.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-doctor-...plicated-past/
    Yeah, that really ticked me off. I don't see how Tony will ever forget that moment if he sees Ock again. Payback needs to be painful as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, that really ticked me off. I don't see how Tony will ever forget that moment if he sees Ock again. Payback needs to be painful as hell.
    Hell yeah. Tony will prove he is the one who is truly Superior.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-17-2018 at 09:55 AM.

I would jump out of my seat if this would happen LOL!
    maybe

maybe
    THAT IS GREAT! LOL! I so want this to happen.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.

BANNED

Tales of Suspense #46 Oct 1963
    "Iron Man Faces the Crimson Dynamo!"
    Khrushchev sends the Crimson Dynamo to the United States to "wreck Stark's project and get rid of Iron Man";

Iron Man defeats the Crimson Dynamo

and convinces him to defect.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Robert Bernstein (script) (as R. Berns), art by Don Heck

Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War - The Art of the Movie

Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War - The Art of the Movie
    Really great art. If the art book goes on sale I will definitely be picking it up.

I want to ask my fellow shellheads a question. Why does everyone put the blame strictly on Tony when other characters are involved as well? Civil War happened. Tony got all the blame and Reed got a pass. In the movie Avengers Age of Ultron. Tony gets all the blame while Banner gets none. Also when Tony and Doctor Strange mindwiped Cap. Tony got all the blame and Strange got the pass. Should I make this a thread or would Tony haters just come a bash him without a justifiable opinion?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-22-2018 at 12:53 PM.

As for Age of Ultron the answer for me is that it helps Tony's MCU arc if he gets all the blame so putting it on Banner doesn't really help anything (Also Banner is already in a fragile state throughout the entire film so we feel more sorry for him), as for the rest I don't really have an answer. I guess people are so used to him being the scapegoat it's just familiar territory for us at this point.

I want to ask my fellow shellheads a question. Why does everyone put the blame strictly on Tony when other characters are involved as well? Civil War happened. Tony got all the blame and Reed got a pass. In the movie Avengers Age of Ultron. Tony gets all the blame while Banner gets none. Also when Tony and Doctor Strange mindwiped Cap. Tony got all the blame and Strange got the pass. Should I make this a thread or would Tony haters just come a bash him without a justifiable opinion?
    Easy. They see Tony as the perfect scapegoat. They figure that they can do damage to Tony's rep and image and he'll recover. They can't do this with Steve(golden boy), Reed(family man), Strange(who would care) or Banner(he's already a monster so...).

Also, I wouldn't make it a thread. You run the risk of some fans getting the ban-hammer in the resulting argument and/or the thread getting locked.

Because the writers frame it as all his fault. It would have been very easy to frame civil war as Rogers essentially being a cop who doesn't want to be bogged down with dash-cameras and internal affairs investigations and all the tools that make cops accountable to democracy. Which is to say, as an arrogant and childish vigilante. Instead they framed him as the wonderful perfect champion of freedom. It's all about the framing, man.