Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't have a problem with Carol. Recent writers have almost cast her as a bully in these past events and stories outside of her own solo. They just can't write a decent Captain Marvel.
    Yeah i have no problem with her character but u should compare her character background during 80s or 90s and her current retconned background , especially her physical relationship background , it's probably the most weirdest background of Marvel Universe . .

But that's not a problem for me either and i actually liked her looks on her old costumes in MU .

The real problem for me was as far as i heard rumors from other forums , about her movie . They are trying to make her planetary/sky tier superhuman in MCU , that means she is more powerful than MCU Thor , Hulk , Scarlet Witch ,Dr Strange and Iron Man and maybe even MCU Thanos . I was really WOW , am i dreaming ?

For the sake of feminism they are actually trying make her superior over "the big three" , it's really annoying for me no matter what .
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-01-2018 at 11:57 PM.

You know that's what they call her, right? Earth's Mightiest Hero?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    all Avengers are "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" , not singular .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    all Avengers are "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" , not singular .

BANNED

Guys have u watched this animated series ?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Yeah i have no problem with her character but u should compare her character background during 80s or 90s and her current retconned background , especially her physical relationship background , it's probably the most weirdest background of Marvel Universe . .

But that's not a problem for me either and i actually liked her looks on her old costumes in MU .

The real problem for me was as far as i heard rumors from other forums , about her movie . They are trying to make her planetary/sky tier superhuman in MCU , that means she is more powerful than MCU Thor , Hulk , Scarlet Witch ,Dr Strange and Iron Man and maybe even MCU Thanos . I was really WOW , am i dreaming ?

For the sake of feminism they are actually trying make her superior over "the big three" , it's really annoying for me no matter what .
    Carol has been ultra-powerful in the comics. During her Binary identity she was destroying planets. It seems like the movies are just going to keep Carol's full access to her Binary level powers instead of the watered down levels she has currently in the comics.

I'm not sure why which characters are the strongest really matters. There are things characters like Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, ect can do that Carol Danvers can't so it isn't really comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I didn't hear or read any of the writers saying that would have changed how he feels towards Bucky. So I can't speak on that.
    His initial reaction would be him obviously upset, but as one of the screenwriters said, time would have changed his mind. And now he's had time.

From Stephen McFeely: “But we knew we didn’t want to [reveal Bucky killed Tony’s parents] early. If you do that in the first act, and that’s why Tony Stark is running after Bucky Barnes, he’s got too long to think ‘Bucky Barnes has been brainwashed, he’s a victim in this in many ways, I’m a reasonable person,’ but if you structure the movie so that at the end of the movie Tony finds out very viscerally in a really well-directed, not gory, but emotionally intense scene, that Winter Soldier killed Hope Davis [Maria] and John Slattery [Howard], he’s going to go nuts and he’s gonna snap and you’re going to earn that third act that we wanted. That meant the villain had to be sneaky and sort of in the background. So many decisions were based on wanting [that reveal moment] there."

Guys have u watched this animated series ?

This was a very cool cartoon. The animation was amazing to me. Also they took stories from the comics and really stayed true to them. Extremis and Man in the Iron Mask were top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    His initial reaction would be him obviously upset, but as one of the screenwriters said, time would have changed his mind. And now he's had time.

From Stephen McFeely: “But we knew we didn’t want to [reveal Bucky killed Tony’s parents] early. If you do that in the first act, and that’s why Tony Stark is running after Bucky Barnes, he’s got too long to think ‘Bucky Barnes has been brainwashed, he’s a victim in this in many ways, I’m a reasonable person,’ but if you structure the movie so that at the end of the movie Tony finds out very viscerally in a really well-directed, not gory, but emotionally intense scene, that Winter Soldier killed Hope Davis [Maria] and John Slattery [Howard], he’s going to go nuts and he’s gonna snap and you’re going to earn that third act that we wanted. That meant the villain had to be sneaky and sort of in the background. So many decisions were based on wanting [that reveal moment] there."
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. It makes sense.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-02-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

tbh I don't see why tony would continue to be mad at bucky. I can see in the moment, and for a few days, but c'mon, dude was brainwashed and basically not even himself.

So yeah I don't think he's mad at him. He may be uncomfortable around him, but that's different. Hence I agree with mcfeely
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-02-2018 at 10:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Carol has been ultra-powerful in the comics. During her Binary identity she was destroying planets. It seems like the movies are just going to keep Carol's full access to her Binary level powers instead of the watered down levels she has currently in the comics.

I'm not sure why which characters are the strongest really matters. There are things characters like Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, ect can do that Carol Danvers can't so it isn't really comparable.
    I think they're gonna play up the energy absorption and binary form. She did Kayo sentry that one time after absorbing a nuke, and also beat count nefaria that other time with wolverine. I think there was one time quasar confused her for an omnipotent too when she unleashed her full power to save the earth by sucking up dark matter from the sun (galactic storm)

In my opinion tony is also going to make some hax armors like the phoenix buster/thorbuster types which are specified to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    In my opinion tony is also going to make some hax armors like the phoenix buster/thorbuster types which are specified to the task.
    I'm hoping so. I would love to see some of these newer buster armors on the big screen.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-02-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    tbh I don't see why tony would continue to be mad at bucky. I can see in the moment, and for a few days, but c'mon, dude was brainwashed and basically not even himself.

So yeah I don't think he's mad at him. He may be uncomfortable around him, but that's different. Hence I agree with mcfeely
    I mean I get it. Tony lost his parents and Bucky was directly involved (and that SUCKS because they're two of my favorite characters). Consciously or not. BUT, Bucky aside, my main point was that both Tony and Steve had taken steps towards reconciling at the end of Cap: Civil War and it just seemed to be blatantly disregarded in Infinity War.
    Last edited by cc008; 11-02-2018 at 11:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Well Carol's or Binary's strength level was shown as Class 100 on Official Handbook in 1980s , the same as Thor's level which was consistent , till Thor become unworthy but was still better than Carol presently .

But Carol without her Binary powers , her strength dropped to Class 50 on Official Handbook in 2010s .
    As for Scarlet Witch(House of M ) and Hulk(Immortal Hulk) in comics they are simply superior to her right now .

As for MCU , I wouldn't say as much as for Scarlet or Hulk to be superior(or underpowered) but Bleeding Edge MCU Ironman is overwhelming for Carol's current power level in comics .

As for IW Thor , his powers are simply overwhelming Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet , when Thanos used the uni-beam or the whole power of IG against Thor. This simply shows that Carol's Binary powers are nowhere near IW Thor .
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-02-2018 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This was a very cool cartoon. The animation was amazing to me. Also they took stories from the comics and really stayed true to them. Extremis and Man in the Iron Mask were top notch.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. It makes sense.
    Well i really liked how they orchestrated the Mandarins and it's myth , which was quite underwhelming in IM 3 . I wouldn't say it was same Tony's portrayal as in comics , since he was a teenager in this animated series but i really liked his extremis and the stealth armor was one of my costume design for Iron Man imo . The music was also really good .
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-02-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Well i really liked how they orchestrated the Mandarins and it's myth , which was quite underwhelming in IM 3 . I wouldn't say it was same Tony's portrayal as in comics , since he was a teenager in this animated series but i really liked his extremis and the stealth armor was one of my costume design for Iron Man imo . The music was also really good .
    Glad another Iron Man fan enjoyed it. I liked how they did Mandarin as well. The stealth armor was well done. I'm going to go back and watch Seasons 1 and 2. Also it was sad to me that it only lasted 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-02-2018 at 04:09 PM.