Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

I was really depressed when I saw the begininng of the trailer. I know he's going to make it out, but to see him so alone and wounded got to me. I hope Pepper gets the message.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I was really depressed when I saw the begininng of the trailer. I know he's going to make it out, but to see him so alone and wounded got to me. I hope Pepper gets the message.
    She's gonna put on a suit and "rescue" him

This is just speculation on my part and most likely not going to happen this way.

Fan poster by Bosslogic with Tony

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hey, I was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the 90s can help me out. I was recently reading West Coast Avengers 102 (the issue where they broke up) and Tony and Rhodey had a very antagonistic relationship. I can't remember what Rhodes was mad about. Does anyone know what the reason was?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It's because of the events of Iron Man #300, out the same month.
    Ultimo easily bests the United States National Guard as it heads towards Futura. War Machine gathers together old allies of Iron Man. Donning old model Iron Man armors, the Iron Legion rushes to battle Ultimo, while Veronica Benning visits the comatose Tony Stark and bares her soul. Stark battles his personal demons and nightmares and manages to wake up from his coma. Hiding the pain racking him, he puts on his new Model 13 armor, equipped with modular weapons. After much of the Iron Legion takes a severe beating, Iron Man enters the fray and utilizes modular weapons to create a lightning rod that fries Ultimo's circuits. Angry that Tony seems content to let others risk their lives when he gets all the glory, War Machine punches Iron Man in the face and flies off. As Stark returns to Veronica, Marcy Pearson and Philip Grant hack into Stark's computer systems and start e-mailing information to various news companies.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Vol_1_300
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So wait, Stark didn't intervene earlier because he was in a coma? Is Jim Rhodes supposed to be sympathetic here?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So wait, Stark didn't intervene earlier because he was in a coma? Is Jim Rhodes supposed to be sympathetic here?
    If I remember correctly it's because Tony made everyone believe he was dead. He faked his death and was being worked on while in a coma and Rhodey was pissed about that. It ended up coming to a head in Iron Man #310.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    She's gonna put on a suit and "rescue" him

This is just speculation on my part and most likely not going to happen this way.
    I think it will be Captain Marvel, but as like you mines is just guessing.

'Avengers' Fans Are Hounding NASA to Rescue Tony Stark From Space
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-nasa-twitter/

NASA Responds to 'Avengers: Endgame' Fans Asking to Save Tony Stark

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-nasa-twitter/

Nasa oficial Tony Stark

https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1071818572056403970

Hey Marvel, we heard about Tony Stark. As we know, the first thing you should do is listen in mission control for “Avengers, we have a problem.” But if he can’t communicate, then we recommend ground teams use all resources to scan the skies for your missing man

Last edited by juan678; 12-09-2018 at 04:23 PM.