Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Archie Goodwin!!!

Iron Man #3 Jul 1968
    "My Friend, My Foe...The Freak!"
    After rescuing a work crew at the Stark Industries Long Island rocket construction site,

Iron Man experiences chest pains when his armor runs out of power.
    To repair and rebuild his armor Tony needs help from his close friend Happy Hogan.

Unfortunately part of the repair procedure involves Happy operating the Cobalt Bombarder...and that step leads to the return of the Freak!

It's another showdown between the golden avenger and the Freak...with Pepper Hogan caught in the middle!
    Cameo appearance by Whitney Frost. NOTE: The letters page includes a letter from comics writer and artist Walter Simonson.

Script by Archie Goodwin https://comicvine.gamespot.com/archi...in/4040-42923/. Art by Johnny Craig.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 09-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Iron Man #3 Jul 1968
    "My Friend, My Foe...The Freak!"
    After rescuing a work crew at the Stark Industries Long Island rocket construction site,

Iron Man experiences chest pains when his armor runs out of power.
    To repair and rebuild his armor Tony needs help from his close friend Happy Hogan.

Unfortunately part of the repair procedure involves Happy operating the Cobalt Bombarder...and that step leads to the return of the Freak!

It's another showdown between the golden avenger and the Freak...with Pepper Hogan caught in the middle!
    Cameo appearance by Whitney Frost. NOTE: The letters page includes a letter from comics writer and artist Walter Simonson.

Script by Archie Goodwin https://comicvine.gamespot.com/archi...in/4040-42923/. Art by Johnny Craig.
    Happy Birthday Archie Goodwin! I absolutely loved his art. A legend.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Something we already know, but I had to share it anyway lol.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-avengers-most-talkative/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Very nice!
    It would make an excellent poster to get framed.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Was she ever actually called that? She's Potts nowadays and didn't that marriage end with her getting widowed in Civil War? Usually a widow would keep their married name unless they remarry, so I figured she never changed her surname in the first place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Don't know if anyone's posted this, but great news for those who prefer paperbacks to hardcovers: https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Hero...ete+collection

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Don't know if anyone's posted this, but great news for those who prefer paperbacks to hardcovers: https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Hero...ete+collection
    I actually have this one in hardback as it was came out in omnibus form. It's a good deal to get this in paperback although you can find the hardccover for a really good price if you want.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.

It's a great omnibus. I just know some people prefer paperbacks (like myself) so it's great that it'll be collected in that format.

avengers 4

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    avengers 4
    Cool pics. Can't wait for Avengers 4.

The two who started it all. Thanks to these two in Iron Man 1, I took my interest of comics to the next level and started collecting. Fraction's Iron Man being some of the first paperbacks I ever bought.

Pepperony... nice, a portmanteau couple name that actually has a pun in it!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The two who started it all. Thanks to these two in Iron Man 1, I took my interest of comics to the next level and started collecting. Fraction's Iron Man being some of the first paperbacks I ever bought.
    That's really cool. I was not aware of that. I'm glad Iron Man got you into comics more.